The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
dinz

Alex Semin: Extended for 5 years/CONFIRMED

semin seems to be happy here. he smiles a ton, seems genuinely friendly with his teammates. he works his tail off and has a smile at the end. that says something of his work ethic as well. the man is deadly quick with that release, and he is feeding eric staal points like they were animal crackers. he play defense as well. whats not to love.

if we do not sign him long term, i think i will have jr committed to dorthea dix :wheelchair: .

Did JR pull another rabbit out of hat?

I don't give him credit for magic this time because this move was obvious. Only the media saw otherwise. Anyone with half a hockey brain could see how great a player he is.

He is by far the best player on the ice for us, and we should feel lucky that the willing accomplices in the media gave us the chance to sign him.

JR absolutely does get credit for making the obvious move though. A great move. It doesn't have to be magic. Sometimes it just is what it appears to be.

I don't give him credit for magic this time because this move was obvious. Only the media saw otherwise. Anyone with half a hockey brain could see how great a player he is.

It wasn't so obvious to the rest of the league. JR did his homework, took the risk, and got it done. He doesn't always get it right but he did on this one.

The mans a +10, it usually takes our guys the entire season to have a single guy get to double digits in +/-

Edited by legend-1

I love him more every game, anyone notice the other night when he made an ugly turnover behind our net, but than did everything he could to make it right and worked his tail off and stole the puck back? I was blown away at his determination to fix his mistake and he did it. Awesome Alex.

Caption this?

72901_10151347269259773_203670478_n.jpg

"To my friend the Goalie. If you want to find this, simply look behind you."

Edited by remkin

A nice article about Semin, he's getting a lot of positive attention now:

Alex Semin: Blossoming Two Way Player - Bleacher Report

Are the Bleacher Report blogs written by fans? If so, this guy did a great job covering and countering all the detractor's best ammo. Maybe the main stream media should take note, its becoming more and more annoying when reporters and broadcaters all seem to waiting for the guy slip up just once so they pounce and say they told everyone so.

While I can't imagine that Semin can stay on the pace he's on all season, I don't see him falling off enough for his detractors to start gloating.

Are the Bleacher Report blogs written by fans? If so, this guy did a great job covering and countering all the detractor's best ammo. Maybe the main stream media should take note, its becoming more and more annoying when reporters and broadcaters all seem to waiting for the guy slip up just once so they pounce and say they told everyone so.

While I can't imagine that Semin can stay on the pace he's on all season, I don't see him falling off enough for his detractors to start gloating.

The Bleacher Report is done by professional sports reporters. They replaced Sports Illustrated for CNN's sports coverage starting Feb 1. Thought BR's Jones did a good job on the Semin article ...

The Bleacher Report is done by professional sports reporters. They replaced Sports Illustrated for CNN's sports coverage starting Feb 1. Thought BR's Jones did a good job on the Semin article ...

Thanks, I didn't know that. I was thinking if it that was a fan's blog, someone should hire him....quickly.

11 posts.... thats gotta ding the ole mental health.

He doesn't look any worse for the wear. Can you imagine the media if all those posts had gone in? I'm looking at you TSN :mad:

72901_10151347269259773_203670478_n.jpg

"Alex, do you have any words for Rick DiPietro?" Reporter asks. Alex Semin steps up to microphone, looks into camera and replies.

"I will break you..."

I do agree with all of the posts. PK, sign the guy. Is is a pleasure watching Alexander Semin playing hockey. It's is obvious that he is a near perfect fit on this team. He does seem to be happy, he is always smiling and seems very engaged with his team mates. The simple fact is, with his talent and with the way that he is playing this year he can play for any team in the NHL except that I really doubt he would go back to the Caps. If he wants to stay a Hurricane, I'm sure that a deal will be worked out. If he wants to go after the money in the open market. He has that. Some one said earlier that if he signs that they will buy a Semin jersey. I have never owned any player name gear but if he does sign, I will get a Semin #28 jersey too.

I check out Bleacher Report regularly. It's interesting but I always keep it in perspective that it's basically a fan blog. There have been several lists of "free agent disappointments" that Semin has been on simply because he hasn't scored a bushel basket of goals. Those folks see the box scores and don't watch the games. The guy has been a force on the ice.

Just looked at Parise's stats, 10 points, -1. Semin 10 points, +11. Why isn't anyone saying that Parise is a free agent disappointment! As a long time Semin fan, I watch his games and see him play and I don't listen to the haters. I see a great player who is a strong 2-way player and play maker. Very strong on the puck. People should watch him play sometime!

There is no dispute that Semin is the winger we've known E. Staal has needed for years now. Any doubters need to look at Eric's stats over the past 2-3 seasons and compare those to his stats this year. Semin and Staal are a match made in Hockey Heaven. And when Semin's shots start hitting the back of the net instead of the posts... look out.

Minnesota may have made the big splash in the summer. The Hurricanes got the perfect fit for this team and their first line. And I love watching Semin now that he is with the Hurricanes - I feared watching him versus the Hurricanes.

Minnesota may have made the big splash in the summer. The Hurricanes got the perfect fit for this team and their first line. And I love watching Semin now that he is with the Hurricanes - I feared watching him versus the Hurricanes.

Currently MN is 10th in their conference with a -5 goal differential.....just saying.

Semin and E. Staal seem to be developing quite a chemistry. Just wish he had three other lines with such a fit. I would love to see the Canes give opposing teams 60 minutes of hell.