The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
coastal_caniac

The Tripp Tracy Sayinz' Thread

Then north NJ and western Conn are suburbs of NYC?

Guess it's semantics. My daughter and her husband live across the river from Manhattan in NJ and consider themselves to be a suburb of The City. CT is within commuting distance (by tri-state standards) but you're right they probably don't consider it the NYC suburbs.

I'm from Nj. Northern Jersey is pretty much a suburb of NYC. Southern Jersey is pretty much a suburb of Philly. Central Jersey swings both ways.

• Like 1

Just once it would be nice for someone to keep a thread on topic. I really don't know who that job falls to around here, but it would be nice.

For example, I started the thread for funny quotes, not to get ridiculously side-tracked in a debate about whether NJ is a suburb of Philly.

Oh, forget it.

I'm from Nj. Northern Jersey is pretty much a suburb of NYC. Southern Jersey is pretty much a suburb of Philly. Central Jersey swings both ways.

I've heard rumors about that, I guess that doubles their chances for a fun Saturday night !

Edited by winger52

OK the other day Tripp said something like:

'With color analysts sometimes less is more."

Then John replied with something like:

"Stew on that".

How about that statement he made the other nite about how Southern Hockey fans are finally starting to understand what is going on in a Hockey game! Does he not think there were any Hockey Fans here before the Whalers/Canes moved here? I wouldn't care if they got rid of John and Tripp!

I'll give you that his statement was rather condescending, but it's true most southern fans didn't know anything about the game.

I remember in Greensboro the different antics they used to try to teach the game and sitting next to an a-hole Devils fan make fun of it.

How about that statement he made the other nite about how Southern Hockey fans are finally starting to understand what is going on in a Hockey game! Does he not think there were any Hockey Fans here before the Whalers/Canes moved here? I wouldn't care if they got rid of John and Tripp!

Hell no on John...no qualms about dumping Tripp.

Did Tripp just say in the 1st period that NJ was a suburb of Philly? I swear thats what I heard when he was talking about Bobby Sanguinetti's family.

He was referring to the fact that Sangs is from Trenton, NJ which is in fact pretty much considered a suburb of Philadelphia. Not the nicest suburb to be sure but a suburb nonetheless.

He was referring to the fact that Sangs is from Trenton, NJ which is in fact pretty much considered a suburb of Philadelphia. Not the nicest suburb to be sure but a suburb nonetheless.

Got it now, thanks. I had no idea not being from that part of country so it sound odd to me.

I got really tired of all of the Karlsson love in last night's Sens game, from John and Tripp. I know that they try to be as non-homers as possible, but they are employees of the Canes. If I didn't know any better, they were Sens announcers.

It also rubs me the wrong way how excited John gets when the other team scores.

This is a guess, and only a guess, but most of you probably don't have the Center Ice package. If you did, you would know that John and Tripp are some of the best announcers around after listening to the Sharks guys sound like they're calling a baseball game, etc...

Best line by Tripp ever? When playing Pittsburgh back at the old "Igloo", Tripp asks John, "Have you ever been in a REAL igloo?" In context it was hilarious!

I think most would agree John is one of the best around, Tripp though it's getting kinda obvious even John is at whit's end with him. Some of the jabs this year are kinda getting rough.

I literally turn the volume down to the point I don't have to listen to Trip, like fingernails on a chalk board.  Time for an upgrade. 

2 hours ago, johnhugh said:

I literally turn the volume down to the point I don't have to listen to Trip, like fingernails on a chalk board.  Time for an upgrade. 

REALLY?!?!  You dig up a 6 year dead thread to post this when we’re gearing up for the Playoffs?!?!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

REALLY?!?!  You dig up a 6 year dead thread to post this when we’re gearing up for the Playoffs?!?!

You do have to say it was a well written well thought out first post though.  :) 

Edited by hag65
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, hag65 said:

You do have to say it was a well written well thought out first post though.  :) 

Yep...makes for a good conversation starter