The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Greg-N-Ral

Chantel McCabe

Whatever it is Chantel seemed to like it.

She "Favorites" all of the hate comments about her for some reason. Here's a screenshot of her "favorites".

80A9F338-63F1-4EE4-AEDB-D733A2345255-8456-00000392BFC58CD5_zpsfe9a6b98.jpg

Found this on twitter, let me know how you all feel about it.

Untitled-1_zpse6875b56.jpg

I had to take a screenshot because even non-twitter people need to see this.

That person was not directly insulting her in that statement, but rather the Carolina Hurricanes team name, and Chantel McCabe Liked it and put it in her Favorites...infact the only person to Favorite that statement making fun of our team was a person who is supposed to represent this organization. She can keep enjoying how much she fails by showing the public by favoriting when she gets criticized, but she basically agreed that the Hurricanes are crap...Is there a way to show this screenshot to management? Wow, this is a joke it needs to stop now, it has gone far enough! :mad:

and that's how I took it. She wasn't directly insulted, the team was and it was a lame insult at that but no representative of the Hurricanes should ever favorite that.

I can't see Forslund ever repeating, retweeting, favoriting, liking or mentioning that tweet to someone else. The difference in being a professional and a college grade whatever she is.

She needs to take a hike.

I hadn't seen much of Chantel as I go to all the home games, and do not pay much attention between periods when watching at home but I did the last couple of games and she really is brutal to listen to.

The thing that gets me is she really is not all that much to look at either. I am shocked at all those who talk about her like she is just a pretty face, because in reality she is not even that.

Edited by clark_gillies

and that's how I took it. She wasn't directly insulted, the team was and it was a lame insult at that but no representative of the Hurricanes should ever favorite that.

I can't see Forslund ever repeating, retweeting, favoriting, liking or mentioning that tweet to someone else. The difference in being a professional and a college grade whatever she is.

She needs to take a hike.

WOW, that is just mindboggling! That act alone should get her cute azz canned. I love Forslund but hiring her has got to be his biggest mistake yet.

Edited by IdreamofStanley

I don't mind her at all. I think she is fine... What more should she do? Although I didn't ever see who she replaced...

I would like to think Y'all could find something more productive to *edit* about. Give the girl a break. As far as I can tell there are some who had it out for her before she even started. This is a great example of the poorest aspect of social media. Perhaps Y'all should think for 1 second how hurtful these statements would/are be to her. I am quite sure few of you have ever had to put up with the crap that females in a male dominated world/sport have. This stinks of male chauvinism. I am sure to get flamed for this post but so be it.

I would like to think Y'all could find something more productive to *edit* about. Give the girl a break. As far as I can tell there are some who had it out for her before she even started. This is a great example of the poorest aspect of social media. Perhaps Y'all should think for 1 second how hurtful these statements would/are be to her. I am quite sure few of you have ever had to put up with the crap that females in a male dominated world/sport have. This stinks of male chauvinism. I am sure to get flamed for this post but so be it.

I can't speak for others but for me this has nothing to do with her being a female and has everything to do with her not being any good at her job. Look, I'm sure she's a nice person and maybe with some seasoning at the minor league level she could be good at her job but an NHL broadcast team is not the place for on the job training.

As for hurtful statements when you take a job that puts you in the public eye that goes with the territory and certainly is not limited to female broadcasters. Heck, half the people on this board can't stand Tripp and are not shy about stating that.

She is an embarrassment to the organ-eye-zation, that's precisely why we *edit* about her.

Edited by TSA

Just a heads up to all......

During the lock out we were able to relax a few of the bad language restrictions since people were being respectful about it. The bad word filter has been enabled again so please watch the language. Remember, using %^& is considered the same as using profanity.

1. LANGUAGE AND INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT

This is a family-oriented site provided and operated by the Carolina Hurricanes and the National Hockey League. You agree not to post profanity, sexual innuendo and anything else similar in text, or as an image within the community. Any post considered to be in violation of these rules will be deleted without warning. Circumventing the filter by starring out words or letters is considered the same as using profanity.

I can't agree. Catherine Tappin(sp?) on NHL tonight is really professional. Also the lady on NHL live weekdays at 5:00pm is excellent.

Chantels gotta go :backpeddling:

Edited by hockeybaby

Last night was a pivot point!

I think she did a good job and it appears to me she is gaining the knowledge needed.

I can now see her potential -- probably what they saw when they interviewed her.

Nice job Chantel. thumbsup.gif

Or maybe she just read the cue cards right that night :bangHead:

She is getting better. If she was doing the play by play, I'd be furious....but they have her on doing segments during intermission. I say, give her a break. But then again, I like Tripp Tracy too, so I must be the odd man out here. What I really enjoy, is that here lately, the only thing most of you have to gripe about is a TV Announcer because the Canes are kicking A. Hang in there Chantel, these boards are brutal.

Bottom line with Chantel McCabe.

You mispronounced a name. I can't think of anything more important for a hockey reporter / announcer than to get names right. It boggles my mind that her and Brian Hoyle still have jobs with the amount of names consistently butchered.

Last night Katherine Tappan on the NHL network said that Eric Karlsson would have been a candidate for the Vezina again this season. Isn't she considered one of the elite women broadcasters on the NHL network?

I myself think she is getting more comfortable/better with her job/interviews! Come on people give her sometime to get used to her new job! Going from wherever she was before,to the Canes in the NHL, I doubt she had to interview professionals day to day! Not sure how anyone else in her position would be able to handle what she has to do!

Last night Katherine Tappan on the NHL network said that Eric Karlsson would have been a candidate for the Vezina again this season. Isn't she considered one of the elite women broadcasters on the NHL network?

Yes, I'm a big fan of Kathryn, surprised she said that though as her general knowledge of the game and players is solid.

She is outstanding IMO on NHL Network. She is eons ahead of where Chantel will ever be.