The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
coastal_caniac

The Tripp Tracy Sayinz' Thread

I can't quote it but heres the gist.

Tripp: "Call me crazy but if we score another goal here this might be a game again"

John: "Ok Crazy"

Tripp at 5-1 I think maybe 4-1

What's everyone think of Tripp anyway? At first I couldn't stand him, so many of his comments were inappropriate but he's gotten better over the years. That said, I think he breaks down plays very well for the TV audience. I wonder what the players think of him. Anybody know?

Speaking for Coastal, who can correct me if wrong, I think that the idea of this thread is intended to be lighthearted and fun, and frankly funny, and not a forum for more (boring) critique of Tripp.

Like him or not, his charm to some is that he has a tendency to say some goofy things. And don't get me wrong. I firmly believe that Tripp is smart and very very well informed on hockey issues. We all love John and his insights, but he draws a lot of hockey smarts from Tripp.

But still, Tripp, smart as he is, can get a little funny (perhaps unintentionally at times).

I think this is kind of a "famous quotes" thread. Not meant to be demeaning but to revell in his less filtered goofier side (that again, is some of his charm to those that like him).

Certainly people can start another thread (about the 80th one) on if we like Tripp or not.

Edited by remkin

Tripp, talking about the Molson Miracle said something like, "Theodore was playing just like he is tonight until the Hurricanes broke his back...."

Long pause, maybe a break, then awkwardly Tripp adds:

"Just want to clarify, the Hurricanes didn't literally break Theodore's back. They just finally scored a goal to get going...."

LOL gotta love Trip Tracey occurred moments. Still a great guy though. My friend and I was watching that game when he said that ("Nowhere to go but up! Carolina blue skies ahead.") He laughed at him because he made that comment so did I. I was like "What" lol. I wonder when John Forslund will say something sarcastic back at him like he does when he says stuff like that?

Speaking for Coastal, who can correct me if wrong, I think that the idea of this thread is intended to be lighthearted and fun, and frankly funny, and not a forum for more (boring) critique of Tripp.

Like him or not, his charm to some is that he has a tendency to say some goofy things. And don't get me wrong. I firmly believe that Tripp is smart and very very well informed on hockey issues. We all love John and his insights, but he draws a lot of hockey smarts from Tripp.

But still, Tripp, smart as he is, can get a little funny (perhaps unintentionally at times).

I think this is kind of a "famous quotes" thread. Not meant to be demeaning but to revell in his less filtered goofier side (that again, is some of his charm to those that like him).

Certainly people can start another thread (about the 80th one) on if we like Tripp or not.

Thanks Rem, and hopefully people will get it. But it is the internet. :(

Yeah he really had me laughing so hard the other day when he said " Cam gives the Canes the best chance to get a win"... Man that made me laugh my donkey off!!!lol-lol-lol-lol

I totally get this thread. I heard Tripp say the thing about scoring and it could be a hockey game the other night. My favorite lines of his are always about him getting texts from parents and other people during the game. Poor John always has to bring the conversation back to hockey. Tripp goes off on stories about what he had for dinner and with whom. He is knowledgeable about the game and makes us laugh no matter the score. I say keep this thread going throughout the year and see who can catch the best thing he says this year.

If my wife hears Tripp say anything with "swivel" in it... "You have to keep your head on a swivel." or "The guys are keeping their head on a swivel tonight." or similar, again, she's going to throw a shoe through the television. :coverears:

:ohyeah:

Edited by iguanadon

I like it when John very subtly echoes a Tripp comment and works it into his play by play. One of his favorites is to use the "swivel" comment. The way he does it is so so crafty. If they showed his face, I'm pretty sure we'd see him give a wink.

I remember last year that one of the games Trip said "There is a (I hate Trip Tracey Blog) and John says "Don't worry about them." I tried to find it but couldn't find anything. Maybe he meant post like this cause he reads them. But anyways at least he isn't as bad as Pierre Mcguire. He's worse than Trip.

Tripp says *hey hey what do you say in russian* Thats as close as i can get to saying Hey hey what do you say in Russian.

*silence*

John: Now that's research

Did Tripp just say in the 1st period that NJ was a suburb of Philly? I swear thats what I heard when he was talking about Bobby Sanguinetti's family.

Did Tripp just say in the 1st period that NJ was a suburb of Philly? I swear thats what I heard when he was talking about Bobby Sanguinetti's family.

I heard it. I did a discount double check.

I was just surprised earlier tonight when he was trying to describe Ellis' style and fumbled around with the word "economical" but could never get it out. I think he got as close as "econable".

Southern NJ is what, 15-20 miles from Philly. Doesn't that qualify as a "suburb"?