The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
legend-1

New Board Look and Changes 2/26

I've sent a couple of emails, but since I found a way to finally get on the message boards, I'll post here as well.  Since the redesign, I have been unable to stay logged on.  I can do it once, but once I go to another page, it says that I'm logged out and cannot post.  Even if I try to re-logon, it doesn't work.  However, I've found a way around it for the time being.  I have to open the NHL.com site in a separate tab and sign in on that page.  Then, I open the message boards in a separate tab and I'm good to go.  I hope nobody else is having these issues.

Sorry your having trouble with that.  It seems that some accounts like yours are still stuck between the two servers.  Today was really crazy and getting the chat room up and running was the priority of the day.  I'll check into that tomorrow for you.

I dont like that either but if you click the "show all" under the strip of smileys, a bigger box will pop up to the left and list vertically like the old way.  I'm just glad they all made the transition because I think we're up to 144 +/-.

Sorry its taken some time to address some of these items.  I need to submit a complete list of any issues/questions we have regarding the new software today so here's your chance to add anything we may have missed:

As of right now:

• Not everyone's avatars made the server switch  you should be able to just add an avatar back in if you lost yours
  • external links work but aren't red, bold or underlined    fixed
  • Pages are loading very slowly this should get better once all the changes are complete
  • Chat room not accessible  :( fixed!
  • calendar preview isn't showing up at the bottom of main page upcoming calendar events are now at bottom of main page
  • Skin option for mobile to low to click   Fixed
  • some still having log in/staying logged in issues make sure log out of browser and type Ctrl + F5 to clear your cache once logged back in.

We need to know:

1) Are some still having log in issues?  If so, please post what OS and browser you're using here.

2) Are pages still loading slowly for anyone?  If so, please post what OS and browser you're using here.

Hi guys .. getting Chrome Malware warnings all over the new board - when I try to click links to threads....any ideas?

Have you recently updated Chrome? Apparently there was a spoofed chrome update page that caused a lot of malware issues about a month ago, might be causing issues. Is it only on this site I take it?

Edited by Ichigo

Ichigo, do you know the fix for this?  Another member has pm'd about the same problem.

Well I am looking into it, here is what I found so far:

What is the current listing status for fans.hurricanes.nhl.com/community?

What happened when Google visited this site?

This site is not currently listed as suspicious.

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?Of the 24 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 1 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2013-03-04, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2013-03-04.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including ncdivers.com/.

This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS20149 (NHLICE), AS32244 (LIQUID).

Has this site hosted malware?

Over the past 90 days, fans.hurricanes.nhl.com/community did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

additionally if you want to disable chrome's malware while you are visiting this site here is how to do it:

• 1 Click the "wrench" icon on the Google Chrome toolbar.
    • 2 Click "Options."
    • 3 Click the "Under the Hood" tab.
    • 4 Deselect the "Enable phishing and malware protection" checkbox under the Privacy section.
    • 5 Click "Close" when you are finished.

I'll continue to look into it and update if I come up with anything else.
Edited by Ichigo

yeah I am not getting it anymore ... an error on the site security level at google perhaps ...

Just happened again ... here you go on the message ....
Danger: Malware Ahead!
Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on fans.hurricanes.nhl.com.
Content from ncdivers.com, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion.

I'm not sure what this ncdivers.com is that keeps popping up, it maybe a link somewhere in someone's profile maybe? But that is probably the source of the problem, as that has infected over 153 domains includes several hundred exploits and a few trojans. Lets see if I can find it.

Could it be in a link in the GDT?  Thats where everyone who sees it says they got it in.

Malware problem fixed :)

**FYI: be careful where you guys host the images you use for posting.  We suggest photobucket.com or flicker.com as safe sites to use.   They're free, user friendly and safe to use. 

Why is it when you are not logged in the format of the board is different?  And why can't you log in when you go straight to the message board?

Edited by coastal_caniac

If I sign in on the main page I'm signed in on the message board. But if I sign in directly on the message board it takes me back to the main page after I sign in.  It is irritating so I gave up going direct to the message board and now sign in on the main page.

Can you log out so I can check something?  We had this problem with a couple of other accounts but they were fixed at the main server.

Anyone else having this issue?

Question for those having this problem....

How do you log in?

1) By typing your screen name and password in the boxes and clicking the arrow to the right of the boxes?

2) By clicking the words 'sign in' above the boxes and pulling up a sign in page?

I just bookmarked the message board when I am logged in.  I can go there with the familiar skin from this bookmark.  If I logout once I am in, the skin of the page turns blue and looks more like the mobile app.  I cannot log in again by clicking the login prompt, nothing happens.

So then I have to go back out to the main page, login again, and come back to the board through the main page.

I don't particularly like having to be logged in to use the message borad with the familiar skin.

I use FF.

Edited by coastal_caniac

Have you tried both log in methods I've mentioned after clearing your cache?  It would be helpful if you could tell me what happens with each of the two ways I mentioned that you log in, not the way that currently works. 

From the main page, I can login by typing directly in the boxes but nothing happens when I try to use the button above the box.

From the message board, there is a login function, but you can't see it, you have to hover over it.  Login was fine. 

Any chance you take a screen shot of the message board page before you log in?    Or how about a screencast video of you trying to log in on the message board page?  These are what I send in for tech support so they can see whats happening from our end.

Whoa, this is FF?  What version?  No wonder you don't like those avatars on the main page, they're on steroids :lol: