The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Ref107

Why videos shouldn't be trusted...

:blink: Wow. I've never seen an officer that commited to fighting skateboarding crime. I would hate to steal something around them! Imagine what they do to bank robbers in Hot Springs!

Fox news can't be trusted.

In this case you can since the story is from the Associated Press. I've found they're not any more factually inacurate than CNN or others, but their opinion pieces, anchors and reporters can interpret things differently time to time. I'd rather just have the facts and interpret them for myself, which unfortunatly no one really does well because its hard to be unbiased.

My son when he was 13 years old (he is 15 now) took up with some skate boarders and oh my gosh how he changed for the worse, his grades dropped dramatically, he was rude and thought no one could rule him and his friends. I am a single mother and he does not have much contact with his father. I realize a teenager will change and become aggravating and have some of the same traits, but this was pretty bad fast. In our small town some of his friends were skate boarding down the middle of the highway making people go around them and daring them to not to hit them, this is their mentality. The law came and made them leave and they just came back later in the day, they don't learn. Most of these kids think they are above the law, and one reason is they have parents who take up for them and their bad habits because that's their child you are messing with. I applaud the police officer and what he did, I hope this incident with the police officer in this video will hopefully leave an impact on these kids that they have to abide by the law. With my son I knew I had to do something fast and nip this in the bud before I lost my son for good, so I removed him from this public school with these kids (he finished 7th grade with all D's and F's in every subject except PE and Art, the EOG scores is the only reason they passed him). I put him in a small private school (thank God they did not have any of these kids too), made some financial sacrifices and made him stop having any contact with this kids. He ranted and raved and screamed, but he soon learned I was the boss of him and held my ground (it was one of the hardest things I ever had to do, it would have been easier to give in to him). He changed back to my son quickly and wonderfully, he graduated 8th grade on the President's List, won the Math and Science Awards for his grade. On the night of his graduation he thanked me and told me "mom I'm proud of you as my mom that you made me come to this school even though I told you I would run away and hate you forever, thank you for being my mom". He now loves hockey, going to the seeing the canes with his family and is a Junior Fireman (around such good boys now) and loves his family again. Although he still has a teenager attitude with some back talking, lazy, but that's ok because he's my son again. Sorry if I got wordy or off topic, this video just hit home with me and I just wanted to share, thanks for listening.

Thank God that cop was cleared. I saw the video a couple weeks ago and I said from the beginning:

Running = Resisting arrest = Bad idea

Surrounding a cop with skateboards (potential weapons) = REALLY Bad idea.

Cop = 100% within his rights.

http://www.thehundreds.com/wordpress/?p=1874

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287835,00.html

Watch the first link and then read the second link.

Things aren't always what they appear to be. News reports in Toronto stated that several of the teens swarmed the officer, one of them even jumping on his back prior to the video starting. What are your thoughts?

My son when he was 13 years old (he is 15 now) took up with some skate boarders and oh my gosh how he changed for the worse, his grades dropped dramatically, he was rude and thought no one could rule him and his friends. I am a single mother and he does not have much contact with his father. I realize a teenager will change and become aggravating and have some of the same traits, but this was pretty bad fast. In our small town some of his friends were skate boarding down the middle of the highway making people go around them and daring them to not to hit them, this is their mentality. The law came and made them leave and they just came back later in the day, they don't learn. Most of these kids think they are above the law, and one reason is they have parents who take up for them and their bad habits because that's their child you are messing with. I applaud the police officer and what he did, I hope this incident with the police officer in this video will hopefully leave an impact on these kids that they have to abide by the law. With my son I knew I had to do something fast and nip this in the bud before I lost my son for good, so I removed him from this public school with these kids (he finished 7th grade with all D's and F's in every subject except PE and Art, the EOG scores is the only reason they passed him). I put him in a small private school (thank God they did not have any of these kids too), made some financial sacrifices and made him stop having any contact with this kids. He ranted and raved and screamed, but he soon learned I was the boss of him and held my ground (it was one of the hardest things I ever had to do, it would have been easier to give in to him). He changed back to my son quickly and wonderfully, he graduated 8th grade on the President's List, won the Math and Science Awards for his grade. On the night of his graduation he thanked me and told me "mom I'm proud of you as my mom that you made me come to this school even though I told you I would run away and hate you forever, thank you for being my mom". He now loves hockey, going to the seeing the canes with his family and is a Junior Fireman (around such good boys now) and loves his family again. Although he still has a teenager attitude with some back talking, lazy, but that's ok because he's my son again. Sorry if I got wordy or off topic, this video just hit home with me and I just wanted to share, thanks for listening.

Nicely said. I'm glad you got through to your son. :)

Fox news can't be trusted.

In this case you can since the story is from the Associated Press. I've found they're not any more factually inacurate than CNN or others, but their opinion pieces, anchors and reporters can interpret things differently time to time. I'd rather just have the facts and interpret them for myself, which unfortunatly no one really does well because its hard to be unbiased.

ah true AP can be trusted but fox news just makes me mad "we report you decide" bullcrap. There is a bias in all the stations but I feel that fox news has a stronger bias more than the others.

Erwin Mom..Good for you. Most moms would have sat back and ignored their kids and let them do what they wanted. I wish more moms would take action like you did. You see all the time the kids grow up, get locked up for whatever and sit in prison for years because no one made them listen or abide by any laws or rules. It's to late then. Glad you got your son back!

First of all theres skate parks for a reason, but none the less.

I dont really appluad this at all. Yes the kid ran and if he got tackled then sucks to be him hes a idiot for running.

Judging by the fact that cop #2 didnt act like his life was in danger tells me cop #1 was out of line.

Headlocking a 14 year old girl whose gotta be less then 100 lbs and then for some reason finding it necessary to headlock another kid.... whose also looking thinner then a stick. I mean he made Batman look like he cant hold his own.

I find it interesting cop #2 didnt seem very distressed or jump in on the tackling and headlocking and sprinting. Maybe cause it was abusive, my opinion of course.

Was it choking, did he try to kill them? No.... does he have a shot in the WWE, possibly?