The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
SuckaPunchd

EA NHL 14

Today they released the first trailer and some information on NHL 14. The trailer is awesome,  Eric's wink to Semin made it, and Semin between the legs no look backhand pass to Tlusty made it too.

NHL 14 Features

• NHL® Collision Physics – Developed from the same core technology that powers EA SPORTS FIFA’s critically-acclaimed Player Impact Engine, NHL® Collision Physics introduces bigger, more thrilling hits, and truer-to-life collisions. A new left-stick control scheme makes delivering a game-changing hit simpler and more rewarding than ever.
  • Enforcer Engine – There is a code in hockey, when it's broken you have to respond. A first for the NHL franchise, Fight Night technology delivers a new 3rd person experience, physics-based punch targeting and player size differentiation to every fight, creating the most authentic and electrifying experience yet.
  • One-Touch Dekes – Experience what it feels like to be a superstar through a new, more responsive deking system controlled only with the left stick and one-button. From beginner to advanced gamers, the system allows for quicker reactive dekes and intuitive combination dekes, creating more moves than ever before.
  • True Performance Skating – Built on the breakthrough innovation that introduced physics-based skating and over 1,000 new skating animations to the EA SPORTS NHL franchise. The second year of the True Performance Skating features improved acceleration, explosive first-strides, quicker pivots and enhanced lateral skating, resulting in greater player responsiveness and unprecedented control.
  • Live the Life – The new incarnation of the Be a Pro Career Mode, now you can truly Live the Life of an NHL player. On or off the ice, every decision you make shapes your legacy as an athlete. Interact with teammates outside of the rink. Take part in media interviews. Each choice you make will affect your relationship with fans, teammates and management, influencing your skills and progression.
  • EA SPORTS NHL Online Seasons – NHL 14 adds the best-in-class promotion and relegation system in the sports category to the Hockey Ultimate Team & EA SPORTS Hockey League modes. Win games and advance to the next division to face tougher competition, fall short and see your team bumped down. Teams will be able to track their progress across multiple seasons.

NHL 14 comes out on September 10th in North America, September 13th in Europe.

I obviously am getting it, I've gotten the game every year since I want to say '03 or '04. I play on Xbox 360, if you want my gamertag ask :] A little disappointed in the features, what's new? The new collision engine might fix those ridiculous hits where people fly 6 feet into the air and bounce off their head a few times and get up fine. Fighting didn't need to be changed, no one cares about fighting in NHL 13 anyways. Dekes I'll be eager to see sort of, skating is more of the same it appears, Be A GM is now Live the Life, and they really uphauled that mode  (which I never play). But I'm a slave to consumerism.

Edited by SuckaPunchd

It's the same game it is every year, it only makes huge jumps when the platform changes. I'll save my money for NHL 15 when PS4 is out and their forced to make actual changes.

I am praying the goalie engine get an update for the new platform, the same cheap goals that were exposable in 09 are alive and well in 13. The goalies aren't fluid at all, they look like robots in goal and as such the same goals work every time. Whereas legit goals where you put effort into it....don't work.

Props to EA for using the Dropkick Muprhy's been addicted to their music for months now. Corey Crawford's jumping kick save is crazy, haven't seen a goalie do that since Grant Fuhr with the Blues.

Edited by Legend

I find it almost impossible to make any kind of centering pass in front of the net most of the time. Hopefully they make that a little more realistic.

I'm a Legend 3 been playing since '10 PS3. NHL 13 has been horrible. I hope NHL 14 is just bug free at this point. I think '11 was the most well made and fun game to play in the series. Sometimes more realistic is not better. I'm not really interested in coming home from a long day of work and grinding out a 2-1 OT win using dump and chase.

I'm a Legend 3, and I seem to score at least one goal and get a few assists a game. Playing Goalie lately is fun too. Maybe you're just getting bad teams, I wouldn't know though I play on the 360. NHL 14 focusing on Arena Atmosphere and Fighting. Don't get your hopes up.

Edited by SuckaPunchd

this is the first time in a long time i've been looking forward to the game . other years you hear about what they were doing with it and all , and it just did not appeal to me at all .  this year im interested . the one big draw for me is the  be a player mode , now you can talk to the press and team mates and coaches and put in over time to develop your player , much like a rpg .  and i find that highly interesting ! 

Edited by Canesfanforever