The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

2013-14 In-Season Canes News, Updates and Talk

Well now, JR has been busy.  I like the acquisitions' potential with this team.  The team is officially improved.  NO EXCUSES THIS SEASON!!!!  Thank you.

The defense is in much better shape and it seems like a much better back-up goalie in net, so the goals vs. goals-against should dramatically change in our favor.  The offense just needs to be consistent on more than one line.

I'm just catching up on all this. Looking at the moves today I would have to think we are a better team now than we were a week ago. It sounds like we may have a another move or two before training camp.

I don't know if I'm allowed to do this, but I made a thread specifically to grade our moves this offseason so far here.

Overall, JR did great on the defense with the cap space we had and in terms of length. I also love Khudobin :D

Really like the Khudobin deal, I was terrified we would go with Peters. His cost came in lower than I expected also, less than Ellis and I feel Khudobin is an upgrade but time will tell.

Pens have 750k in space with three roster spots open.  :twilight-zone:  

Dan Cleary is still available! :o

Also it seems like this big name guy is a center, but can play wing. JR doubts it's ganna happen but says it's entirely possible.

Sounds like Grabo. Probably friendly with Komi, Tlusty.

Edited by SuckaPunchd

I just listened to the JR presser. Looks like we can pencil Komisarek in with Harrison as our number 5 and 6 Dmen. JR said Bellemore and Murphy are not out of the mix and if they had a good training camp we could carry 8 Dmen. I envision maybe Murphy being used like we used MAB last year. I envision Komisarek being used like we used Spacek a couple of season ago. Komi and Harry should be able to move some bodies out of the crease.

Khudobin might turn out IMO to be the steal of this years FA market.

I would still like to see us add a veteran 3rd liner....fingers crossed we will

We (the old guys from this forum) have wanted Iginla for years.  Even talked about trading Eric Staal for him.  Better late than never.

make-it-so.jpg

Edited by jb_online

Pens have 750k in space with three roster spots open.  :twilight-zone:  

Dan Cleary is still available! :o

Also it seems like this big name guy is a center, but can play wing. JR doubts it's ganna happen but says it's entirely possible.

Sounds like Grabo. Probably friendly with Komi, Tlusty.

How about this trade option

Harrison, Dwyer, and Riley Nash.   3.4 -3.625 mil cap (depending on what Riley is re-signed for)

for

Niskanen and Sutter 4,366,000 mil cap

They gain three guys on the roster while gaining another 750k in cap.  They wont be able to afford Sutter after next season and we can make up for our mistake.

Must have been Michael Ryder.  He went 2 years at 3.5 mil per.  That is about the range everyone was speculating and Hockeybuzz says we were vying for him. My guess we gave 3.5 mil at one and NJ was offering 2 years at 2.75-3 and then eventually upped it to 3.5 mil for 2.

From Forslund's Twitter:

Spoke to Muller. Past relationship in MTL huge factor. Utilized in right fashion Komisarek should bolster depth on D. #firforboth

Lets not fall into the trap of thinking Komisarek will significantly change things.

Yes, he's big, but he's also a big wild card and could be a total bust.