The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Greg-N-Ral

POLL: And with the 5th pick in the 2013 NHL Draft, the Carolina Hurricanes pick.....

Canes First Round Pick?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Canes do with thier first round pick?

• Pick Sean Monohan, C
    • Pick Aleksander Barkov, C (if available)
    • Pick Valerie Nichushkin, RW (if available)
    • Pick Darnell Nurse, D
    • Pick Rasmus Ristolainen, D
    • Trade Down out of 5th pick, ex: get 8th and 16th overall)
    • Trade Up, get an elite top-3 pick (won't come cheap)

Anyone got a link to a NON-NBCSN live feed on the internet for the draft so I can watch from here in Afghanistan?

Also, can we get chat up and running for this?

Guys theres a reason everyone wants to move uo. Nich is the real deal....

I don't think anyone is arguing that he isn't.  Every GM is afraid to get him top 5 since is he still signed in Russia.  Its that Russia factor that is hurting him.

Guys theres a reason everyone wants to move uo. Nich is the real deal....

I want us to pick him so bad but I think there's 0% chance that we do. He's insane.

Anyone got a link to a NON-NBCSN live feed on the internet for the draft so I can watch from here in Afghanistan?

Also, can we get chat up and running for this?

Sent you a PM and chat is open

Yeah,   the problem we have is fixing the offense.  Great, pass on defense. Before the pick the announcers were talking about our needs on defense. After the pick the announcers were talking that this would be someone not needed now but in the future. By the way lots of teams talking to Vinny, but evidently not us. Looks like we are going to need to be a 3+ goals per game team.

Edited by winger52

What a waste of the fifth overall pick. Lindholm would've been there at 7, 8. 

Also, what happened to 'we need someone to can impact the organization now'? Didn't know Lindholm was signed for another year in Sweden.

JR also said there were good forwards offered for the Fifth pick, but no one could sweeten the pot enough to make him trade the fifth. I would've taken a forward assuming we also get a top 10 pick as well. 

I'm pretty livid at the moment.

If next year is a tank year, I'm not sure I'd be able to stomach watching it.

Edited by SuckaPunchd

Picked a guy that can't help next year due to commitment in Sweden. Still rebuilding!

Still?  I don't think I will live long enough.

Picked a guy that can't help next year due to commitment in Sweden. Still rebuilding!

If Lindy was their guy, I'm glad that didn't stop them.  Drafting in hockey takes a long term commitment and development of players.

If Lindy was their guy, I'm glad that didn't stop them.  Drafting in hockey takes a long term commitment and development of players.

We need to make the playoffs. Long term, this may become the Quebec Hurricanes if they keep missing the playoffs. On the other hand, we might have some of the best golfers in the NHL on our roster.

I wonder if I will be the only one who is happy if we draft Lindholm? I really like everything I have seen and heard, and I think he would be a great fit ("never takes a shift off", "two-way player", "can play center or wing"). I am quietly hoping that we draft him if certain scenarios play out.

Maybe I am the only one who is happy. The good news I called it/wanted it, now he has to perform. Needless to say if he becomes what I think he will, I have a Lindholm jersey in my future. I think he is a future captain/alternate captain, and will become a fan favorite.

Maybe I am the only one who is happy. The good news I called it/wanted it, now he has to perform. Needless to say if he becomes what I think he will, I have a Lindholm jersey in my future. I think he is a future captain/alternate captain, and will become a fan favorite.

I'm also happy about it. It's just going to suck having to wait a year. Oh well it gives time for Rask to develop, and hopefully Karlsson? Super Swedes?