The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac59

My son's father in critical condition

Being a biker & a father myself Erwin Cane-Head, i hope that Richard pulls through it's always terrible to hear such news. I'm sure that your son Clint will be fine. Clint is with his dad at a time when his dad needs him more than you do, absolutely no dis-respect to you when i say that. Clint will know fine well that you are worried about him, & his father. At the end of the day you're only a phone call away if he needs you. Don't worry too much!

Very sorry to hear of Clint's dad's accident. We will keep all of you in our prayers.

Clint sounds like a very remarkable young man. I'm sure it is a comfort to his dad to have him there at this time. This will surely bond them closer.

Been up all night since my son called and told me his dad (Richard) was in a motorcycle accident last night and is intensive care with bilateral fractured femurs and other injuries. My son Clint who some of you know is 15 years old and never been away from home without me. His dad lives in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Last month I decided to ask his dad to let Clint come and stay one month this summer and work with him since they never get to be together (we have been divorced since Clint was 2 years old) and he agreed, he usually makes excuses about spending time with him so this was the 1st time he agreed to this. His dad and his best friend were riding their motorcycles and Richard lost control of his and hit a guard rail at 70mph. It is so ironic that this happened only one week after my son got there. I am so glad he is there with his dad, this would have devastated Clint to be here in North Carolina and feeling helpless. Richard's best friend witnessed this accident and is understandably upset. His family is going to take care of my son while he is there and I want Clint to stay there with his dad even though I desperately want to get on a plane and bring him home. His best friend told me this morning on the phone that he was so proud of Clint because Clint was so calm and cool and was trying to take care of him and comforting both his dad and his best friend. I am so proud of him, even on the phone he was comforting me and telling me he was ok and he was so glad and grateful he was there with his dad. I am so grateful Clint was not riding with him.

I don't mean to ramble, I can't sleep. Please, please pray for Richard and my son and Richard's family through this, thank you so much.

Erwin - how are YOU doing? Do you have an update on Richard? It sounds like Clint has a good head on his shoulders, and I know that you couldn't be more proud of him. These guys are right - his dad needs him so much right now. This is going to be an incredible bonding time for them. I truly believe that everything happens in God's time and that He has a plan. Maybe this happened to slow Richard down a little, so he has plenty of time to think about the son that he's been blessed with. If you don't mind, what's Richard's last name? I will request prayer for him and Clint Sunday.

Take care and know that you and all of your family are in my prayers.

Been up all night since my son called and told me his dad (Richard) was in a motorcycle accident last night and is intensive care with bilateral fractured femurs and other injuries. My son Clint who some of you know is 15 years old and never been away from home without me. His dad lives in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Last month I decided to ask his dad to let Clint come and stay one month this summer and work with him since they never get to be together (we have been divorced since Clint was 2 years old) and he agreed, he usually makes excuses about spending time with him so this was the 1st time he agreed to this. His dad and his best friend were riding their motorcycles and Richard lost control of his and hit a guard rail at 70mph. It is so ironic that this happened only one week after my son got there. I am so glad he is there with his dad, this would have devastated Clint to be here in North Carolina and feeling helpless. Richard's best friend witnessed this accident and is understandably upset. His family is going to take care of my son while he is there and I want Clint to stay there with his dad even though I desperately want to get on a plane and bring him home. His best friend told me this morning on the phone that he was so proud of Clint because Clint was so calm and cool and was trying to take care of him and comforting both his dad and his best friend. I am so proud of him, even on the phone he was comforting me and telling me he was ok and he was so glad and grateful he was there with his dad. I am so grateful Clint was not riding with him.

I don't mean to ramble, I can't sleep. Please, please pray for Richard and my son and Richard's family through this, thank you so much.

Thanks to everyone who have sent messages and prayers on the board and PM'd me with a personal message and prayers, as I told each one I will save this messages for Clint when he gets home to see he also has a Caniac family that supports him.

Clint's dad Richard is still in on a ventilator in the ICU at Broward County Memorial Hospital, he has had surgery on both femurs with steel rods and will have a long rehab ahead of him, they do feel he will survive his injuries unless he has some unforseen complications. I agree 100% that Clint is where he should be and I would not have it anyother way. As a mother I just want to hold him in my arms and let him know his mama is here for him and for a minute it is ok to be my baby that needs some TLC before converting back into the wonderful young man he has become. I am so so proud of him and his strength. I know it was not my plan for him to be there as it seemed in the beginning before this terrible accident, but it was God's plan all along.

Thank you again for your love and support.

Erwin - how are YOU doing? Do you have an update on Richard? It sounds like Clint has a good head on his shoulders, and I know that you couldn't be more proud of him. These guys are right - his dad needs him so much right now. This is going to be an incredible bonding time for them. I truly believe that everything happens in God's time and that He has a plan. Maybe this happened to slow Richard down a little, so he has plenty of time to think about the son that he's been blessed with. If you don't mind, what's Richard's last name? I will request prayer for him and Clint Sunday.

Take care and know that you and all of your family are in my prayers.

Hey my friend, I am still in shock, trying to be there for his mother who is in Erwin and unable to go to Flordia. His brother and brother-in law and cousin has gone. Clint's father is Richard Royal, most of his family is in the Erwin/Harnett Co area so your church may know him or some of his family. If you see Mitch please let him know about Richard since they were such close childhood friends, I have not had a chance to call his old friends. Yes I agree that this was part of God's plan. I have posted an update today, thanks again my friend for your prayers and support and going to your church.

Hi - just got back from church (wow-what an awesome service!). Sean is the teacher in our Bible Study class, so I shared with our group about Richard. One of our friends, Howard Smith, knows him. We have a lot of bikers in our church, (including Sean) and so anytime there's a motorcycle accident, they seem to really take it to heart. Please let Clint know that we prayed especially for him and his Dad this morning, and we have some real prayer warriors in our group!!

On a side note - it was fun telling the class how I "met" you! I am very well known at Central as the resident Caniac. Anyway, you guys are thought of every day. Take care!

Sorry to hear about it Erwin Mom. I've been trying this praying thing more and more, so I'll pray tonight/morning for you three. If you need anything or need someone to talk to, PM me.