The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
canes-in-7

$15 parking next year- Outrageous!

J. Betskis at seaboard station has some good German beers!!! Along with some good German / polish food...& the best dessert on the planet...the chocolate hazelnut torte!!! It has sea salt & crispy BACON!

Psst...see my location

When I was going to a Baptist church I went on a missions trip to Poland and Germany  Now I am going to an Anglican church  After all Luther said that beer is proof God loves us. (It was not the main reason for the switch

seems Canes management priced the increased tickets/parking with the thought the team would go deep into the playoffs. 

Now the team has tanked and will be out of the playoffs by this weekend they need to reverse their decision and keep prices the same.  As appreciation for renewing tickets with no indication next year's team will be better they need to give renewals a 10% discount  on season tickets.   But the Canes have not been known for making smart marketing decisions

seems Canes management priced the increased tickets/parking with the thought the team would go deep into the playoffs. 

Now the team has tanked and will be out of the playoffs by this weekend they need to reverse their decision and keep prices the same.  As appreciation for renewing tickets with no indication next year's team will be better they need to give renewals a 10% discount  on season tickets.   But the Canes have not been known for making smart marketing decisions

While agree a Great idea.. just means canes would never do it ;)

Do think afer this slide and debacle.. some word from manamgent over the increases would be nice, but i'm not holding my breath we will ever see that!

I have a theory about the price increases.

1. We were all talk during the lockout, then we packed the place as soon as the games began and through the early success.

2. Now that we are tanking, basically the same number of seats filled, only with opposing teams fans.

So, we can threaten all we want, but I don't think the ownership cares if they make their $ from a Caniac, or a Slug, or a Bruin, or Penguin.  I've been at the last 3 games, in my sweet season ticket holder seats and have been surrounded by other teams fans.

So, at the end of they day, why not jack up prices and charge out of towners less than they would pay to see their teams on home ice??

Just a theory.

why not jack up prices and charge out of towners less than they would pay to see their teams on home ice??

they need to take the example of the Kitty-kats for the games that tend to attract out-of-town fans?  Habs, Leafs Rangers

The seat next to me that I got in 120 that I thought was a steal at $30 was bought by a Pens fan for $15.who bought the seat an hour before the game

I have decided that I will not renew my mini-plan for next season.  See no reason when the current product sucks and next year is a vast unknown.  Imagine how a customer would react if the quality of the food has been on the decline and the owner asked to payments in advance and increased the charges for the meals.  If this insane business model would not work fora local restaurant why the hell would it work  for the Canes?

Edited by colliefan

I have a theory about the price increases.

1. We were all talk during the lockout, then we packed the place as soon as the games began and through the early success.

2. Now that we are tanking, basically the same number of seats filled, only with opposing teams fans.

So, we can threaten all we want, but I don't think the ownership cares if they make their $ from a Caniac, or a Slug, or a Bruin, or Penguin.  I've been at the last 3 games, in my sweet season ticket holder seats and have been surrounded by other teams fans.

So, at the end of they day, why not jack up prices and charge out of towners less than they would pay to see their teams on home ice??

Just a theory.

Not a bad theory.. but IMO an unsustainable business model... it's why teams ned up moving because if the out town teams are playing bad also, those fans dont show( see how much less slugs fans showed up this year) and your arena sits empty most nights. The Owners IMO better care tremendously about the dwindling full season ticket holders

Edited by canes-in-7

they need to take the example of the Kitty-kats for the games that tend to attract out-of-town fans?  Habs, Leafs Rangers

The seat next to me that I got in 120 that I thought was a steal at $30 was bought by a Pens fan for $15.who bought the seat an hour before the game

I have decided that I will not renew my mini-plan for next season.  See no reason when the current product sucks and next year is a vast unknown.  Imagine how a customer would react if the quality of the food has been on the decline and the owner asked to payments in advance and increased the charges for the meals.  If this insane business model would not work fora local restaurant why the hell would it work  for the Canes?

Sorry to hear that, we need more good fans like you in the stands, but do feel there are many that are reacting as you have

I fed the addiction and re-upped for full STH. 

Hope the hangover isn't too bad.

if you can fit it into your budget  good for you

I don't post much, to little time.  But, after being a season ticket holder for the past 6 years, not remewing for 13-14 season.  Too much of the same old story over the years and now with upping the price, would rather spend money and time elsewhere.  Will spot buy tickets for probably half price once and a while.  Somehow, if the Canes are to return to top 50%, the message has to be sent that the fans won't tollerate the product we are getting for the price charged.

It's easy to forget, but when you add in not making the playoffs this season, the Canes will have made the playoffs only 2 times out of the last 10 seasons.

This is a great team to follow if you don't like spending additional $ on playoff tickets.

It's easy to forget, but when you add in not making the playoffs this season, the Canes will have made the playoffs only 2 times out of the last 10 seasons.

This is a great team to follow if you don't like spending additional $ on playoff tickets.

it is not that a mind paying the extra money.  What I don't like is paying 30% down on STH ticket prices that have been increased and they have not yet qualified for the playoffs.  If the Canes had gone deep into the playoffs I would have no problem with the increase.  But to be bumped from the playoffs the way the Canes did stings

Guys, I was surprised to see 2013-14 Season Tickets Center Ice Lower Bowl about 20-rows up in Raleigh costs about the same as similar seats in bigger markets (Philly for example).

In Raleigh or Philly, both go for about $4300 per seat for the season.

