The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Ramp23

Fox Sports Schedule

I live in the Greenville, SC area and have Charter Cable. I'm getting nervous because the Fox Sports Carolinas listing for Saturday at 7 is a Charlotte Bobcats game. It's begining to look more and more like I won't be able to watch the opening game of the season.

I live in the Greenville, SC area and have Charter Cable. I'm getting nervous because the Fox Sports Carolinas listing for Saturday at 7 is a Charlotte Bobcats game. It's begining to look more and more like I won't be able to watch the opening game of the season.

Unfortunately, this is something you'll deal with all hockey season. And even if the schedule shows the Canes, sometimes it'll be the Bobcats instead (and really, who would want to watch that, even if you like basketball.) It's why I made the switch to ATT as they have a lot of alternative feeds. Check further down the listing on Charter and just be sure it's not on FSS instead.

Unfortunately, this is something you'll deal with all hockey season. And even if the schedule shows the Canes, sometimes it'll be the Bobcats instead (and really, who would want to watch that, even if you like basketball.) It's why I made the switch to ATT as they have a lot of alternative feeds. Check further down the listing on Charter and just be sure it's not on FSS instead.

So AT&T works out ok with you? Where do you find the games? Any problem recording them?

Never had any issues with ATT beyond blacked out games of other teams feeds on the other Fox Sports channels, which makes the Sports Package less of a value. And of course, the loss of the NHL Network a year or so ago. But they have much better Canes coverage than I had with Charter. But I'm in Spartanburg, SC, so your mileage may vary depending on location.

Edited by jmburre

SportsSouth unfortunately is showing Hawks basketball. I really have no interest in the NBA. This has been a problem but I can at least understand why they would have the Bobcats instead of the Hurricanes. What I hate is when I'm expecting the Hurricanes and I turn on to see women's college basketball or even worse, poker.

SportsSouth unfortunately is showing Hawks basketball. I really have no interest in the NBA. This has been a problem but I can at least understand why they would have the Bobcats instead of the Hurricanes. What I hate is when I'm expecting the Hurricanes and I turn on to see women's college basketball or even worse, poker.

Seems trivial to some, but it's exactly why I dumped Charter a couple years ago and switched to ATT. I can't miss my games and ATT has enough alternative channels for FSS/FSC or whatever that I don't miss the games due to schedule conflicts.

Seems trivial to some, but it's exactly why I dumped Charter a couple years ago and switched to ATT. I can't miss my games and ATT has enough alternative channels for FSS/FSC or whatever that I don't miss the games due to schedule conflicts.

I'm stuck with Charter for now since my landlady is paying for most of it but I do remember having that alternate channel when I had DirectTV and I miss that.

For those worrying about AT&T, I think you are fine depending on your package. I see both the season opener and home opener on my channel guide now. I didn't see them until today. I live in the Raleigh area so I don't know if my channel numbers are the same as yours, but for me the season opener is on channel 1726 (FSHDa2) and the home opener is on channel 1728 (SPSHDa - which is Fox Sports South).

Check your guide again. As I mentioned above I didn't start seeing the listing for the games on the channel guide until this morning.

Charter seperates there HD and standard channels, I am looking at FSCHD right now,and at 7:30 it shows Game Time Wolfpack Basketball, but on FSC Standard it shows NHL Hockey,Carolina vs Florida

does this mean that all games will not be in HD,or has Charter just not updated there guide all the way yet ?

Keep an eye on your guides. Up until today Fox Sports on Time Warner here in Raleigh (1508) was not showing the Canes game but as of today it is on the guide.

Your right. Time-Warner now shows Sat's game on the usual 1508. But They show next Tues and Thur games on non-HD channel 520, which is a Special Events channel. Guess this is how they are handling 1508 scheduling conflicts. Maybe other providers are doing something similar. It doesn't show the pre- or post-game shows though, so I'm taping a half hour before and after the game

Looks like Dish customers aren't getting toniights game and if I read the broadcast Info right on the canes site, dish customers will only get the standard def broadcast for every game.

I seriously hope that's wrong. If the first game of the season Isn't broadcasted especially considering its not even at home. I will be beyond pissed.

Mods, if this isn't the right place to post this please move.

This is a followup to something I posted in the GDT last night (sorry - that probably wasn't the best place to post and I've since deleted it, but I was totally frustrated at the time, and being new I can't start a new thread yet). Cox and CI didn't show the game here in Virginia (channel 673 had the notice "to subsrcibe please call blah blah blah..."), I called Cox and they said it was blacked out. Our blackout team is the Caps, not the Canes, but whatever, I was talking to Cox "support". I hate CI anyway and wasn't going to pay for it this season. So I signed up for Game Center which I was planning on doing anyway after the free previews of CI ended. Got to watch into 1st period intermission, than GC died and I could never get back in. It kept loading and loading and loading and loading... Wonderful way to start the season, thankfully it looks like I didn't want to watch the game anyway. Since we can't get Fox Sports here I'm screwed. Wondering if anyone else had issues getting the game outside of a direct feed of Fox Sports via cable or sat? Any suggestions appreciated.

