The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
bluedevil58

-----FROG SIREN------- IT'S PANIC TIME!!!

I am not sure what it is.  This is not the same team that I saw from the beginning of the season.  Are we being out coached or what?  Our guys seem to be completely unmotivated and after tonights game we may very well be out of a playoff spot.  What the heck are we supposed to do now?!!!

Edited by bluedevil58

Punt??  Hockey gods against us, too many injuries, caps shutting out jets, some solace there, there arent enough   dmen, have to make a trade, or put my buddy brent on the dline... i was so depressed, but with injuries  and all, it aint meant to be, acceptance can be very healing for a  sad fan...go canes, always with ya, but JR please  show some calzones, and make a deal!

We played our best game of the year when we beat Washington on the road 4 to 0. THEN we have scored 6 goals in 5 games? I do not get it either. I  think that we are really weak defensively and now that Faulk and Corvo are out it we just cannot seem to get it out of our zone. Say what you want about Corvo but he could skate the puck out of our zone and get it up the ice. Now we just cannot get it up the ice.

Who would we trade and for whom? Maybe time for new GM. Playoffs 3 times in 10 years just does not cut it.

Obviously, I haven't been able to watch any games this season thy weren't shown on AFN.

That being said, it's safe to say te wheels have come off and this team has quit as a whole. Sure there are exceptions: Eric, Ellis, Faulk, etc, but as a whole, we are toast.

I'm sick of assigning specific blame when it's the entire organization that's responsible. Fire Kirk? Fire JR? Take E's C away? Trade favorite players? I don't care anymore...just do SOMETHING! This recycling of players, Charlotte call ups, and shuffling of lines BS isn't the answer and hasn't been since day one!

I love my Canes, but this team seems intent on finding new and creative ways of sullying the organization.

Punt??  Hockey gods against us, too many injuries, caps shutting out jets, some solace there, there arent enough   dmen, have to make a trade, or put my buddy brent on the dline... i was so depressed, but with injuries  and all, it aint meant to be, acceptance can be very healing for a  sad fan...go canes, always with ya, but JR please  show some calzones, and make a deal!

I think your pretty spot on dinz.  If there was a deal to be made JR would have made it already. The Canes have already pilfered what they could out of Charlotte and when Sanguinetti has to play as beat up as he is right now, you know they're out of ideas. 

Being realistic... the defense heading into this season was a question mark but when the offense was flying high and once the the goaltending straightened out, the defense didn't have to be world class only steady.  When injuries hit the offense, the depth was enough to hold the fort but when injuries hit the defense (especially Faulk) there just wasn't enough depth there to hold the fort until key pieces return.   This effects everyone on the ice from the goaltending on out to the forwards.  Ellis (or whoever) has be superman and the forwards can't play the game they're built to play because there's no trust on the ice and with no trust, there's zero chemistry. Add to that the constantly changing lines and defensive combinations and you have a bunch of guys trying to do too much as individuals who deflate easily once things go wrong.

Not sure what the answer is here but I'm certain the entire front office is just as concerned as all of us.

Faulk's, and yes Corvo's importance to the team are now blindingly evident.

This is why you have to bank points while you are healthy.  We did to some degree, but now the cushion is gone, and there just weren't enough points in the bank.

Jersey ate up all of their points but they got their guy back now in the nick of time (lucky us).  We are in real trouble.