The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
bmb2jn

What athletes/teams/sports do you hate?

Manny Ramirez.

I can stand the Sox. They play here in town for spring training, so you get use to it. But I just cant stand Manny.

I will start off with the teams I hate(top 5)

in the NFL: 1. the team I hate most,probably out of all sports, is the Atlanta Falcons,I dont like there players(Especially Vick),and I dispise the majority of there fans

2. Dallas Cowboys

3. New England Patriots

4. Chicago Bears

5. Washington Redskins

in College(all sports):

1. Duke(or has we Heels pronounce it,Dook)

2. Southern Cal

3. Miami,FL

4. Ohio State

5. Georgia Tech

in MLB:

1.New York Yankees

2. New York Mets

3. Boston Red Sox

4. San Francisco Giants

5. Philadelphia Phillies

in the NHL:

1. Buffalo Sabres,I think my hatred for them was set in after the 06 ECF, there players and there coach did nothing but whine the whole series,its normal for fans to do it, but classless when its the team doing it,I think even recall miller trying to blame the ice for our victory,and they acted the same exact way during this years playoffs, wich is why I took so much delight in seeing them lose again

2.Detroit Redwings

3.New Jersey Devils

4.Edmenton Oilers

5.Atlanta Thrashers

now for the sports I hate:

1. Basketball,to me its boring and stupid, and I hate how ESPN acts like there is something special about a dunk, they even put some at the top of there top 10 play lists, I mean come on,its a player taking a ball and putting it in a basket, wow, that is 2 points out of 110,does it really mean that much ?. and the slightest contact draws a foul,I mean if you try to knock the ball out and hit the players arm,its a foul, all you can do to stop someone from scoring is wave youre arms around in front of them, I like sports like Football and Hockey,where you can knock youre opponents head off,not this stupid Basketball(very big exeption goes to college basketball, I root for the Heels in Basketball every year,and generally think that college basketball is 100 times better than the NBA)

2. Soccer, kicking a ball around with youre feet, not very exciting

3. Poker, how in the hell did poker get on TV, if youre not playing it, it is boring to watch

4. Golf , again, boring to watch,mildy fun to play

5. Tennis, I will watch tennis if Anna Kornikova :) is playing, but other than that I dont care

In no particular order:

• WVU
  • NASCAR
  • NBA
  • Baseball
  • Buffalo Sabres
  • The Vick brothers -- what fine, upstanding young men they are. :rolleyes:
  • "Pacman" Jones -- ditto; and a WVU guy to boot! (Son, you need to learn that strip clubs and guns just don't mix!)
  • Brett Favre -- I just do.
  • NJ Devils

In no particular order:
  • WVU
  • NASCAR
  • NBA
  • Baseball
  • Buffalo Sabres
  • "Pacman" Jones -- ditto; and a WVU guy to boot! (Son, you need to learn that strip clubs and guns just don't mix!)
  • NJ Devils

*smacks forehead* I need to amend my list -- I can't believe I forgot these!

• Mike Tyson -- Just a sorry excuse for a huge steaming pile of poo. Same goes for the parasites who bottomfeed with him.
  • Eli Manning -- Son, be thankful you've had the skills and opportunity to be drafted AT ALL and go where they freakin' tell you to go. Play with a cheerful heart and you and your family STFU.
  • Eric Lindros -- Same reason.

In no particular order:
  • WVU
  • NASCAR
  • NBA
  • Baseball
  • Buffalo Sabres
  • NJ Devils

• Mike Tyson -- Just a sorry excuse for a huge steaming pile of poo. Same goes for the parasites who bottomfeed with him.
  • Eli Manning -- Son, be thankful you've had the skills and opportunity to be drafted AT ALL and go where they freakin' tell you to go. Play with a cheerful heart and you and your family STFU.

Eli Manning is a punk, I think River's name looks good on the powder blu anyway lol

In no particular order:
  • WVU
  • NASCAR
  • NBA
  • Baseball
  • Buffalo Sabres
  • NJ Devils

Eli Manning is a punk, I think River's name looks good on the powder blu anyway lol

How can u hate Brett Farve???????????????? He is 1 of the greatest QB's ever!!

I think since he's speaking of retirement one minute and playing through the entire next season and repeating that routine may have somthing to do with it.

I also hear he's not quite the upstanding husband he's been awarded for being.

