The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Ramp23

Fox Sports Schedule

Canes, Fox Sports Carolinas Announce 2012-13 TV Schedule

Regional sports network to televise all 48 Hurricanes games

Tuesday, 01.15.2013 / 1:30 PM / News By Ken Preston

RALEIGH, NC – The National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, and the team’s broadcast partner FOX Sports Carolinas, today announced that all 48 games of the Hurricanes’ 2012-13 season will be televised. Of the 48 games, 45 games will be carried on FOX Sports Carolinas, while three will be carried on FOX Sports Carolinas’ sister station, SportSouth.

As always, John Forslund will handle the play-by-play duties and former professional goaltender Tripp Tracy will provide analysis. Starting this season, Forslund and Tracy will be joined by sideline reporter and host Chantel McCabe. Each of the team’s games will be preceded by the network’s 30-minute pre-game show, Hurricanes Live.

Click here for the TV schedule.

Edited by TSA

Any word yet on Fox Sports Carolinas schedule yet? It would be a shame to miss the opener!

Either tomorrow or Wed....at least that's the info for today. Be thankful the PA and the owners aren't in charge of releasing the schedule because we may not see it until May.

Since you're the opening post, the schedule and link will get edited into your post :)

I have a feeling the fox sports schedule is going to be disappointing. I can't imagine how many time slots are already filled with other games.

Edited by legend-1

I'm going to assume (hope?) that DirecTV will have something similar. Thanks for the heads up...

Usually for all carriers it's free the first two weeks. I've been with Comcast, Adelphia and TWC and I can't remember a season it wasn't free for the first 2 weeks.

given the compressed schedule it would hard to see FS-NC carrying a majority of Canes games don't think there is a market for Canes' games every other night. At least we are not like the Kitty-kats' market where an infomercial gets better ratings than their games

So from what I have heard and what was posted in another thread, every game this year will be televised!!!!!

Correct. Just waiting for the official press release and the broadcast info to be added to the schedule page. :)

I have a feeling the fox sports schedule is going to be disappointing. I can't imagine how many time slots are already filled with other games.

I now have a feeling lots of other people are going to be disappointed other then me when their games are no longer carried.

Sucks to be them :D

So what does SPSO mean? anyone know? They say all games televised but I looked up Spso and it says something about internet streaming. I'm gonna be mad if games 2 and 3 can only be viewed on the internet.

So what does SPSO mean? anyone know? They say all games televised but I looked up Spso and it says something about internet streaming. I'm gonna be mad if games 2 and 3 can only be viewed on the internet.

I think it stands for Sports South ie: Fox Sports South. Out here on the coast they (Charter) carry Fox Sports South and switch to Fox Sports Carolina before the hockey game. At least they always have. I'm wondering the same thing about the games on SPSO. At least its only 3 games.

add: Shut my mouth Charter now carries FS-CR but not sure I get Sport South anymore.

OK the Hurricanes posted no information about AT&T and I'm getting a little panicky over here. I have AT &T in Goldsboro, and I am not seeing FS Carolinas listed, and Sports South does not have the Canes games listed.

Searching for the Hurricanes only shows feeds for the first two games FROM Florida.

AT &T shuts down after 7PM so I can't call them tonight. I'll call tomorrow, but anyone know about this?

I will have to quickly cancel and go back to TWC if I can't get and record Canes games.

OK the Hurricanes posted no information about AT&T and I'm getting a little panicky over here. I have AT &T in Goldsboro, and I am not seeing FS Carolinas listed, and Sports South does not have the Canes games listed.

Searching for the Hurricanes only shows feeds for the first two games FROM Florida.

AT &T shuts down after 7PM so I can't call them tonight. I'll call tomorrow, but anyone know about this?

I will have to quickly cancel and go back to TWC if I can't get and record Canes games.

I don't think it will end up being an issue for you. As Fox Sports South is kind of the "parent" of FSCarolinas, they should be contractually required to provide at least alternate feeds for the Carolinas market. I know of Dish customers who typically have FXSPSO programming but have to change channels to an alternate feed for the Canes games, ACC football instead of SEC football, etc. I have Suddenlink Cable (with NO NHL Network availability - I might add!) and the programming is usually from FXSPSO and changes automatically for FSCAR stuff. It is tough sometimes to program a DVR because the guides don't always list the games. Hope you get a customer rep who gives a crap and is able to help you more tomorrow.

I don't think it will end up being an issue for you. As Fox Sports South is kind of the "parent" of FSCarolinas, they should be contractually required to provide at least alternate feeds for the Carolinas market. I know of Dish customers who typically have FXSPSO programming but have to change channels to an alternate feed for the Canes games, ACC football instead of SEC football, etc. I have Suddenlink Cable (with NO NHL Network availability - I might add!) and the programming is usually from FXSPSO and changes automatically for FSCAR stuff. It is tough sometimes to program a DVR because the guides don't always list the games. Hope you get a customer rep who gives a crap and is able to help you more tomorrow.

Thanks pepcane. I hope you're right, cause I bet ATT will soak me if I try to change mid contract.

I work a lot of evenings and DVR ing is critical. Nothing like getting home and watching the game!

Thanks pepcane. I hope you're right, cause I bet ATT will soak me if I try to change mid contract.

I work a lot of evenings and DVR ing is critical. Nothing like getting home and watching the game!

It's hard as heck not checking to see what the outcome is before watching it when I do that! Let us know how it works out for you.

I have been told by the Canes that the games will be carried on an alternate Fox Sports Channel.

The game is currently only listed on the Florida Fox Sports channels. Still leaves me a bit unsettled, but going to trust. beach.gif

I hope this is true,becuase I forwarded to sat night, and it has the Bobcats playing on FSC and Sports South!!!

I hope I get to see the canes,I hope the loser Bobcats do not prevent me from seeing opening night!!!!

I hope this is true,becuase I forwarded to sat night, and it has the Bobcats playing on FSC and Sports South!!!

I hope I get to see the canes,I hope the loser Bobcats do not prevent me from seeing opening night!!!!

if this is the case is the Kitty-kat feed on CI an option?