The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
legend-1

New Board Look and Changes 2/26

Hopefully with whatever has been done the backend of this forum system is tweaked for better efficiency.

But what are ya'll thinking of the new main page? I think it's a smidge cluttered and not sure why our avatars are showing on it. I think without the avatars the main page would look alot better.

Wish we had control of that :(

Some of the features are pretty good but overall I was very happy with the older version.  We've already found some problems that will need adjusting, if you guys find anything not working as it should post it here.

As of right now:

• Not everyone's avatars made the server switch
  • external links work but aren't red, bold or underlined
  • Pages are loading very slowly
  • Chat room not accessible  :(

I've lost my personal conversations with board friends :\

I'm guessing that they gave you guys 0 notice this was happening?

Makes me wonder who works for this board software company, the main page is just cluttered. They refuse to acknowledge the first post of the page not working. Unbecoming of a major sports league.

Ya'll don't control that but venting is nice :D

Edited by legend-1

I've lost all of mine too and yes, 0 notice about upgrading the software version with the server changes. 

Classy :)

However after adding a few posts I do like a few things. If you post too fast you get a simple pop up and don't lost your message. Also it appears their is an autosave feature as you type which is cool but not sure how it works when I do indeed lose a message.

Good with the bad I reckon

I may be wrong but this may be a fix to the missing post problem....we'll see.  The back end has some nice features too, it might just take a little time before we get everything working the way we want it to.

So, am I understanding this correctly that the profile editor likes an avatar that's 200X200?

I think that maybe the max size, mine is 150x150 atm.

I do like that when I am posting I can see the post almost instantly and it doesn't take a year to post. Maybe our double posting issue resolved itself as well. Yeah zero notice. fun times.

I think that maybe the max size, mine is 150x150 atm.

I do like that when I am posting I can see the post almost instantly and it doesn't take a year to post. Maybe our double posting issue resolved itself as well. Yeah zero notice. fun times.

Its was set to 150x150 like ichigo said but I can't find the settings to confirm :hide:  I think it can take up 200x200 if we adjusted the setting but since I cant even find it, we'll stick with 150x150.

Just a heads up but it appears the chat is broke.

I just wanted to pop in and check out if there was new options and got a webpage unavailable error.

We have it on the list, hopefully someone will be able to take a look at it before the game tonight.

We have it on the list, hopefully someone will be able to take a look at it before the game tonight.

Could we set up a temporary chat page if it is unavailable?

Wow...the new system really is crappy compared to the old one.  Broken links...missing posts.  Glad they forewarned you TSA...hee hee.

Now that we've gone through all the changes from Invision, things are hopefully running fairly smoothly now. 

We know that any new post or topic that was made between late night on the 26th and around 3pm yesterday (after the server change) did not make the transfer so if you can't find your post or topic (sorry sipower :( ) that's why., and It appears that all PM conversations have been wiped out too.

If you find any bugs or issues that need looking at, please post it in this thread. We'll keep a running list and make updates on the fixes as needed.  It doesn't look like too much needs to be looked at so hopefully the list will be short.

As of right now:

• Not everyone's avatars made the server switch  you should be able to just add an avatar back in if you lost yours
  • external links work but aren't red, bold or underlined you'll have color (red) and underline your links for now until this gets fixed
  • Pages are loading very slowly this should get better once all the changes are complete
  • Chat room not accessible  :( fixed!
  • calendar preview isn't showing up at the bottom of main page

Things looked really wonky when I looked at the forums today, couldn't sign in, top banner was down, colors were all messed up. Went down to the bottom of the page and changed theme (even though it didn't list any other themes) corrected the problem, not sure what that was all about? Do we have a mobile version yet?

Things looked really wonky when I looked at the forums today, couldn't sign in, top banner was down, colors were all messed up. Went down to the bottom of the page and changed theme (even though it didn't list any other themes) corrected the problem, not sure what that was all about? Do we have a mobile version yet?

This hit hard after my 24 log in lapsed.

I'm using firefox.  I logged in yesterday on the old board.  Then, this morning, got the new board, logged-in.  Looked fine, if not a bit of a shock.

Came back at lunch and my log-in lapsed.  The board was wonky, almost like a mobile theme.  There was a "login" at the top left, but it didn't work.  Perhaps it is a pop up which I have blocked?  If so, pop ups are bad for log in!

Anyway, remembering the other fiascos, I looked to change theme.  Unlike ich, I could not change the theme.  No link.  So, I went over to internet explorer and signed in there.  I think it is cookie based.  I never use IE, so it was clean and allowed me in with the proper theme.

Very strange.

No clue about this one but if it happens again, you can always type Ctrl +f5 to clear the cache and see kif that works.  The mobile skin is enabled so I'll see what's up with that.  This change had to roll through all 30 teams and through several time zones so maybe once the West coast gets taken care of things will settle down.

Still working on chat...

Three things: 1) When responding to someone (on the message board) their quote was not separated from my response

by any shading or anything--it just all ran together. (today on GDT)

2) Please tell me how to set the time thing again.Times for my posts are way off and I don't know which drop down time zone

to click on to get it right.

3) Did we lose the ability to have a picture in my profile---which is different from the one showing my posts ?

Edited by UNCCaniac8

I'd assume chat not being accessible is a permission issue in the ACP, have you checked to make sure all the respected groups (admins, mods, members) have the proper permissions for chat selected in group settings? I know that when I upgraded my own forum from IPB 3.2 to 3.4 some settings for add ons were wiped clean persay, mostly permission settings.

Edit: Ah, it's not a permission issue based on the 500 error upon trying to load the chat. It could be a .htaccess issue, though if that were the case you wouldn't be able to access the chat rules page. Hm.

Edited by Blinding

Three things: 1) When responding to someone (on the message board) their quote was not separated from my response

by any shading or anything--it just all ran together. (today on GDT)

2) Please tell me how to set the time thing again.Times for my posts are way off and I don't know which drop down time zone

to click on to get it right.

3) Did we lose the ability to have a picture in my profile---which is different from the one showing my posts ?

1) will check on that but it wont be till later along with the global setting for the time zone

2) Top right log in box-->choose settings in the drop down menu--> time zone option is the second on that page

3) It looks as if only one photo is used now for both the profile and avatar

I'd assume chat not being accessible is a permission issue in the ACP, have you checked to make sure all the respected groups (admins, mods, members) have the proper permissions for chat selected in group settings? I know that when I upgraded my own forum from IPB 3.2 to 3.4 some settings for add ons were wiped clean persay, mostly permission settings.

Edit: Ah, it's not a permission issue based on the 500 error upon trying to load the chat. It could be a .htaccess issue, though if that were the case you wouldn't be able to access the chat rules page. Hm.

The permissions are set correctly, I think the app needs to be enabled by Invision....soon hopefully :)

The permissions are set correctly, I think the app needs to be enabled by Invision....soon hopefully :)

That's probably it, the upgrade might've given then a new authentication token that they haven't plugged into their system yet.

Is anyone else having problems with spell check? It will work for me when I use Chrome but not with IE or Firefox. I was wondering if it might be a Firefox or IE setting.  Any idea?

Fixed..I had to download a new English Dictionary add-on for Firefox.

I've sent a couple of emails, but since I found a way to finally get on the message boards, I'll post here as well.  Since the redesign, I have been unable to stay logged on.  I can do it once, but once I go to another page, it says that I'm logged out and cannot post.  Even if I try to re-logon, it doesn't work.  However, I've found a way around it for the time being.  I have to open the NHL.com site in a separate tab and sign in on that page.  Then, I open the message boards in a separate tab and I'm good to go.  I hope nobody else is having these issues.