I'm also irritated by the R being pronounced before the V, even though the V comes before the R. :lol:

I think since he's speaking of retirement one minute and playing through the entire next season and repeating that routine may have somthing to do with it.

I'm also irritated by the R being pronounced before the V, even though the V comes before the R. :lol:

im confused. who r yall talking about?

:blink: :blink: ....you ain't right Kerri

im confused. who r yall talking about?

Brett Favre..V before the E is somewhat irritating. And in the past he has said he would retire...only to come back and play another season and repeat the process.

Am I the only person on this board who actually APPRECIATES some facets of the NBA and basketball? :blink: Geez, these people are just like every other professional athelete - they get paid to do what they love. Sure there are overpaid jerks, but that's what happens in leagues that are popular, not just the NBA. And there are even more people in the league that are hard-working, fun to watch, and best of all, DECENT PEOPLE. As a Bobcats fan, I myself like to use Raymond Felton, Gerald Wallace, and Emeka Okafor as prime examples. And that's just a small fraction, mind you - the bottom line is, every reason I've seen used by people who hate the NBA can easily be applied to the many other leagues they love:

1. "They're overpaid" - what major league athelete isn't?

2. "They're goons" - and hockey DOESN'T have a significant amount of goons themselves?

3. "They call too many fouls" - and hockey refs don't call too many penalties at times? It's something all fans hate about sports (particularly when the fouls/penalties are against their own team), but we all put up with it!

4. "College is better" - yes, it is a different game. Sure, you can prefer the distinct style of the college game, that's fine. Yes, you can even admire the fact that they aren't being paid. YET. But regardless, is this a good enough reason to HATE the league that these very college players you enjoy are aspiring to join?

Sure the NBA has it's flaws (as all leagues do), but I guess what I'm saying is this: I can't understand the sheer HATRED towards it! I too wish that the NHL got the kind of attention that the NBA got, believe me. I enjoy watching hockey more than basketball overall, and therefore, enjoy the NHL more than the NBA overall. But I don't get jealous for the NHL to the point of despising the NBA, I just suck it up and hope for a better future for hockey. I'm just happy our particular area (N.C.) even has an NBA team AND an NHL team I can see, pull for, and be proud of!

So can't we all just.....get along (with the NBA)? :P

So can't we all just.....get along (with the NBA)? :P

Nope.

1. I don't particularly care for basketball at all, so I'm not choosing college over NBA.

2. It's not that they're goons, it's that far too many are thugs, live the thug lifestyle and more than a couple probably couldn't spell their own name if you spotted them half the letters. I'm always stunned that guys like Ovechkin speak better English than half the NBA, almost all of whom GREW UP IN AMERICA. I'm just not going to support people I can't halfway respect. I don't see movies with Tom Cruise in them and I'm not going to watch the NBA.

Dr. Phil, I like Pro Basketball, but not as much as I used to.

I have never understood people that stop cheering for a basketball player once he turns 22 (or leaves college). Dean Smith said that an athlete peaks at age 28, which means people stop cheering before he is even close to his very best. strange.

Of course, people think I'm strange for liking hockey, sso what do I know?

Basketball also has that problem of its way to easy to score, making each point less memorable/interesting. But it always seems to be close at the end, I guess because the way the game is played it's just a coin flip who wins. Some people like that kind of suspense, but I prefer the kind of, say, " ovechkin on a break, what move is he gonna use, is he gonna score?....YES WHAT A GOOOOOOOAL!!! So who cares.

Basketball also has that problem of its way to easy to score, making each point less memorable/interesting. But it always seems to be close at the end, I guess because the way the game is played it's just a coin flip who wins. Some people like that kind of suspense, but I prefer the kind of, say, " ovechkin on a break, what move is he gonna use, is he gonna score?....YES WHAT A GOOOOOOOAL!!! So who cares.

Well, my post was mainly directed towards the hatred of the NBA, not so much basketball itself. If you don't like basketball the GAME itself, then obviously that's fine.

And I agree - there's much more significance given to a score in games like hockey, football, and soccer than in basketball, and that adds a special thrill, no doubt. And yet, many others feel that there's too many "dead spots" in non-basketball games, due in part to the infrequent scoring. (I'm not one of those people, I'm just voicing what they say) So it really all depends on who you talk to.

I just like both, so I'm covered. ;)

I'm not a fan of golf or basketball. I think NASCAR is the most ridiculous "sport."

Why is everyone hating on soccer? What is this? :( soccer is like THE best sport after hockey, guys!