The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

2013-14 In-Season Canes News, Updates and Talk

I like Khudobin as the backup...he's pretty small, if I remember but a solid backup who can certainly give us 15-20 starts.

Komisarek could be a steal....sounds like he is in good shape, ready to go and has something to prove to any naysayers... I like that.

Still think we need to add one more on the wing but that's for later

So far sounds like

Semin Staal Tlusty

Skinner J Staal Ruutu

Dwyer/Bowman Nash Lindholm

Dwyer/Bowman Welsh Westgarth

Gleason/Pits

Sekera/Faulk

Harrison/Komisarek/Murphy/Bellemore

That's pretty good, still need to get Nash a contract but that 3rd line could put up points and be very responsible. 4th line still needs tweaking as Westgarth is not an every day guy.

Khudo seems like a good option to battle with Peters for number 2.  One gets to be number 2 and the other gets to be AHL starter.

Peters on a 1 way deal in 2013-14....interesting to see what happens there.

Khudo seems like a good option to battle with Peters for number 2.  One gets to be number 2 and the other gets to be AHL starter.

not sure but isn't Peters now on a one-way deal

Edited by colliefan

I like Khudobin! Great pick up for a solid number 2 guy. I'm not sold on Komisarek yet. I'm wondering why, if it is no secret we need to definitely strengthen our D, we pick a guy that may or may not get it done. I realize he might be a deal at $700k but I'd rather JR had spent $2 or $3 million to get a solid, proven guy rather that pick up Komi, who spent last year with the Marlies and is hurt more than he is healthy. I hope he works out, but if not, man, that's a tough one. 

not sure but isn't Peters now on a one-way deal

Yes. Which makes me think they will deal him (Peters) before the season starts. If you don't have plans to trade him why would you go out and pick up another goalie on a one-way contract and pay one or the other that much to start in Charlotte?

Peters seems to be destined to be an AHL goalie.  The money he has earned isn't exactly chump change  Hope he has invested it wisely and has used it to prepare for a future career.

Luke said Rutherford also teased a "major" free agent approaching him about a one-year deal with the Hurricanes, although he wasn't optimistic.

The only major guy left that would be considered major is Grabo.  Any one else got any other ideas? 

I forgot about Jagr, thanks PK17

Edited by gocanes0506

no to Jagr, comon, too much money, too much tread on tires, love getting the bruins backup goalie! I watched him alot here, hes a good one!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS KHUDOBIN!!!  :rockon:  :notworthy:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :razz:   :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :notworthy:  :rockon:

lol, im with sucka! Detroit looks like the team to beat in east.. jmo

lol, im with sucka! Detroit looks like the team to beat in east.. jmo

Well---if it is not US--then I'd pull for the Wings any day over Boston or the Pens !!

I like Matt Cooke as a replacement for someone like LaRose. He brings grit, hustle, and little more scoring than Chad as well. Have no idea what kind of money he's looking for. We need some toughness not just jaw jacking.

I'd take Grabo :D I'd take Jagr too. We need veteran presence guys, Jagr can still play and make nice passes. He may be slow, but he isn't pushed off the puck that easily.

Kudos on Khudo, JR! :P

Matt Cooke would be nice on our bottom six.

Schultz signed in LA for 1 year at 700k. Would've been nice :o

Richarson to Vancouver 2 years 1.15 per

Edited by SuckaPunchd

Morrow would of been more than a year contract. I'm guessing it was jagr.

well I doubt Iginla goes for a one year deal seeing his large interest pool.  Morrow? hmmm

well I doubt Iginla goes for a one year deal seeing his large interest pool.  Morrow? hmmm