The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Danny Biega

RALEIGH, NC – Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team has agreed to terms with defenseman Danny Biega on a three-year, entry-level contract. At the NHL Level, Biega will receive $625,000 in 2013-14, $675,000 in 2014-15 and $725,000 in 2015-16. At the AHL level.  more

Paul Branecky @PaulBranecky

Both Severyn and Biega getting the start in first AHL game. Though with current lineup, I guess odds of having that NOT happen may be higher

Beiga hit hard and is visibly shaken up. Kept playing but had no idea what was going on. Scary. Headed to room now.

Never seen anything like that. This injury situation is out of control. Guy lasted three, maybe four shifts

Tough way to start a pro career. I hope he is alright

Poor guy, hope he's ok. I didn't know Charlotte was so decimated with injuries and the Canes taking some of their best players can't be helping matters any either.

The Chex have had a tough time with injuries and the callups but have been playing alright. I saw Dalpe was skating today but no word on his return. The latest Tweet from Paul on Beiga.

Checkers lead 1-0, but thoughts with Biega for the moment. Pretty unsettling to watch for any player, let alone one making pro debut

Am listening to the game. Guess Biega got caught with his head down by 6'3" 235lbs Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond. Biega not on the bench in the 2nd forcing Daniels to play with just 5 forwards.

I hope someone doesn't fire their coach and whisk him away. I thought Biega was a dman?

Also, is Rask up with the Checkers? He had 40 points in 36 games with the Hitmen in the WHL, and I see he's played 10 games in the AHL this season, so is he currently with them?

Edited by SuckaPunchd

Rask returned to the Hitmen for the rest of the season.

Daniels is down 9 checkers, has 11 guys on the team who started the season in the ECHL and still has an rather impressive 6-4 record over the last 10 games. 

Wow, Paul sounds pretty down and out.  If he's feeling like this, I can't imagine the toll its taking on the team.

WOW.... that's a shame.  I heard he got signed but thought he was staying with his WHL team for the playoffs (from what I read).  Now that the Canes are back on I haven't been following the Checkers as much (shame on me) so I didn't hear about this.  

Get well Biega!