Somewhere along the line, I was lead to believe the Canes offer us lower costs?  Not sure where I picked that up, perhaps in my season ticket renewal package.

In any case, this was eye opening...  in an area with NHL hockey for almost 50-years and a population of 4.5 million (vs triangle's 1.2-ish) and for a team that spends freely for FA...  charges about the same as Canes mgmt does here in Raleigh.   Hummmmm???

The  Canes implying they really keep costs down for "us" bugs me more than  the 3-extra bucks on parking.  

Any insights here guys?

Edited by Greg-N-Ral

Guys, I was surprised to see 2013-14 Season Tickets Center Ice Lower Bowl about 20-rows up in Raleigh costs about the same as similar seats in bigger markets (Philly for example).

In Raleigh or Philly, both go for about $4300 per seat for the season.

Somewhere along the line, I was lead to believe the Canes offer us lower costs?  Not sure where I picked that up, perhaps in my season ticket renewal package.

In any case, this was eye opening...  in an area with NHL hockey for almost 50-years and a population of 4.5 million (vs triangle's 1.2-ish) and for a team that spends freely for FA...  charges about the same as Canes mgmt does here in Raleigh.   Hummmmm???

The  Canes implying they really keep costs down for "us" bugs me more than  the 3-extra bucks on parking.  

Any insights here guys?

You are correct, the canes can "market" it,by using the Avg. cost of tickets, and since they did that 'fan zone"( or whatever its called) for $9.99 for seats that were not selling anyway, allows them to advertise a 'lower cost"( even though many seats really aren't) and giving away those super cheap seats allows them a higher attendance figure than really getting if were $30/seat and not $9.99.. just another bait and switch marketing tactic IMO

You are correct, the canes can "market" it,by using the Avg. cost of tickets, and since they did that 'fan zone"( or whatever its called) for $9.99 for seats that were not selling anyway, allows them to advertise a 'lower cost"( even though many seats really aren't) and giving away those super cheap seats allows them a higher attendance figure than really getting if were $30/seat and not $9.99.. just another bait and switch marketing tactic IMO

Very interesting, thanks for those insights!!

btw...

IN THE 2013 SEASON TICKET RENEWAL PACKET

From Jim Rutherford's letter to Hurricanes Fans:

"Even with the addition of several high-end players to our roster, our pricing remains in the lowest quarter of the NHL."

If that's largely being driven by the $9.99, limited sections, behind the net, nose-bleed seats, the statement, at best, is deceiving.

It would be very interesting to pull some data on teams in the east comparing prices for decent seats (ex: lower bowl center ice, 20-rows up).

If the Canes rank in the middle of the pack or higher, making the"lowest quarter" comment to ALL potential season ticket holders is sinking kind'a low (IMO).

If the Canes rank in the middle of the pack or higher, making the"lowest quarter" comment to ALL potential season ticket holders is sinking kind'a low (IMO).

rather than keeping the discount on food and beverage they offered new and existing STH at the beginning of the sales drive they have lowered it to 7% for the full and 26-game plan buyers and just 3% for the buyers of the 12 game plan.  Further proof Canes' marketing is inept and incompetent.   MBA students at UNC or Duke could run a better organization 

It would be very interesting to pull some data on teams in the east comparing prices for decent seats (ex: lower bowl center ice, 20-rows up).

Go to http://capitals.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=88095 to see the Caps prices for next year.  There is a seating chart and prices at the bottom of the page.  I did spot check center ice lower level and the lower level south/lower preferred end and the Canes full season ticket prices are lower - center ice $122 Caps, $99 Canes; LLS $92 Caps, $66 Canes.

Edited by acheskis

I would think that Tampa Bay is a comprable market. Many more benefits too

Tampa Bay Lower Level end zones  - Low Rows $52 High Rows $40 (doesn't matter which end)

Hurricanes Lower Level South Low Rows $66 High Rows $49

Hurricanes Lower Level North Low Rows$59 High Rows $44

Tampa Bay promenade Corner (same as Sideline Premier) Low Rows $60 High Rows $55

Hurricanes Sideline Premier $80 Sideline Premier Value $64

Tampa Bay Promenade Sideline (same as Center Ice Premier) $82

Hurricanes Center Ice Premier $99

In Tampa Bay if you pay in full you have a chance at 500 awesome prizes http://lightning.nhl.com/v2/ext/pdf/2013/STM_PayInFull_Drawing_2013.pdf

Tampa Bay aslo gives 25% off Food and Beverage and 35% off merchandise for full season ticket holders

Just comparing for the heck of it............I did renew my seats for next season so I can get my 10% F&B Credit

Wow... very interesting. Perhaps this analysis should become its own thread.

So here's what we all have learned so far...

For good center-ice lower bowl season tickets:

Washington - $122/game

Canes - $99/game

Flyers - $98/game

TB - $82/game
(with some outstanding gifts to select STH)

So far, having a hard time seeing the Canes making the "lowest quarter in the NHL" comment as a genuine/fair characterization.

Clearly we need more data...
Edited by Greg-N-Ral

Got one more...  

Washington - $122/game

Canes - $99/game

NYI - $99 (with 1st round of Playoffs given out for FREE) 

Flyers - $98/game

TB - $82/game 

A few more to compare the Canes claim too...  

New York City - Rangers - $215/game

Washington - $122/game

Canes - $99/game

NYI - $99 (with 1st round of Playoffs given out for FREE) 

Flyers - $98/game

TB - $82/game 

Blue Jackets - $79/game

Edited by Greg-N-Ral