The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
DianeNC

Hurricanes Partners/Sponsors Offers (Moe's, Subway, etc.)

It looks like we've got several team "sponsors" this season offering different things to Canes fans for different reasons. I've been unable to find exactly who offers what in any one place on our site here and just catch either the Subway or Papa John's (and sometimes Kanki) offers on Facebook, so was wondering if those who know could help break it down for the rest of us?

This is what I think is in place so far....

Moe's Southwest Grill - free side of Caniac Queso & chips when the Canes score 5+ goals

Subway - free Canes Cookie when the Canes score 5+ goals. Must present coupon that can be printed at: http://3.cdn.nhle.com/hurricanes/v2/ext/corpsales/subway1213cookiecoupon.jpg

Papa Johns - 50% off any regular priced menu item when the Canes win, must order online. Promo Code: CANIAC

Kanki - free Hurricanes sushi roll with a dine-in purchase when the Canes have two wins in a row

Bojangles - free Bojangles Boberry biscuit the following morning between 5:30-10:00 AM if the Canes score a power play goal. Just say, "I'm a Caniac, and it's Bo time!"

Any additions/corrections would be much appreciated. But I am curious why this info isn't available, in one place, for fans somewhere here on this website and/or our Facebook page.  :letssee:

You guys are gonna get FAT today after last night's demolition...so who's planning a road trip to all five of these locations?

This year I think the Moe's queso is when a player selected prior to the game scores a goal. (In prior years Moe's had the 5+ goal deal.)

That is correct, last night it was Gleason and thurs was E. Staal( seems it was only game recently he didnt score in..lol)

This year I think the Moe's queso is when a player selected prior to the game scores a goal. (In prior years Moe's had the 5+ goal deal.)

Thanks, Red_Storm. Where is this info posted before a game starts?

Thanks, Red_Storm. Where is this info posted before a game starts?

They announce who the queso player is during the Canes TV broadcast of the game. I'm not aware if it's posted anywhere.

Thanks, again, Red_Storm. Unfortunately, that doesn't help those of us who aren't able to get the TV broadcast - you would think they would at least post it afterwards (as well as the other stuff). It's hard for Canes fans to take advantage of these partner/sponsor offers, when they're not really posted in any one place (if at all). Very confusing....

I would think that someone from the Cane's organization (or whoever is involved with promotions, etc.) should be making this info available - I'm thinking if the average fan can't find it in any one place, am not sure whoever is doing the game summary will be able to either (nor should they have to go searching around for it.)

Latest example is how after winning against the Panthers twice in a row the other night, the special that Kanki offers should have kicked in, but didn't see anything about it over on Facebook (which seems to be the only place I've seen anything about the offers from Papa Johns, Subway, and Kanki) - have yet to see anything anywhere about the other specials I've listed/heard about.

Mike Sundheim is the PR guy for the Canes and should have some answers for you. 

msundheim@carolinahurricanes.com

Last night after the E to Semin shorty attempt, my daughter asks "What would have happened if we scored that?"  I thought she was asking about the power play going away so I launched into a huge explanation of why it expires for the PP team but not the PK team.  She says, "No Mom.  What do we get if they score a shorty?"  She's assuming there is some sort of food tied to every possible novelty...and maybe there should be!  Haha!  Seems like a marketing opportunity missed out on.  What would be the perfect product to tie to a short-handed goal?

Edited by redheadcaniac

Last night after the E to Semin shorty attempt, my daughter asks "What would have happened if we scored that?"  I thought she was asking about the power play going away so I launched into a huge explanation of why it expires for the PP team but not the PK team.  She says, "No Mom.  What do we get if they score a shorty?"  She's assuming there is some sort of food tied to every possible novelty...and maybe there should be!  Haha!  Seems like a marketing opportunity missed out on.  What would be the perfect product to tie to a short-handed goal?

How about a free short-stack of pancakes from IHOP!

I just happened to find a page (by accident) that summarizes the different offers available to fans mentioned above. Although the webpage appears to reside in the "Fan Zone" area of our site at http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=86967 on a page called "Hurricanes Food Specials" -but if you go to the Fan Zone portion of our site from the home page, this page doesn't exist.

I'll take TSA's recommendation and bring this to the attention of Mike Sundheim and/or whoever is the webmaster for our site. It's nice to know the info's out there, but it doesn't do much good if nobody can find it.

Edited by DianeNC