The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Dukefan711

Tim Wallace IS The Differencemaker...The Stats Don't Lie, Please Recall Him Immediately!

I am going to keep this simple...we need to recall Tim Wallace and play him in our rotation again, not only because he brings a physical element to this team and the muscle that we are very much lacking right now, but also because of his character, his energy, his presence, his work ethic, and his skills. Ever notice how The Canes do NOT lose when he is playing on the ice for us? For example, first 3 games of the season, we get blown out (like we are now), but afterwards JR called him up, and around that time with that first 6 game road trip, where they had a record best winning road trip in franchise history, he was IN our lineup...every now and then, he'd be a healthy scratch for Westgarth, and the Canes would lose energy it seemed, and even some games, but even after the road trip, he stayed with us on the ice for the most part, and that was the duration where the Canes started separating from the pact and looked like a machine...THEN comes in ADAM HALL (nothing against him) and ever since, Wallace was a healthy scratch, and then sent down to the Checkers...THE CANES have won 1 game since he hasnt been in our lineup...call it a good luck charm? I dont know, but all I do know is we need him back immediately for these next 11 games, the guys infront of him play with more energy with his presence out there on the ice because hes gonna protect them, they will get their confidence back, while Wallace will hit and bring that grit back...all of the sudden you have a winning team again. JR, look at the stats (The W-L Record) when he is on the ice, and his character and work ethic, fact is he is WAYYYYY MORE IMPORTANT for the Canes (even if he is a banger on the 4th or 3rd line) than he is with the Checkers. Justin Shugg is back and healthy now too so the Checkers have enough RWs...Not to mention he is not even signed for next year, so there is nothing to worry about with waivers, because we will lose him anyway unless we resign him, what are you waitfing for? It is simple, when he is in the lineup, the Canes win. Easy math right there! 11 GAMES LEFT...FRESH CLEAN SLATE WITH FAULK AND WALLACE COMING BACK, ITS NOT TOO LATE, we want Tim back!!!

Edited by Dukefan711

I've talked about getting Wallace back in numerous times already so... He never should have left the lineup, he was one of the few guys who did his job consistently. Maybe there is more to the story, who knows. He will not be a cure-all, but at least we could lose with more dignity.

Edited by Kyrule

I think he's a potential game changer.  Hard to underestimate how those brutal hits can even sting a defensemen enough to get them off their game or limping a bit, to make things a bit easier for the other lines. 

Hitting is a powerful ally, and this team could use a little bit of the "dark side of the force" right now.  I concur.

Wallace put a hurting on a couple of Milwuakee Admirals last night in Charlotte.  I agree that we need some more hard hitting, but let's be real, this season is all but over.  Maybe he can come to camp next year and work his way into the roster, but I think he's a UFA that would need to be re-signed.  Wallace is on a one year two/way for 700K at the NHL level (same as Westgarth) and 105K at the AHL level.. he's been up and down so his actually pay is somewhere in between like 300K, but according to capgeek his cap hit is still 700K. For that price or maybe a small raise I don't see why we couldn't re-sign him with others leaving.  Of course as a UFA he'd have to want to stay here since he can go whereever he wants. 

Yeah, but you're all missing one very important thing? Who sits out? Is Wallace the son-in-law of a famous, ex-football coach who buys tickets or a luxury suite? 

I thought that was Westgarth?

Isn't that what Westgarth does every game? You mean we are counting him on the roster?

Westgarth does sit out almost every game but isn't he the son-in-law?  Don't think it's helped him any. 

Am I missing a joke or something :huh:

Westgarth does sit out almost every game but isn't he the son-in-law?  Don't think it's helped him any. 

He is the son in law :) I was making a joke that even when he is in the lineup he "sits out" ... He has made no difference at all this season...he has not held his own or been any kind of motivating factor on this team...he may be a nice guy but he has no productive role on this team...he is no enforcer he is not a banger he is not a scorer and he is not a very good skater :( I can't believe we sent jussi packing and kept total dead weight such as Westgarth... Is his father in law part owner? I pay full price for LL seats do you think JR would let me play a game or 2 LOL

I got your joke pkling but I still must be missing kahuna's, guess I'm just a little slow this morning.

If you happen have goalie gear its certainly worth a shot, right?

I got your joke pkling but I still must be missing kahuna's, guess I'm just a little slow this morning.

If you happen have goalie gear its certainly worth a shot, right?

I just watched the game again( yes I was silly enough to attend and DVR it- just in case we won I wanted to be able to savory the moment) and I think I might just be able to pull it offmaybe Ellis can lend me his gear since he is not using it...at least I think I know what not to do...DON'T FOLLOW MY DEFENSE BEHIND THE NET... Bad idea very bad LOL. oh and get up quickly...no watching the game while I'm in the net...DVR it so I can watch it later LOL. am I on the right track?

If Wallace was Cowher's son, HE'D be the one suiting up every night, not Westgarth. I'm implying that nepotism is the ONLY reason Westgarth is warming a spot on the bench, and not in the pressbox. 

If Wallace was Cowher's son, HE'D be the one suiting up every night, not Westgarth. I'm implying that nepotism is the ONLY reason Westgarth is warming a spot on the bench, and not in the pressbox. 

Kind of what I thought you meant but since Westgarth doesn't play that often I was confused.

AWAC, Wallace hits....period.  Who else does that?

Canes are the softest club in town and absolutly Wallace was a difference maker.  Hell JR put him on waviers and tried to give him away.  IDIOT.  Wallace should've never left. Period.

We out hit the boston bruins tonight and it did nothing to correct the stats that really matter, aka the final score. Hitting is important, but difference maker? We can go down a list of items that could improve this team and hitting is on there, but it is a lot lower on the fix list imo.

I think there's enough talent here - but the mindset is totally lacking! Their homework should be to read Michael Jordan's biography. "I know I'm the best and I will dominate you unless you show me otherwise!" If you don't think you're the best in the NHL at your position/role, then what's the point? Are you a goal scorer? Then be the best, I am the best! Are you a fourth line puck chaser? "I'm the best forechecker and when I get the puck I know the best thing to do with it!", etc, etc! It's the power of Assumptions! "...as a man thinketh, so shall he reap!!!!"

I'll chime in on this one, as I agree with the OP.  Hitting is a critical part of NHL play, hitting players off the puck and maintaining possession in the Ozone.  That creates additional opportunity and time to create chaos in front of the net.  Wallace is not just a hitter, but a brutal hitter, which will draw in other defense/center to him either for paybacks, or to try and get him off the puck...since his hits usually are dirty.  This opens up either a winger or a center, or if a defensive forward leaves the point....it opens up the point.  Either way, hitting creates open spaces for shooting lanes, and causes turnovers.  Repetitive hits can injure players, like ours this season.  You cannot allow a team to hit you, without similarly showing them, that your team is also capable of being rough.  Tim Wallce, Tuomo Ruutu, and Justin Faulk are our nastiest players.  Faulk doesn't dish out punishment as often, but when he does, its big.  Tim Wallace, lacking some other player to hit away, will be required to turn this thing around.  Won't happen this year, but Wallace's hits tonight were productive, every one of them.  He got under Rebeiro's skin, and that is a very good thing, drew a penalty.  Hard to put a value on that.  There are other qualities, besides scoring goals, that a hitting winger can bring to a line.  Don't expect Wallace to score, I want him to hit.  When his linemates show up on the scoreboard, once the proper chemistry is established, Wallace will have a lot of assists, and that is money in the bank. 

For whatever reason, the management/coaching of this team hasn't valued impact players.  Hitting impact.  I'd thow Wallace out there night in and night out, he's a keeper.