The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

2013-14 In-Season Canes News, Updates and Talk

Maybe that is a hint that it'll have to be less than 3.5m because that's a rumored number and it's what Cullen signed for and Carolina let him go.]

JR most likely couldn't move anyone and Jagr was running out of patience?

Edited by SuckaPunchd

It's so hard to tell if we are or aren't talking to Jagr.

Agent says we are, which could mean he's trying to make it sound like tons of teams wants him to drive up the price and JR says he isn't to likely drive down the price.

What a cluster from the unknowing standpoint.

Been told that the Hurricanes have had NO DISCUSSIONS with Jagr or Grabovski. Things could change as they like Grabovski.

So you're saying Petr Svoboda's interview with CanesCountry is fake? :o

So we haven't even talked to him, he isn't our mystery guy. Morrow?

Edited by SuckaPunchd

Maybe not Grabo....but Jagr!?!  Might be able to sell this tweet as fertilizer.

Yeah I mean, if we haven't had one talk why was EVERYONE confirming our supposed interest in him.

We need more laugh around here.

Anybody taken a look at the prospect camp lineup?  I might have to take in the game on the last Saturday.  Get a look at Lindholm, Rask, and Murphy and some of the D prospects.

I think it's time to resurrect the image thread.... :thumbsup2:

Edited by coastal_caniac

OK... so... uhhh, yeah. I think it's a no-brainer that the JR has spoken with Jagr's agent... and I hate twitter.

Next point... if JR is signing ANYBODY for around $3M, he's got to clear salary. If he moves a defenseman, one has to be coming back. Who would it be? Probably not one of the two just obtained.

If he moves a forward, he's almost certainly got to move more than Dwyer's $800k. Next highest paid? Tlusty. Not going anywhere after his break-out season. And of course, next highest paid is Ruutu. I'm not a fan of trading Ruutu or ANY of the top 6 forwards. But any salary dumping that's less than $2M just doesn't work with the numbers that have been thrown out there, (Both the mystery FA's potential salary, and Lindholm's potential salary). So I'm curious just how JR intends to pull this off without either moving a top-six forward, or a defenseman. I'm a Pitkanen fan... but if JR thinks he's going to leave, it's quite possible he could trade Pitkanen for another defenseman, cutting salary then sign Jagr. It kinda makes sense if JR doesn't plan to re-sign Pits. That doesn't mean I'd like it, but JR hasn't been asking me if I was OK with the transactions he's made.

Obviously the comments made by Jagr's agent turned into an article on NHL.com... but we're 'not talking' to Jagr right? This is a pretty frustrating week lol.

---

~My wishlist for this off-season includes acquiring a top pairing dman in either free agency, trade, or draft.

~..... and don't lead us on about pursuing a top defenseman and then sign someone like Komisarek or something.

SuckaPunchd, I'm starting to think you are really Nostradamus masquerading as a Caniac!

What an amazing statement you made back in April.   Wow!!

At this point, I'm just sitting back and watching the fireworks. 

Those who want us to grab another d-man, I don't know if we can afford it anymore.  Did you see just how much some of them have gone for the past two years?  We can't compete in the salary race.  Komisarek and Sekera are probably it unless we trade...Joni!

The Jagr saga has me laughing...yes...no...yes...no...maybe.  At this point, I would love to have him, but I won't lose sleep if we don't.  Same goes with Morrow...I watched him in Dallas...and was not impressed.  Loui Eriksson should've gotten the "C" after Modano relenquished it.  Morrow has the talent, but the drive is lacking.

Wow, Tukka Rask won the lottery.   8 years/ $56 million.  And Toronto gave him away why?