The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
car3hur

Wolfpack football

That game should be in the afternoon, unless its picked up by ESPNU or another station that shows non-marquee night games. And parking is atrocious around Carter-Finely on gameday. Good luck with the reception.

Planning a wedding reception at the RBC Center on 11/10, but NC State plays a football game that day. Traditionally, are these games vs. in-state teams (this game is vs. UNC) generally in the afternoon?

And does parking for home games take up all of the parking at the RBC Center??

Thanks!

to answer your question, YES or at least most of it.

If Jefferson-Pilot shows the game it most likely will have a noon start. If it is an ABC regional game it will most likely have a 3:30 start. If ESPNU picks up the game, who know what the start time will be. I don't think the game has national interest so it probably won't be a night game. The game IS State vs Carolina so it will be a zoo that day anywhere near the Stadium/RBC complex. My question would be the interest in having a special event such as this at a sports arena. Also, how are you going to avoid having your guests pay to park their cars?

I may not be the brightest bulb in the shed but my choices for a reception would either be at South of the Border or Westminster Abbey (after all, I am an Anglican).

... Also, how are you going to avoid having your guests pay to park their cars? ...

If it is before or durring the game, unless the RBC center gives them passes they can't get close to the building anyway. As far as I could tell last year, there is no pay parking anywhere close to the stadium, it is all presold permits. I got there three hours before the game and had to park out on Blue Ridge by the water tower.