The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

2013-14 In-Season Canes News, Updates and Talk

Obviously living in Detroit was too luxurious for them, so here they are. Get ready for this to be a common theme playing Pits, Philly, NYR, et al.

Having been to Pittsburgh and Detroit, I don't blame them for migrating South. ;)

True, but you could also look at all the other Detroit shots that happened to bounce safely away (in our favor). Or the rebound that bounced directly to Gerbe in front of the net.  I don't think you can fairly focus on just that one bouncing a different way. . .

Having said that, I agree with most of the rest of your post.  And note that Semin beat Howard but hit the post on one of the best shots of the night. The first line wasn't entirely silent.

All in all, I think the next game will tell more about this season than this one does.  Hopefully the Canes will come out fired up at the lost opportunity rather than down due to disappointment.

That's entirely my point. It's a game of bounces and I don't feel like we necessarily let them tie it because of lack of effort or ability. 

Edited by Gejustin

I thought we played well. Lots of good things to build on. It was an exciting game to watch. It hurts that they tied it when we were so close to getting a big W and then to lose it in OT. I choose to focus on the positive of at least getting a point. As far as the building being filled with their fans it sucks but its money in our pockets. No one retires and chooses to move up north! :)

Tolchinsky now had 6 goals, 4 assists in 5 games.

Last night the kid only had 1 goal (no assists) in a 4 -0 win.  The smurf is in a slump!  :o 

:lol:SMURF, SMURF, SMURF !!!

Edited by LakeLivin

@ 1:45 (via @vcarneiro @OHLHoundPower)

He obviously looked "SICK" last night  :banana:

THE KIDSKY!!! Oh I give up, LakeLivin is more committed to Smurf.

That goal was indeed sick.

The skill set is sweet. Can't believe this KID went undrafted. Hmmm, maybe I don't give up on the KIDSKY!

THE KIDSKY!!! Oh I give up, LakeLivin is more committed to Smurf.

That goal was indeed sick.

The skill set is sweet. Can't believe this KID went undrafted. Hmmm, maybe I don't give up on the KIDSKY!

One of the great points about Tolchinsky is that everyone knows who you're referring to no matter what you call him.  And if (hopefully when) he makes it to the big time, our nicknames won't matter, it will be whatever the team adopts.  But I do like the way you it sounds when you chant the single syllable word "SMURF", lol . . .

Hey, there were people here who didn't want to take a chance on the kid because he's so small.  Thank goodness JR took a longer term view! 

Edited by LakeLivin

If this team had a decent PP they could easily attain 10-15 or more standings points than they do with a terrible one.

They could also win games like tonight by more than one goal.

Edited by captain_jack88

Well now if the wheels fall off again we know who our next head coach will be....I'm kidding, but at the same time, it is JR.

Curious when Ruutu returns how the lines change. I wouldn't mess with the 3rd line so maybe he takes Dwyer's spot, Dwyer to the 4th line, and send Lindholm down for conditioning.

Edited by whatthefaulk

Well now if the wheels fall off again we know who our next head coach will be....I'm kidding, but at the same time, it is JR.

Curious when Ruutu returns how the lines change. I wouldn't mess with the 3rd line so maybe he takes Dwyer's spot, Dwyer to the 4th line, and send Lindholm down for conditioning.

This is what I'm thinking will happen.

I'm more interested to see how the D shakes up once Gleason returns.  I really like the 3 pairings out there right now.  They are building some nice chemistry together.  My best guess is that Gleason would pair up with Hainsey, moving Bellemore down with Harrison.  Murphy would rotate with Bellemore or stay on as the 7th Dman if the team went that route.

It's kinda weird that we have this kind of depth on D now.  Bellemore and Murphy have both been great. It'll be tough to see them as a scratch.

This is what I'm thinking will happen.

I'm more interested to see how the D shakes up once Gleason returns.  I really like the 3 pairings out there right now.  They are building some nice chemistry together.  My best guess is that Gleason would pair up with Hainsey, moving Bellemore down with Harrison.  Murphy would rotate with Bellemore or stay on as the 7th Dman if the team went that route.

It's kinda weird that we have this kind of depth on D now.  Bellemore and Murphy have both been great. It'll be tough to see them as a scratch.

The defense looks great right now! Until that changes, Gleason can play cards with Komi in the press box!

Discussion on the Peter Laviolette firing can be found HERE

* moved posts concerning Lavi to the Laviolette thread

I'm more interested to see how the D shakes up once Gleason returns.  I really like the 3 pairings out there right now.  They are building some nice chemistry together.

I agree. I think Forslund said on the radio that Gleason may be awhile. I think he would take Bellemore's spot. So long as Murphy's defense isn't horrendous because we need his offensive ability on the backend.