The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

2013-14 In-Season Canes News, Updates and Talk

Was really hoping we could somehow have landed Ference. I agree, JR is probably going to let the dust settle and see what's left after that.

depth signing I guess, not sure it it is a 2-way or not but I am assuming it is.

Edited by Ichigo-1

It's only $700K it's virtually no risk. Let's hope he hits the way he used to. Physically is sorely needed in CAR. I was hoping we could get Ference or Scuderi.

But it looks like the first and second tier players are already locked up. On to the third  and fourth level. Maybe LaRose and Corvo will still be available, maybe we can get both for less than that bag of pucks. I guess we saw the Opportunity parade pass by. Did everybody wave?

Sorry forgot the  :sarcasmalert:

Edited by winger52

Still think we need to add a forward, but bottom line... Sekera, Komisarek >>>>>> Corvo, McBain. We upgraded. Will it be enough to compete with Pitt, Philly, NJ, Washington, NYR, NYI, and Columbus?

My thinking is no. But I've been wrong before.

Our defense is now set. LOVE this signing.

I agree.  The Komisarek signing wasn't on my radar, but I think this is a solid move.  Just need to keep him away from nightclubs....

Love the signing. Was surprised he came so cheap, even after the buyout. Makes me wonder if between Murphy/Bellmore developing, and seemingly Gleason and Faulk being untouchable, if Joni/Harrison become moving options.

Props to Dallas

Reports are that Komisarek has a NMC. So it doesn't look like he will be playing in Charlotte.

From Forslund's Twitter:

Spoke to Muller. Past relationship in MTL huge factor. Utilized in right fashion Komisarek should bolster depth on D. #firforboth

Love the signing. Was surprised he came so cheap, even after the buyout.

High risk due to injury history?

Sorry to say but Komisarek is not an NHL calibre defenseman any more. I hope that we signed him to play in Charlotte.

All the deals this club has taken out of Toronto, he's nearly a lock to be 1st line pairing, kidding on the last part. Toronto not wanting him does not by any stretch make him a bad player.

Compare and contrast Komisarek's public discourse to Grabovski:

Mike Komisarek @mkomisarek 2 Jul

It was a privilege playing for a first class organization like the Leafs even though things did not turn out as I would have liked.

Grabovski: "But if you feel support from your coach [you'll find success]. I don't feel any support from this [expletive] idiot."

Maybe Komisarek learned from Grabo:

Mike Komisarek @mkomisarek 19h

Grabo is all heart and shows it every shift he plays. He's been an awesome teammate and some team will be very lucky to have him.

I love how people already KNOW how a player is going to do here... lets wait and see.. Komisarek, hes solid, as in stature, do i want larose and other smurfs no, but the cap kinna limits us..

Well'p, I made this post in another thread on July 2nd, but it really belongs in this conversation since my peeps are talking about Moose Hedberg now.  He's not a top-tier backup but in my opinion better than Peters.  Nice to know he's been bought out.  Come on JR, make it happen.

peters isnt even close to being close to Moose in skill, sorry petey, hedberg would be huge, probaly 2 much money!