The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

2013-14 In-Season Canes News, Updates and Talk

I'm fairly sure as I proved I can mention any name and this board will take off with it. Not only any name but not even mention Jagr in the sentence and have it tied to me. So yea, I agree with the "What are you people smoking" statement.

Wasn't Mark Flood in our system before?

Played for the Rats from 06/07 to 08/09, played in the KHL last season after doing pretty good in 33 games with Winnipeg the season before. 6'1'' 190lb right shot.

Matt Corrente is a former first rounder (30th), hasn't played in the NHL since 10/11. 6ft 205lb right handed shot.

We're getting some depth defensively right handed-wise

Edited by SuckaPunchd

Wasn't Mark Flood in our system before?

I think he played for Albany.

And Corrente was drafted by NJ in the 1st round in 2006.  Pretty sure that was our 1st round pick.

Weird.

I hope the "big name" is Morrow. He fits our needs much better. Didn't Chip speculate it might be him? Isn't Chip usually spot on? Also, JR has said Linholm will likely make the team, but I think it is much more likely that he plays RW and not center. He played mostly wing last year. I think most draft year players that make the NHL start on the wing. Didn't Staal even play his first season at LW? I think our lines could look something like this:

Tlusty/Staal/Semin

Ruutu/Staal/Lindholm

Morrow/Skinner/Dwyer

?/?/?

I have no idea who JR may be trying to move. It doesn't make sense to move a top 6 and everybody else is cheap. I don't think he would move Dwyer because we already lack penalty killers and he is cheap. I think if Joni were moveable, he would have been moved already. It's got to be the one-ways that aren't going to make the team (Peters, Bowman, Welsh, etc.).

I like the idea of Morrow and would take him any day over Jagr.  Morrow is younger and plays a much tougher game but I was told he has a history of some shoulder/neck injuries and hasn't been the same since.  

Sure sounds like the front office is preparing the fans to lose someone soon..

Jagr's agent saying there is "no timetable" makes sense with what Rutherford said about the player "patiently waiting" for us to make the necessary move(s).

Edited by TheFaulker

Mike Maniscalco ‏@mikemaniscalco 14s
For people wondering about UFA Jaromir Jagr, I have been told by team sources that the #Canes are not actively pursuing Jagr at this time.

Still makes no sense to me to have to move a player 1st...unless it is an internal team budget issue...If this is an elite player who you feel could help you get back to the playoffs...then you pull the trigger & sign him...Then you figure out how to get back under the cap or team budget. 

The longer he stays unsigned the more likely he will be given a better offer by someone else who is willing to pull the trigger.

Definitely ready for this rumor roller coaster to end, I'm tired of looking at twitter every 5 minutes waiting for someone to get traded and signed. JUST DO IT JR. PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY ALREADY.

Canes radio host for pre game, post game and things like that.

Def. a relible source.

ohhh ok

I didn't put that together.  The only times I hear him are when I go to games.  Don't get him here in Greensboro.

But anyways....him saying that right after it's reported that Jagr's agent has said we are a team "on the list" makes no sense.

Edited by TheFaulker

Mike Maniscalco ‏@mikemaniscalco 14s

For people wondering about UFA Jaromir Jagr, I have been told by team sources that the #Canes are not actively pursuing Jagr at this time.

Not actively pursuing might be the same as maybe sitting back and waiting.  Mike's wording was very carefully written

Jagr's agent saying there is "no timetable" makes sense with what Rutherford said about the player "patiently waiting" for us to make the necessary move(s)

No timetable and patiently waiting could = not actively pursuing

Just throwing this out there to stir up some trouble ;)

Definitely ready for this rumor roller coaster to end, I'm tired of looking at twitter every 5 minutes waiting for someone to get traded and signed. JUST DO IT JR. PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY ALREADY.

Trade alert: The Edmonton Oilers have acquired David Perron from St. Louis Blues for Magnus Paajarvi and a 2014 second-round draft pick.

Perron, a 25-year old left-winger, had 10 goals and 15 assists for St. Louis last season. In his NHL career, Perron has 84 goals and 114 assists in 340 games.

Perron has three more years left on his contract at a cap hit of just over US$3.8 million.

Paajarvi has 26 goals and 32 assists in 163 games with the Oilers. he was drafted 10th overall by Edmonton in 2009.

Trade alert: The Edmonton Oilers have acquired David Perron from St. Louis Blues for Magnus Paajarvi and a 2014 second-round draft pick.

Perron, a 25-year old left-winger, had 10 goals and 15 assists for St. Louis last season. In his NHL career, Perron has 84 goals and 114 assists in 340 games.

Perron has three more years left on his contract at a cap hit of just over US$3.8 million.

Paajarvi has 26 goals and 32 assists in 163 games with the Oilers. he was drafted 10th overall by Edmonton in 2009.

I appreciate the effort.

I am really starting to think it's Grabovski. It makes sense of you think about it. He signs a one year deal in a situation where he thinks he can succeed. Then he is in a position to go after a more lucrative long term deal next year.