The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Blinding

ReebokSaying New 2013-14 Cane Jerseys

Reebok is saying the Canes are going to get new home and away jerseys next season.

Reebok indicates new home/roads for Hurricanes

That's right, 16 years after leaving Hartford, the CAROLINA HURRICANES may be getting another uniform overhaul. Or so says Reebok, anyway. The manufacturer is preparing retailers for possible new home and road jerseys. However, the alternate appears to be remaining the same.There haven't been any rumors about the Hurricanes looking to redesign their sweaters, so it could be that they're just simplifying their designs next season. The fact that the third jersey isn't changing suggests the colors and logos will be left alone for now.What do you imagine the Canes could have in store for 2013?

I hope they aren't ridding of the shoulder stripes, was such a simple change that gave the jerseys a nice modern feel when they were introduced.

Maybe they'll put TWO tropical storm flags on there this time instead of just one!

But seriously...WHY? The unis ROCK enough as is...quit screwing with them just for marketing!!!

Good thing I just spent a ton of cash on new jerseys (after rocking the old CCM jerseys since 06'). Figures.

Edit: If they are not touching the third jerseys then I am safe, just caught that part :wheelchair:

Edited by Ichigo-1

Reebok is saying the Canes are going to get new home and away jerseys next season.

I hope they aren't ridding of the shoulder stripes, was such a simple change that gave the jerseys a nice modern feel when they were introduced.

See, I hate the piping on the shoulders. I thought it was completely pointless and really made us look like "Candy Canes". I like the clean look that we had before. I love our third jerseys but if shoulder piping had been added to them, it would have significantly downgraded the look for me.

See, I hate the piping on the shoulders. I thought it was completely pointless and really made us look like "Candy Canes". I like the clean look that we had before. I love our third jerseys but if shoulder piping had been added to them, it would have significantly downgraded the look for me.

I hate the piping too. I like the old sweaters. As long as they don't come out orange and blue to match the PNC logo I guess I'll get with the program.:shifty:

The current logo isn't bad, but I'm not in love with it. The current home/away jerseys aren't bad, but I'm not in love with them either. So I guess I'll be happy to see some new jerseys.

I doubt they change the main logo though. I would rather a new logo IMO.

Edited by SuckaPunchd

The piping sucked, unless your goin to make the shoulders a different color the piping looks terrible.

I can't see the logo changing considering the huge logo on the PNC windows is the Canes logo. Seems like a lot of money to waste if the logo was changing and I also think that would come with some sort of announcement before it happened.

I hope Reebok doesn't do what Nike did to uniforms and give everyone a fake collar of team color, that was just weird.

Wow, I just went through this with the Carolina Panthers... sometimes change is NOT good.

The Panthers all black unis look cool,they just picked a bad time to use them,should have saved them for a playoff year

The Panthers all black unis look cool,they just picked a bad time to use them,should have saved them for a playoff year

Yeah, they were OK... but the new logo design is disappointing to me. I'm a graphic designer and it just looks like something one of my class mates would have made in college - not professional. I like the old logo (hard to consider old since it was created in 1995). However, I made a hybrid version of the old and the new, which IMO looks much better than what they ended up using.

The Canes logo is perfect! I would be very very very upset if they changed it. The ALT is really good, too. So what good would a change be, unless it really is just to sell more stuff. This is exactly what I meant, I don't even like thinking about this - just leave everything alone!!

Yeah, they were OK... but the new logo design is disappointing to me. I'm a graphic designer and it just looks like something one of my class mates would have made in college - not professional. I like the old logo (hard to consider old since it was created in 1995). However, I made a hybrid version of the old and the new, which IMO looks much better than what they ended up using.

The Canes logo is perfect! I would be very very very upset if they changed it. The ALT is really good, too. So what good would a change be, unless it really is just to sell more stuff. This is exactly what I meant, I don't even like thinking about this - just leave everything alone!!

that logo is awesome JB, youre right,it looks 10 times better than the new one. I dont know why they changed it,but I guess they felt they needed to "Modernize" there logo,even though the one they had looked fine.

I also think the canes logo and unis look fine the way they are.

that logo is awesome JB, youre right,it looks 10 times better than the new one. I dont know why they changed it,but I guess they felt they needed to "Modernize" there logo,even though the one they had looked fine.

I also think the canes logo and unis look fine the way they are.

Thank you very much!

I think you are right, they wanted to have a new image to go along with the whole 'out-with-the-old, in-with-the-new' theme they initiated a couple years ago with Cam Newton's arrival and the exit of fan favorite veterans like Jake Delhomme, Muhs Muhammad, Nick Goings, Brad Hoover, John Kasay, etc. By the way, how'd that turn out Mr. Hurney? If you can't tell, that made me pretty angry, seeing all those guys get the ax.

Sorry to slightly derail the thread. Now I gotta say something about the Canes... uhh...

I didn't like the new piping in the uniforms, but I like the look now - it grew on me. So again, like Carolinafan85 said, everything looks good the way they are.

Speaking of jersey's...Does anyone have any idea where I can get my hands on a Scott Walker jersey?? Going to Guelph Canada next month to see some OHL hockey and wanna wear it. Hit me up...thnaks.

I hate the piping too. I like the old sweaters. As long as they don't come out orange and blue to match the PNC logo I guess I'll get with the program.:shifty:

For me the piping is 50/50.. I think the red piping on the white road jerseys is awful, but the white piping on the red home jersey is OK.. why that is I can't tell you. Maybe the white accent on the color is more visually appealing than the other way around.

I don't like the black jerseys at all and I never have. I do however love the Checkers alternate logo of the bear with the hurricanes flag in his mouth. That's the only black jersey I would buy.

I'm figuring they won't mess with the main logos, but you never know. I was flipping through some hockey cards from 1994 and there was some bizarre logo's you don't see anymore like the Islanders "Gorton Fisherman" and whatever that Vancouver Canucks logo is that looks like neon signs. Everybody changes every once in a while.

Have I missed something? Is there a possibility we could move?

No. I don't think so. Quebec and Seattle are always mentioned as expansion or relocation spots for the NHL. Some of our hockey friends up north think hockey doesn't belong in the south. It is kind of a running joke...nothing more.

1358689145[/url]' post='372082']

No. I don't think so. Quebec and Seattle are always mentioned as expansion or relocation spots for the NHL. Some of our hockey friends up north think hockey doesn't belong in the south. It is kind of a running joke...nothing more.

Thank god, I panicked there! If the Hurricanes ever changed name and moved I don't know what I would do.

Thank god, I panicked there! If the Hurricanes ever changed name and moved I don't know what I would do.

'

Unless of course the NHL decided to expand across the big pond to London, right?

Edited by IdreamofStanley

Like most have said, I hope they don't mess with either logo, they're solid. And, if the third jerseys aren't changing (which has both logos), they seem safe. I'm open to a reworked mix of red and white on the home and aways as long as a traditional look is maintained.