The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

2013-14 In-Season Canes News, Updates and Talk

Lets not fall into the trap of thinking Komisarek will significantly change things.

Yes, he's big, but he's also a big wild card and could be a total bust.

His relationship in MTL must have been why we were in on Ryder as well.

Iginla just signed to the Bruins.  So it really does seem like it was Ryder we were in on

1 yr 6 mil

man I wish we could be a Stanley cup contender and then still be able to sign a 6 mil contract to a FA.  :dizzy:

Edited by gocanes0506

Lets not fall into the trap of thinking Komisarek will significantly change things.

It must pain you to be optimistic or happy about anything.  Komisarek is an improvement for the third pairing.

Let's quit telling the rest of us what to think.  Don't you have excuse lists to update?

I have listed 3 LEGITIMATE excuses and those have yet to be added to the list.  Get cracking.

Edited by coastal_caniac

Weiss 5 yrs 4.9 mil per (DET)

Clarkson 7 yrs 5.1 per (TOR)

Stalberg 4 years 3 per (NSH)  (I guy I hope to get but at 2.25 mil per not 3, so Im ok with not getting him)

Bozak 5 years 4.2 per (TOR)

Scuderi 4 years 3.375 per (PIT) great player but 4 years?

Horton 7 years 5 mil.3 per (CLB)  7 years, whoa

Clowe 5 years 4.85m per (NJ)

Ference 4 years 3.25m per (EDM) great signing for next 2 years, they will regret the contract in years 3 to 4

Riberio 4 years 5.5 mil per (ARZ) ewwwww

Alfredsson 1 year 3.5m with bonuses up to 5m (DET) good signing IMO

Cullen 2 years 3.5 m per (NSH) glad we passed on that

Ellis 2 years 900k per (DAL)

Emery 1 year 1.65m (PHI)

Flippula 5 years 5 mil per (TB) holy overpayment batman for a guy with 1 20 goal season

Iginla 1 year 6 mil (BOS)

Matt Cooke 3 years at 2.5 mil per (MIN)  that's a little high IMO

Michael Ryder 2 years at 3.5 mil per (NJ) supposedly we were in on it, I guess that MON connection

Max Lapierre 2 years 1.1 mil per (STL)

Edited by gocanes0506

It is Jagr. Jr's comment was regarding a question on Lindholm. He prefers to play center but can play RW. They were already past the mystery FA question.

Jagr doesn't make any sense, he's a right winger.  JR said this guy prefers to play center.

Isn't Dustin Penner still available? He only played 33 games last year, I believe. He's a big boy and he's a banger. I think the team could potentially afford him.

3rd line is still scary as in scary not so good. ..

It could be scary good..... Dwyer ....Jagr........Lindholm.   Cmon JR get it done. Jagr is willing to take a pay cut. One yr deal, nothing to lose.

It must pain you to be optimistic or happy about anything.  

Please simma down now....

Not everyone here is going to only see the bright (sometimes naïve) side. 

If you really think signing a 700-800k 31-year old D-man that has only managed to start 150-ish games over the last four (4) NHL seasons is a big piece of the puzzle -- more power to you!!  I hope you are right.

Bottom line - Some are happy about making the playoffs once in the last seven years and take pride in their ability to find excuses. Others are not.

Some are willing to hope and always see the bright side. Others are more realistic.

If you feel me and others are sometimes raining on the parade, please don't take it personally, its not like that is the goal, we're just expressing an opinion and see it from another view.

And for the record, I have been happy about a lot here. You (and about 3 others) just seem to remember my posts about Cam (the fact he's NOT a top-5 NHL goalie) and Jordan (his contract being this team's possible #1 problem moving forward).

Edited by Greg-N-Ral

Sometimes stating the facts along can cause an undue rise out those who always see it as half full.. I however totally agree.

A. Cam is not an elite goalie

B. Signing a D-man whos history is Injury prone is not exciting

C. J.Staal contract is way out reality

D. Another year of saying hey Wait until next season..Is NOT acceptable...

and E. please trade Trip Tracy for a Barbe-q Plate, anything.....

Please simma down now....

Not everyone here is going to only see the bright (sometimes naïve) side. 

If you really think signing a 31-year old D-man that has only managed to start 150-ish games over the last four (4) NHL seasons is a big piece of the puzzle -- more power to you!!  I hope you are right.

Bottom line - Some are happy about making the playoffs once in the last seven years and take pride in their ability to find excuses. Others are not.

Some are willing to hope and always see the bright side. Others are more realistic.

If you feel me and others are sometimes raining on the parade, please don't take it personally, its not like that is the goal, we're just expressing an opinion and see it from another view.

And for the record, I have been happy about a lot here. You just seem to remember my posts about Cam (the fact he's NOT a top-5 NHL goalie) and Jordan (his contract being this team's possible #1 problem moving forward).

You just don't get it Greg.  Nobody here expects that the whole board is going to agree on any topic.  Your welcome to your opinion.

It's just, your posts, I mean really, you could frame your opinion in a much better package and all is well.  But you choose to use your eye-poking style that alienates most everybody.

Personally, I think your style is trolling, but that's fine too.  Every once in a while you don't come off as such a ....

Edited by coastal_caniac

I agree on multiple points. Jordan was terrible last year. He has alot to prove this year. Based on last yrs performance his contract is scary. Trip and Chantel have to go. Cam needs to be in shape. Wait until next yr does not fly with me. That is why I dropped my season tkts.

Sometimes stating the facts along can cause an undue rise out those who always see it as half full.. I however totally agree.

A. Cam is not an elite goalie

B. Signing a D-man whos history is Injury prone is not exciting

C. J.Staal contract is way out reality

D. Another year of saying hey Wait until next season..Is NOT acceptable...

and E. please trade Trip Tracy for a Barbe-q Plate, anything.....

I like Khudobin! Great pick up for a solid number 2 guy. I'm not sold on Komisarek yet. I'm wondering why, if it is no secret we need to definitely strengthen our D, we pick a guy that may or may not get it done. I realize he might be a deal at $700k but I'd rather JR had spent $2 or $3 million to get a solid, proven guy rather that pick up Komi, who spent last year with the Marlies and is hurt more than he is healthy. I hope he works out, but if not, man, that's a tough one. 

:goodpost:

It is Jagr. Jr's comment was regarding a question on Lindholm. He prefers to play center but can play RW. They were already past the mystery FA question.

Okay, cool.  I didn't catch that.  Maybe it is.  I have to admit, I'd love to have Jagr around for a year.  But 3.5 mil is going to have to come from somewhere.  The guy can still play.

My concern is putting Lindholm on the third line with smaller guys. If Dwyer is on the third line then the other winger/center better be a big player with some nasty, and/or a big guy who excels at puck possession and winning board battles. Lindholm needs bigger bodies around him until he fills out, or depending on how he looks maybe 2nd line wing with J and Ruutu is a possibility (but he is only 18). I still don't like Skinner at center because I don't trust him defensively so I would prefer the first option. Can't wait to see Lindholm play, I just hope we find the right guys to put around him.