The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
weehawk

2013-2014 ticket renewal

Hi.

My invoice came for next year's season tickets. Weren't we supposed to get a 10% discount on next year's season tickets if we kept our accts open during the lockout? Also, is anyone else noticing that the invoice tells you how much lockout interest you earned, but they dont apply that amount to your payment. Yes, I'm also not happy about the huge increase in parking for next year.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks.

We did get a 10% discount ... off of the increased ticket prices. I'm in Center Ice Premier.  This season, FSTH price per ticket is $89.50.  Next season, it's $99.  My invoice came thro with the 10% discount off of the increased price.

Also, my invoice does show the credit at the bottom of the invoice under "less payments/credits."

I agree, the increased parking cost is crazy. I don't know what the gate price is this year but $15 seems steep.

I too got my renewal package   The ticker price also went up in my section.  Need to think long and hard about renewing.   When I can find good seats on Stubhub at more than 50% off face value I question the need for a season ticket package.   If demand for tickets exceeded the supply I would buy purchase the package in a heart-beat.  As long as they have a sub .500 record at home I do not see the demand increasing any time soon.

I'm really surprised to see StubHub advertisements in NHL rinks because you would think NHL teams would want you to buy their tickets first and have no idea StubHub exists.

Right now during the week as collie said a lot of games are 50% in their sections. The weekends are kinda meh on savings but is still a better price.

A few times, I've looked into buy season tickets, or a mini-plan, as it's nearly impossible to make it to more than 15-20 games. And the "discount" for being a season ticket holder is weak. I get MUCH better prices off Craigslist or StubHub, every time I need tickets. I don't see the need, to be honest. 

When I was a 12 gamer for all of one year, I was infuriated to find that most of my games were College nights or Teacher nights and the prices were better for those nights then we were given as STH.

Never been an STH since. 35$ to sit LL or 20$ to sit in 300's? Gee...lemme think on that one.

Edited by Legend

Parking rise is a killer.  Yeah, yeah, I know they include a special price for STHers if you sign up for it ($10 a game).  But it is really a signficant rise no matter how you dice it.

Let's see.  I got a 0% raise in my wage since 2008.  Now parking and tickets combined are up 60%.  Gee, wonder if I want to continue this?  No.

We're pretty sure we'll be dropping our 41 game full STH back to 12 games.  This is just something we can't swallow.  JR, Karmonos, Management and THE PLAYERS# need to know that the ordinary folks out there can't afford this kind of <*edit*>

Edited by wxray1

We did get a 10% discount ... off of the increased ticket prices. I'm in Center Ice Premier.  This season, FSTH price per ticket is $89.50.  Next season, it's $99.  My invoice came thro with the 10% discount off of the increased .

Sounds like the government give a decrease of the increase and call it a cut