The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Even if you dislike the Bruins and their fans....

Send a prayer their way.

A perfect day turns evil - The Boston Globe

The location and timing of the bombs was sinister beyond belief, done purposely to maximize death and destruction. Among those who watched in horror as a fireball belched out across the sidewalk on Boylston were the parents of the schoolkids murdered in Newtown, Conn. The ­Atlantic reported they were sitting in a VIP section at the finish line, across the street from the explosion.

This is how bad this is. I went out Monday night and bumped into some firefighters I know. They said one of the dead was an 8-year-old boy from Dorchester who had gone out to hug his dad after he crossed the finish line. The dad walked on; the boy went back to the sidewalk to join his mom and his little sister. And then the bomb went off. The boy was killed. His sister’s leg was blown off. His mother was badly injured. That’s just one ­family, one story.

I am so angry I had trouble posting. Boston is a wonderful town. I'm not a Bostonian but I have family there. I have been to Boston on Patriots Day. To have done this at anytime would be horrible to do it on Patriots Day is a slap in the face of all Americans. I am so angry.

I feel the same.  Patriots Day/Marathon Monday is the first rite of Spring in Boston. Its the one holiday where everyone who lives outside the city comes in for the day to celebrate and just play.  Yesterday was supposed to be the early Red Sox game, the Finish Line of the Marathon culminating with the Bruins taking on Ottawa at the Garden.  All of which lie within a few miles radius of where the explosions went off.

I was thankful I was able to confirm that my family and friends were all safe before they cut off all cell service in Boston.  The stories, videos and pictures coming out today are just plain horrific.

Note:  for people who aren't familiar, the Patriots Day holiday is a celebration of freedom and the American Revolution.  It has nothing to do with the NFL Patriots.

When Americans are targeted and attacked, for any reason, it makes me sick to my stomach.  Don't really know what to say, but it seems they did a good job shutting everything down and preventing more bloodshed.  I hope the perpetrator is found and dealt with accordingly.

Sounds like they're getting close and may have the bomber in custody. 

SWAT teams and bomb squads are all around the Garden for tonight's game.  Heavy police and military presence everywhere.

Hate him or not, Brad Marchand is raffling off his personal suite at the Garden with all proceeds going directly to the family of the 8 year old boy that was killed. 

Let us also not forget that this wasn't just an attack on Americans either, Canadians as well as hundreds of others from around the world participate in the marathon and were effected by this. The league and the bruins have done an excellent job in honoring the victims and supporting the heros.

I am not sure how many people have followed this, but I figured this was as good of a place as any to share. Carlos Arredondo is a peace activist who was running the marathon, you will recognize him wearing a cowboy hat pushing a victim in a wheel chair to get help. He tragically lost both his sons, one in Iraq during service and one to suicide due to the loss of his brother. During the horrific events during the marathon he saved someone's life. One of the many heros. Here is a video of him shortly after the events:

I hope that others can someday heed Martin Richard's advice one day, and not have so much hatred to do such things.

Martin_Richard_Victim_Facebook_Class_Pho

What an emotional night at the Garden. From the opening tribute, the crowd singing the National Anthem, the center ice stick salute at the end of the game from the Sabres and Bruins ending with the USA-USA chant.

Bruins Arena emotional in a Sabres 3-2 win - USA Today

EDIT: Oops, didn't see that Stealth posted the links above.

I loved that they had spools of blue and yellow ribbon for people to cut and pin on their jerseys as they entered the arena.  Very touching that a jersey with the number 8 and the name Martin Richards was draped across the statue of Bobby Orr.

Its been a very surreal couple of days, its like its out of the movies. I am glad they got them both, and the second one alive so he can face his crimes in court and eventually in jail. Boston's people has shown what an amazing town it is this week.

They should walk him down the marathon route and let everyone in Boston throw a stone small enough to fit in their fist as he passes... then finish him off at the bombing site if he makes it there alive.  Hey, I'll even volunteer to carry out that last part myself.  It's better than giving him free room and board on the tax payer's dime for the rest of his days... and considering he's 19, that's a long bill.

They should walk him down the marathon route and let everyone in Boston throw a stone small enough to fit in their fist as he passes... then finish him off at the bombing site if he makes it there alive.  Hey, I'll even volunteer to carry out that last part myself.  It's better than giving him free room and board on the tax payer's dime for the rest of his days... and considering he's 19, that's a long bill.

They do those sort of things in third world theocracies, were better then that, tonight proved it. But I understand the feeling.

Edited by Ichigo-1

While I'm sure the people of Boston would love to do what you suggest jb, the sentiment around town is that they'd like to have a Duck Boat parade along the marathon route with all the first responders, the FBI, SWAT teams, EMT's and all the victims and their families in the boats.

crowd-1_zps9faa924b.jpg

Sorry i havent replied before this, great post  TSA, BOSTON STRONG!    Been a tragic and heroic week for boston, i grew up west of boston, and i am so proud, of the people at the finish line, heros who put their lives on the line,  thank god, the medical tents were right there, the doctors and nurses at the hospitals, ,  makes me  real proud to be from mass... To all the poilce, and fire, everyone! To the victims,  WHAT CAN ONE SAY??,  rest in peace,  EVIL never wins, boston will rise again, it already has!