The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Greg-N-Ral

Chantel McCabe

Chantel was horrible. No way around it. But what was worse? How about Tripp Tracy hitting on her right off the bat? My girlfriend, who is not familiar with hockey/the canes/Trip Tracy on any level, was repulsed when Trip blatantly sexually harassed Chantel on air. I know Trip has been around forever, and we seem to put up with his cheesy antics, but this was way overboard. It is hard to introduce someone to the game and MY team when first thing she hears is Tripp Tracy making a pass at the new girl on air. I was mildly embarrassed that this team that I have supported since day one, employs such an unprofessional person. Needless to say, I don't think my girlfriend will be watching anymore games on TV. Hopefully I can get her hooked by taking her to a few games...

Canes let in 4 in the first 20 minutes of the season and you guys are all lathered up over what the new sideline gal did during the first game? I'll agree that it wasn't a stellar start, but I'm a little more concerned with the showing on the ice.

This.

Also: she is prettier than Bob Harwood. I know the because a) I have eyes. And B) my husband and his buddy said so about a dozen times - or rather, every time she came on the screen. ^_^

Chantel = pretty. Saturday night for the broadcast and especially the Hurricanes = not pretty. More worried about the latter than the former. :huh:

This.

Also: she is prettier than Bob Harwood. I know the because a) I have eyes. And B) my husband and his buddy said so about a dozen times - or rather, every time she came on the screen. ^_^

Chantel = pretty. Saturday night for the broadcast and especially the Hurricanes = not pretty. More worried about the latter than the former. :huh:

goodpost.gif

I say give the new girl a break. On the other hand, as for the Canes, they aren't new to the game or the job, it's not their first time, they stunk Sat night. No excuses imo, they ALL should have been playing/practicing when they could. Here's hoping they got their butts handed to them after that showing and Tues night will be different.

Edited by VaCaniac

I notice that she is a little bit to slow giving the score reports in the intermission break. She'll say the teams names but sometimes with a pause and will for get to say the score. Hopefully she wont need that notebook anymore for her notes. But I think Bob Harwood did a better job than she did.

Canes let in 4 in the first 20 minutes of the season and you guys are all lathered up over what the new sideline gal did during the first game? I'll agree that it wasn't a stellar start, but I'm a little more concerned with the showing on the ice.

VERY WELL SAID SUPER_DAVE!!!

I really don't care if it is someone dressed like a chicken between periods.

As long as we are playing good hockey and winning most of the time I'm happy!

How about a pig? :grin:

Really don't understand how this is an issue in the least bit. That's akin to calling the pizza place to complain if your delivery is a minute late.

Really don't understand how this is an issue in the least bit. That's akin to calling the pizza place to complain if your delivery is a minute late.

I'm willing to bet a few people here are frequent complainers to their pizza delivery place too.

i am. my pizza place knows my number... and i bet they spit in my food as well. luckily im not squeamish.

chantell was really off, but then again superdave nailed it. i will worry about the broadcast crew after i do not have to worry about the team sucking hind egg.

I watched 5 minutes of the first pregame. I haven't heard her voice much since. Maybe I'll try back in a couple of weeks. Her biggest problem right now is she suffers in comparison to Harwood, who was very good.

For those whining about "how would you like to be filmed at your job" - it's her job! Get a clue.

There is room for improvement. But like SD (nice to see Bob again!), much more concerned about how the team is playing right now, particularly the defense (surprise).

At least hockey is back. But now I need a new TV, old 47" died and been using a 32"...can't find the darn puck. :wheelchair:

At least hockey is back. But now I need a new TV, old 47" died and been using a 32"...can't find the darn puck. :wheelchair:

A good place to look for the puck is in the back of the Canes net, unfortunately!

I guess everyone is different. Personally, I have the capability of having an opinion on multiple things.. all at the same time!

It must be magic.

Amen, Caniac-1-1! People are entitled to opinions about multiple things - including broadcast performance AND team performance.

Not sure of her name, but that lady inhouse announcer that works with Ron the Ref is horrible this year.

one good thing about not being able to afford to go to that many Canes games this year is that he isn't on Fox-NC

So Temmu Selanne has a new pronunciation for a last name.

Maybe she was using the French pronunciation...either that or she was thinking about where her next hair appointment is...

Well, off topic, but speaking of Teemu, this story about his bobblehead and the accompanying video is funny. Reminds me of some of those Canes bobbleheads that looked absolutely nothing like who they were supposed to be.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/teemu-selanne-thinks-bobblehead-doll-actually-cam-fowler-213909893--nhl.html

Not sure of her name, but that lady inhouse announcer that works with Ron the Ref is horrible this year.

one good thing about not being able to afford to go to that many Canes games this year is that he isn't on Fox-NC

She seems generally decent, but her voice! This is basically an announcer position. It's not her fault, but squeaky high pitched nasal voices are not best suited for announcing over amped up PA systems unless the goal is torturing terrorists. Does anyone ever consider that? Wouldn't let her sing the National Anthem I bet.

Chantel seems a bit better. Fairly brilliant strategy to set the bar really low, then beat it. I don't know if she writes her own questions, but they are not bad questions.

At the home games this year, they have the live feed on the big sceens atop the media sections( really wish they would extend those screens across the whole upper deck though but a thread for another day..), which is really nice to have and you can see Chantel on friday still nervously clutching her notes with eric staal before going live while in commercials..think she will be fine, but can see still trying to find her footing, IMO