The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

2013-14 In-Season Canes News, Updates and Talk

I hope you are right.

Good news about Ruutu, we need him in the lineup.

I haven't posted during the wild swings of emotion lately, but every time I start paddling out to Remkin island, doubt keeps pulling me back ashore. It's the damn injury thing that keeps gnawing at me, I just can't see us staying healthy enough all year. Hopefully I am wrong.

Anyway, can't wait to see Lindholm and Bellemoore, whether it's tomorrow or in the near future.

Thats just the Rip Current. You always get bad Rip Currents before the Hurricane approaches. There is a storm a coming! Forecast for tomorrow at 7pm. Go Canes! ;)

Thats just the Rip Current. You always get bad Rip Currents before the Hurricane approaches. There is a storm a coming! Forecast for tomorrow at 7pm. Go Canes! ;)

What category?  ;)

I'll try to ignore the rip-current and make it to Remkn Island :).

Btw, did anyone else see the show on NHL Network called "Driven: The South Is On The Clock?"

It was a show about the top five picks in the 2013 draft. I meant to give a heads up earlier.

Just noticed it is on again on 10/13 at 6:00pm.

Anyway, there were some interesting moments/comments. JR was on the phone and said "I wouldn't trade the pick outright...you are at 23 right?" Our head scout (McDonald?) said "we are building a case to put Lindholm ahead of Drouin." JR asked why he never hears Lindholm's name mentioned with the "big four." When it came time to pick JR said "it looks like we are picking", to which McDonald said "it's the guy we wanted", to which JR said "it looks like you'll get your wish."

I would check it out if you can, seems like our scouting team really like Lindholm, as did I. So if Lindholm is a bust blame the scouting dept.. If he turns out to be one of our cornerstones, I'll take the credit ;).

Just saw the countdown clock drop under 24 hours!

I figured our guys really liked Lindholm. They have been pretty good about picking early. I am very hopeful that Lindholm develops into a top player.

If we get Ruutu back in 10 days? Well I'd take that as pretty good news, and feeling better out here on the Island.

. . . feeling better out here on the Island.

I don't think it's really as much of an island as it may have appeared over the past few pages.  I just think the angst-ridden among us are more prone to post :) .

I don't think it's really as much of an island as it may have appeared over the past few pages.  I just think the angst-ridden among us are more prone to post :) .

I think you may be right. I found some people on the other side of the island and I see some people rowing out here.

Remember that episode of Remkin's Island where the castaways almost got rescued?

Did they look anything like this?

323360628_bbf3a560fc.jpg

or this?

gilligans-island.gif

Well this topic's gone tropical.

Thank goodness its gameday and we'll finally find out what the actual line up looks like, how the team looks for its first real outing and we'll have some real hockey to gripe about afterwards ;)

The national media types might say...

tattoo-and-roarke-225x300.jpg  

Thanks for posting a pic of J and Gerbe :lol:

(I feel like I can joke about Gerbe since I'm the first person to point out that he's short but not really that small :) )

EDIT: ok, I posted the above before I refreshed my screen to see that slapshot got there first.

Edited by LakeLivin

I think my favorite part of the Storm Surge video from today is at around the 11 minute mark: Semin skates up to Justin Faulk and a few seconds later Faulk is smiling and laughing. I'm really glad to see that Alex fits in so well here. So much for being a "locker room cancer."

Finally heard Ruutu's injury was his knee. Has anybody heard any details on the severity? Since he's skating already, it is hopefully only a minor sprain/twist and not a 3rd degree sprain/tear like Eric and Cam had. Gosh I wish we had him back and 100% healthy on the 2nd line!!!

Finally heard Ruutu's injury was his knee. Has anybody heard any details on the severity? Since he's skating already, it is hopefully only a minor sprain/twist and not a 3rd degree sprain/tear like Eric and Cam had. Gosh I wish we had him back and 100% healthy on the 2nd line!!!

I read, I think from Chip, that he could be back in little as 10 days.  Very good news!