Edited by VaCaniac

I just wanted to ask, was everyone else's video quality of the game laughable to anyone else? It was constantly choppy and definitely not HD, and maybe not even standard definition. Not to mention the first ten minutes of the first period they had one awkward angle, then eventually they got more angles in. I don't know, it seemed like nobody was ready last night, not even the broadcasting crew.

I just wanted to ask, was everyone else's video quality of the game laughable to anyone else? It was constantly choppy and definitely not HD, and maybe not even standard definition. Not to mention the first ten minutes of the first period they had one awkward angle, then eventually they got more angles in. I don't know, it seemed like nobody was ready last night, not even the broadcasting crew.

No doubt they were having some unfortunate technical difficulties.

Hey guys, former thrashers fan here. I moved to Columbia, SC two years ago, and would like to start following the Canes. However, looks like Time Warner is a huge problem. They didn't show the opener, but a friend with Uverse said they had the feed. Does anybody know the situation with Time Warner, and what cities get all of the games. Last year they showed select games, but not all. When I first moved to Columbia, it was a select amount of Thrashers or Canes games aired. Being that Columbia is in South Carolina, I can't imagine why they wouldn't broadcast all Canes games. Time Warner also doesn't broadcast a single Bobcats game here, even though Charlotte is 90 miles away. Time Warner seems like a giant piece of crap, and I thought Comcast was bad in Atlanta. As soon I move again, it looks like Uverse is the better choice. Any information would be much appreciated.

Hey guys, former thrashers fan here. I moved to Columbia, SC two years ago, and would like to start following the Canes. However, looks like Time Warner is a huge problem. They didn't show the opener, but a friend with Uverse said they had the feed. Does anybody know the situation with Time Warner, and what cities get all of the games. Last year they showed select games, but not all. When I first moved to Columbia, it was a select amount of Thrashers or Canes games aired. Being that Columbia is in South Carolina, I can't imagine why they wouldn't broadcast all Canes games. Time Warner also doesn't broadcast a single Bobcats game here, even though Charlotte is 90 miles away. Time Warner seems like a giant piece of crap, and I thought Comcast was bad in Atlanta. As soon I move again, it looks like Uverse is the better choice. Any information would be much appreciated.

I lived in Columbia/Lexington awhile ago and TW sucked then to. Now I live in VA and Cox sucks the same. Can't help you with that. As for which team is your "home/blackout" team per CI/GC, they each have a place on their sites to put in your zipcode (look under "help") and it will tell you which is your home/blackout team. Doesn't matter what you think "should be", matters what they think.

I live apporx. halfway between the Canes and the Caps, thank god my blackout team is the Caps. It's all stupid imo, we're paying to watch the games, we should be able to watch who we want, sellout or not. For me, I'm not going to drive ~3-4 hours and buy a ticket just because it's not sold out and I can't watch it on tv. When I can go, I do, has no bearing on ticket sales/blackouts.

I hate Sports South, I can't get it up here in Boone NC they just had the first two games on that channel for opening night instead of later in the season. I think FSC should get it cause people up here want to see the game. I hate Time Warner cable. I only have Charter Cable they don't get that channel. I'm going to have to watch the game online for the first one now.

Edited by JDMayo

I lived in Columbia/Lexington awhile ago and TW sucked then to. Now I live in VA and Cox sucks the same. Can't help you with that. As for which team is your "home/blackout" team per CI/GC, they each have a place on their sites to put in your zipcode (look under "help") and it will tell you which is your home/blackout team. Doesn't matter what you think "should be", matters what they think.

I live apporx. halfway between the Canes and the Caps, thank god my blackout team is the Caps. It's all stupid imo, we're paying to watch the games, we should be able to watch who we want, sellout or not. For me, I'm not going to drive ~3-4 hours and buy a ticket just because it's not sold out and I can't watch it on tv. When I can go, I do, has no bearing on ticket sales/blackouts.

The Thrashers were aired on Sportsouth, which is the same Sportsouth that is all over the southeast, but they have sub-feeds. Anywhere I went in Georgia or Alabama the Thrashers or Hawks were on TV without question. That is why it is so mind boggling to me that being here in South Carolina they don't air all of the games. A rep with the Canes emailed me back today and gave me a list of about 18 games that are "NC" only games, so that is part of the equation. I think Time Warner is catering to the rednecks in the area, apparently poker and the national feed would garnish more ratings then the local hockey team. It is also astounding that they don't air the Bobcats here being 85 miles from Charlotte. Quite pathetic, and annoying. Anyways, thank you for your help, I'll check out the blackout rule.

I hate Sports South, I can't get it up here in Boone NC they just had the first two games on that channel for opening night instead of later in the season. I think FSC should get it cause people up here want to see the game. I hate Time Warner cable. I only have Charter Cable they don't get that channel. I'm going to have to watch the game online for the first one now.

I can't believe you don't get Sportsouth in Boone. It is a sister station for FSN South, and it airs at least a third of the braves games. That area is definitely braves territory.

I have Charter on the Outer Banks and they have FSCR4 that I think they switch back and forth with FSsouth. We get FCS atlantic, central and pacific but that is college sports. We don't get any other Fox sports channels and none are in HD.

I have no idea if the game will be on tomorrow.