The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
bluedevil58

Quick question about opening night 50% off tickets?

Hey Guys,

So I got an email offering me 50% off on tickets for opening night if I purchase in the first 36 hours starting at 10 AM. This seems like a very awesome deal! Is this a hoax or is this actually legitimate because it seems too good to be true?

Legitimate :)

50% Off Opening Night Tickets

Beginning Wednesday, Jan. 16 at 10 a.m., the Carolina Hurricanes would like to offer you the opportunity to purchase tickets for Opening Night on Tuesday, Jan. 22 vs. Tampa Bay for 50% off the advance price.

Tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis and are subject to availability. This offer expires online at 10 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 17, and is limited to 9 tickets per account. If you need 10 or more tickets, please call 1-855-849-GROUP (1-855-849-4768) to speak with a group sales representative.

A link to purchase will be available here at on Wednesday, Jan. 16 at 10 a.m. Enter special offer code: CANES

Please note: You will need to select the option to create a new Group Manager account, even if you already have a Ticketmaster account. By entering the same e-mail address, Ticketmaster will combine your accounts automatically after your purchase is made. If you receive an error message, it may be due to high traffic or browser compatibility. It is recommended that you try using a different browser.

Season Ticket Holders got first crack at this yesterday with an even greater discount for this and some other additional home games, today the general public gets their chance at what seats are still available. Tickets are selling well.

Are tickets already sold out. Its saying tickets arent available for 50 percent anymore. Ticketmaster was being absolute crap as always and wouldnt let me choose different seats. It kept making me go to check out for tickets i didnt want so i had to back out and restart now it wont work.

There are still good seats available. Not to get too snobby, but there are no great seats. The Canes are clearing out seats that pretty clearly would not have sold mostly, then shutting down that category while there are definitely still many seats available.

Ex. For center ice premier, on the Washington game, they seem to have sold out the shoots once section, then closed down the entire category. So now those are no longer available, while I guarantee there are many center ice seats still unsold.

Not that I blame them and the price is nice. Just can't get what I wanted on that one. th_sad.gif

You need to follow the link and select best available after you enter in the promo code. I got myself center ice tickets right before 10 AM.

I couldnt get that far. I would click on the link and it would say not available. I finally got it to work though and ill be in the balcony, albeit much higher up than when i first had gotten in.

Hey! but still 50% off tickets for opening night! Can't really complain right? Is this balcolny on the 2nd or 3rd level. Because 2nd level balcony are hands down the best seats in the house!

303 Row N. Looked like pretty good seats. I like seats right around broadcast level and position. Dont like end zones but i would like to sit lower level for once. Once some tickets get on stub hub for almost 60 percent off, ill probably take a chance on them.

Edited by MarlinsCanesCop86

If you have questions you should contact someone on the sales staff. They should be able to help you.

Beginning Wednesday, Jan. 16 at 10 a.m., the Carolina Hurricanes would like to offer you the opportunity to purchase tickets for Opening Night on Tuesday, Jan. 22 vs. Tampa Bay for 50% off the advance price.

A link to purchase will be available here at on Wednesday, Jan. 16 at 10 a.m. Enter special offer code: CANES

I'm confused - where is this link referenced above?

On the page in the Fan Zone about 2012-13 Opening Night and Week Celebration, it says:

Beginning Wednesday, Jan. 16 at 10 a.m., fans who subscribe to the Hurricanes Watch email newsletter will receive an exclusive online code for 50% off Opening Night tickets. This sale will last for 36 hours, concluding on Thursday, Jan. 17 at 10 p.m.

I subscribed to this newsletter and received confirmation, but no "exclusive online code" for the 50% discount or where to order them.

Like I said, very confused...LOL. :unsure:

Edited by DianeNC

I'm confused - where is this link referenced above?

On the page in the Fan Zone about 2012-13 Opening Night and Week Celebration, it says:

Beginning Wednesday, Jan. 16 at 10 a.m., fans who subscribe to the Hurricanes Watch email newsletter will receive an exclusive online code for 50% off Opening Night tickets. This sale will last for 36 hours, concluding on Thursday, Jan. 17 at 10 p.m.

I subscribed to this newsletter and received confirmation, but no "exclusive online code" for the 50% discount or where to order them.

Like I said, very confused...LOL. :unsure:

I had to create another account. When I got the email from Ticketmaster it had "group" on it, so that's probably how it was categorized. Sorry you had difficulties.

