The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Greg-N-Ral

POLL: And with the 5th pick in the 2013 NHL Draft, the Carolina Hurricanes pick.....

Canes First Round Pick?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Canes do with thier first round pick?

• Pick Sean Monohan, C
    • Pick Aleksander Barkov, C (if available)
    • Pick Valerie Nichushkin, RW (if available)
    • Pick Darnell Nurse, D
    • Pick Rasmus Ristolainen, D
    • Trade Down out of 5th pick, ex: get 8th and 16th overall)
    • Trade Up, get an elite top-3 pick (won't come cheap)

I did have Lindholm in my original poll as a possibility.  I don't recall anyone voting for him (including me).

I had voted for him in the first poll.  I remember someone else later voted for him before the poll was changed.  So I remember there were 2 votes. 

Well for what it's worth, since this thread is on it's last gasp, Kudos to those that saw Lidholm coming.

I thought it would be interesting to see which mock drafter got it the closest, but dcsports has taken down the 2013 compilations, and has already moved on to, can you beleive it, mock drafts for next year. Not even I am ready for that.

Edited by remkin

I had voted for him in the first poll.  I remember someone else later voted for him before the poll was changed.  So I remember there were 2 votes. 

That was me. Hi, first time poster because this board is often wonky for me so I don't post.

I just always felt like from JR's comments and our need for a playmaker, Lindholm was the obvious pick.  But no one was really talking about him for us so I figured maybe I was crazy.

That was me. Hi, first time poster because this board is often wonky for me so I don't post.

I just always felt like from JR's comments and our need for a playmaker, Lindholm was the obvious pick.  But no one was really talking about him for us so I figured maybe I was crazy.

Quite the contrary, we need members with insight like that more now than ever.  Please feel free to add to the conversation when you have something to say.  We'd love to hear it!

Well for what it's worth, since this thread is on it's last gasp, Kudos to those that saw Lidholm coming.

I thought it would be interesting to see which mock drafter got it the closest, but dcsports has taken down the 2013 compilations, and has already moved on to, can you beleive it, mock drafts for next year. Not even I am ready for that.

It was a good poll.  I thought the stuff posted in this thread pretty well fell in line with the mock drafts, in the end.  Even as a dysfunctional group we have potential, and we did okay.

Oh, and I think Craig Button nailed it just before the draft, at least the top 5-7 picks.

Edited by coastal_caniac

Is wonky a good thing?? :) Welcome..

Is wonky a good thing?? :) Welcome..

Lol no, wonky means it's messed up a lot. It's actually all of nfl.com for me. I get script errors and something like 404 errors and I'm never logged in, etc.

At this stage, we can certainly hope that drafting Elias Lindholm ends up being genius and while on paper we would have loved to have landed one of those coveted top-4 (tier 1) picks, stranger things have happened!!

For example, its almost comical to think it now, but Keith Primeau was actually drafted ahead of NHL all-time stud winger Jaromir Jagr (5th overall the year he came out).
Edited by Greg-N-Ral

And the guy Lindhom is sometimes compared with, Peter Forsberg was picked #6 overall with all eyes on Eric Lindros. And Forsberg was ranked like 25th and expect to go later than #6.

Edited by remkin