The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
top-shelf-1

Wow. Jets lost again...

This board will never have a shortage of goalies or coaches.

Look folks, when you don't dump and chase effectively, you get the neutral zone trap which has been the dagger in the Canes side of late. That, and chasing the puck around a lot in the defensive zone. When they finally do get the puck, they have to dump it just to change lines.

I'm no coach, but I'm not blind either.

This team has dumped the puck all season, even when approaching the blue line with possession, if not to anything but an open corner. All season.  It was effective when we were able to send 3 forwards deep.  That's not happening right now.

The Canes are playing 60 minutes of hockey along the boards.  We aren't good when we do that.

Edited by coastal_caniac

I'm no coach, but I'm not blind either.

This team has dumped the puck all season, even when approaching the blue line with possession, if not to anything but an open corner. All season.  It was effective when we were able to send 3 forwards deep.  That's not happening right now.

The Canes are playing 60 minutes of hockey along the boards.  We aren't good when we do that.

My comment was for Internet coaches that are so against the dump and chase. You are right about Muller not sending the 3rd forward in on the forechecking and the opposition is getting those pucks. If that's the result of our D, then Houston, we have a problem.

When we're winning our guys make the right call at the line on whether to dump or skate it in. Lately we dump at the wrong times and skate it in at even worse times.

Coach Mo there was no making a call it was slam the puck around the boards and let Jesus take the wheel on whether we got the puck back.

I'll tell you one guy who doesn't dump and chase......wait for it.......SEMIN!~

You know, this could be considered spamming the board but its so nice to see something positive being posted anywhere everywhere on the board. :)

You know, this could be considered spamming the board but its so nice to see something positive being posted anywhere everywhere on the board. :)

OK, I'll stop. But just one more thing.....Semin.