I had to create another account. When I got the email from Ticketmaster it had "group" on it, so that's probably how it was categorized. Sorry you had difficulties.

Huh? My e-mail came from the Carolina Hurricanes (with no "exclusive online code" that the info on the Fan Zone page said it would contain.)

Where is the link to purchase these tickets referenced in the original article posted by TSA earlier in this thread?

(Why are they making it so difficult?) :(

My code was in the STH email from the Canes just below the CarolinaHurricanes.com/STHnights header. The Ticketmaster email I was referring to was the one which had the .pdf of the tickets. Sorry for the extra confusion.

Trying one last time in hope that someone knows what this deal is all about and how to take advantage of it.

Per the post that TSA shared in the beginning of this thread, there was supposed to be some link posted on 1/16 for folk to purchase tickets for opening night at 50% off - unfortunately, I don't see any link.

On the Fan Zone portion of our site, it states:

"Beginning Wednesday, Jan. 16 at 10 a.m., fans who subscribe to the Hurricanes Watch email newsletter will receive an exclusive online code for 50% off Opening Night tickets. This sale will last for 36 hours, concluding on Thursday, Jan. 17 at 10 p.m."

I subscribed to the newsletter, received confirmation, but there was no "exclusive online code" or any other information or link to get these tickets.

Someone....anyone?? Thanks!!

Diane, you should probably call the ticket sales staff. The code that I saw in an email was 'canes' but I'm not really sure how it was supposed to be used with the ticketmaster site. Opening night is now down to single seats only so it may be that the software isn't locating any seat. I really don't know too much about how this was all set up so I'd call them directly.

1-866-NHL-CANES (1-866-645-2263)

Here's the link to the info

Glad to see it wasn't just me who had problems (although sorry to see any of us had problems). I received the email with the discount code and link, but when I tried to buy my ticket I got an error saying the order could not be processed (nothing wrong with credit card). Tried again and got another error message saying there was already a payment pending on my account. Tried several more times with no luck, kept getting the same two error messages. Logged into my Ticketmaster account and there was no record of an order. Tried calling Canes Sales and after more than 90 minutes on hold I gave up and called Ticketmaster. Explained to them what was going on and they looked and couldn't find an order either. Transferred me to someone else who took my discount code and found me a ticket, but the discount didn't come out to 50% off the base ticket price, it was more like 45% and after they tacked on their ~$12 service fee PLUS taxes the ticket was almost normal price. Kind of disappointing the way it went down, but still happy to be able to see a game anyway.

Let's Go Canes!!!

Ticketmaster is the worst, I don't know why they tried to even deal with them, it should have been a call-in or at the box office only promotion (imo).

edit: just to update standing room only is all that is left for the home opener, so I hope everyone got their tickets.

Edited by Ichigo-1

What Ichigo said...

Standing Room Tickets Released for Canes Opener

Fans with tickets for Jan. 24 can claim free tickets to one of three upcoming games

Thursday, 01.17.2013 / 3:00 PM / News By Ken Preston

RALEIGH, NC – Bill Nowicki, Vice President of Ticket Operations for the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that standing-room tickets are now on sale for the team’s home opener on Tuesday, Jan. 22 against Tampa Bay. Standing room tickets are being released as only single seats remain throughout the seating bowl for Tuesday’s game. Fans with a 50 percent off code for Opening Night tickets will be able to use their codes for the standing-room tickets until 10 p.m. on Thursday when the code expires.

Due to the response to the team’s 50 percent off offer for Opening Night tickets, the Hurricanes have created a special promotion for the team’s second home game against Buffalo on Jan. 24. Fans that purchase or have purchased single-game tickets for the match up against Buffalo will receive free tickets to one of three upcoming games – Jan. 28 against Boston, Feb. 21 against Winnipeg or March 7 against Montreal. Fans that have already purchased single-game tickets for the Buffalo game can show their tickets at the PNC Arena Box Office during regular operating hours to receive their tickets to one of the three games listed above. Also, the College Night and Family Night discounts originally only available for Opening Night also will be extended to the Jan. 24 game.

For the Hurricanes’ first two home games – Jan. 22 against Tampa Bay and Jan. 24 against Buffalo – all fans in attendance can enjoy $1 hot dogs, popcorn and sodas at PNC Arena concession stands. Also, all merchandise at the Hurricanes’ team store, The Eye, is marked down 50 percent for all fans through Jan. 24.