The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
TSA

Canada Introduces New Glow-in-dark Quarter

I'll be in Ontario in a couple of weeks. I've got to pick up of those up and get the skinny on that. :D

Edit: on second thought, for $30 bucks Canadian maybe not.

Edited by coastal_caniac

Canada is always decades behind us in 'stuff that's cool.' In the 1980s, glow-in-the-dark stuff was all the rave, and Jurassic Park is a major hit up there, now... so, I think the timing is about right. Eh?

Edited by jb_online

Every time I come back from Canada I have a whole pocket of toonies and loonies. I hope the US never makes a one or two-dollar coin.

And they won't go through the coin changer at the Food Lion. :blush:

Every time I come back from Canada I have a whole pocket of toonies and loonies. I hope the US never makes a one or two-dollar coin.

And they won't go through the coin changer at the Food Lion. :blush:

We have a few one dollar coins,

United_States_one_dollar_coin,_reverse.jpg

US2520one2520dollar2520coin.jpg

US_Anthony_dollar_coin_reverse.jpg

We do, but they aren't widely circulated and used in everyday transactions like in Canada.

Nic pics!

The vending machines at work actually take dollar coins, so I usually keep a handful of 'em in my desk for that. It is SO much better putting a buck coin in the machine than trying to get it to take the beat up dollar bills I seem to always end up with.

The vending machines at work actually take dollar coins, so I usually keep a handful of 'em in my desk for that. It is SO much better putting a buck coin in the machine than trying to get it to take the beat up dollar bills I seem to always end up with.

My wife makes the same argument.

I've spent more time in prairie and arctic Canada than in the populated east but it is nice to go get a good country breakfast and pay for it with a few coins. Feels like you are getting a bargain.

Edited by coastal_caniac

The new Canuck bills look awesome!

Wish we'd print stuff like that instead of this blah crap we've been putting out for the past 50+ years!

I was listening to NPR on Friday and it sounds like the US is in the process of changing our bills. Evidently the hologram technology is becoming too easy to copy. We are looking at the Swiss franc as the "gold standard" with bill technology.