The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
DukeCaniac09

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

I read it and liked it too. I got it at noon time saturday when the rush had gone down then I finished it last night. I agree about the epilogue. I wish they told what people did for a living like hermione and if harry became an auror.

OK so for those who are wondering, here's what happens. Harry and Hermione both... no I'm kidding.

I never got into the whole Harry Potter thing. I thought it was childish when the series first started, and by the time I got to where I would read for fun, 5 or 6 books were already out so I never bothered to catch up.

On another note, I'm working on a novel but quickly realized I'm not very good at it, probably because I never liked English in school. I never took a creative writing class and won't be able to get into one before I graduate, so I decided to start getting a few of books on account of the individual authors' exceptional writing styles, both to read for fun and to study their styles. With all the buzz surrounding Harry Potter I've gotten kind of curious... would any of you who've read the books consider Rowling's style to be unusually good?

My ADD doesn't suit well for reading as much as I do enjoy it, I don't think I'd be able to pick it up and read it from book 1 to end, although that is what my wife is doing, so I will just have to go with what she tells me :) I do want to know if they axe off potter :lol:

I bought the book.

I own all 7 of them. I am in love with how JK Rowling writes and I am just amazed at how creative and wonderful everything she has written has been. I would never dream of thinking up something so great. I love how everything came together in the last book, it was fantastic. I could read these books over and over and not be bored. I am pretty sure I have read every book 3 times (I read 1-6 before the 7th book came out so I wouldn't forget anything) they are just marvolous.

Book 7 was not my favourite, I will have to go with 5 being the one I enjoyed most. I didn't like the epilogue. I think it wasn't needed. I would have liked it to just endafter the last chapter. I plan on reading it over again without rushing through it but that will be in a while as I have 3 other books that I need to finish reading first :P

and I don't care what anyone says, I know good writing when I see it. Nerdy or not. ;)

mm didnt read it, haha i dont like reading the books, i just wait until the movie comes out

haha

that doesn't speak real highly of you!

I bought the book.

I own all 7 of them. I am in love with how JK Rowling writes and I am just amazed at how creative and wonderful everything she has written has been. I would never dream of thinkin1g up something so great. I love how everything came together in the last book, it was fantastic. I could read these books over and over and not be bored. I am pretty sure I have read every book 3 times (I read 1-6 before the 7th book came out so I wouldn't forget anything) they are just marvolous.

Book 7 was not my favourite, I will have to go with 5 being the one I enjoyed most. I didn't like the epilogue. I think it wasn't needed. I would have liked it to just endafter the last chapter. I plan on reading it over again without rushing through it but that will be in a while as I have 3 other books that I need to finish reading first :P

and I don't care what anyone says, I know good writing when I see it. Nerdy or not. ;)

But Catherine, there are no Canadians in that series of books or hockey players!!!!LOL

straight to the epilogue, its much quicker than reading front to back ;)

Bwahahahaha. You have to read the whole thing just to say that you read the whole thing though man....

mm didnt read it, haha i dont like reading the books, i just wait until the movie comes out

haha

that doesn't speak real highly of you!

i like reading other books, but i just never could sit down and read a harry potter book, i dont know why it would take like 3 months to read it

so i would just have to wait until the movie came out

Finished reading Deathly Hallows. I think it took me about 10 hours total reading time. LOVED IT so very much. A fitting end to the 10 year adventure!

Finished reading Deathly Hallows. I think it took me about 10 hours total reading time. LOVED IT so very much. A fitting end to the 10 year adventure!

Wow thats 76 pages an hour! I do like 45 pages an hour!

SPOILERS** I got it about 2 on Saturday and finished Sunday morning. I loved it. But I hate how she killed Lupin.. and Tonks.. and Fred.. and Hedwig.. and Mad eye..and Dobby.. and George's left ear. But Mrs. Weasley is my new hero. =P Fred and George were hilarious. I felt really weird reading it. Because I was laughing my head off at the "holey" thing and Hermione's "Merlin's pants" but I bawled when Harry was digging Dobby's grave =( And when I finished reading it. I've been telling my friend for more than a year that Snape had something going on with Dumbledore about his death. She didn't believe me. =P It's kinda sad to think there's no more HP books though. =(

Yeah you definitely need to warn when you are going to post spoilers. You don't want to ruin it for others!!

I think chapters 34-36 were probably some of the best chapters out of any of the book as far as how they were written. Those chapters defintiely got me really emotional

ali: There's a button off to the left when you post that lets you put in spoiler code, which blacks out the text and can only be seen when you highlight it. You can click on that, or just add the following code (minus the spaces inside the brackets) to your post if you want something better than the word "spoiler" in front.

[ spoiler ]Some hidden text[ /spoiler ]

Looks like...

Some hidden text

Best line of the book is when Luna Lovegood said "I believe a circle has no beginning" to the door of Ravenclaw Tower. Haha, I just appreciated that - I'd be a Ravenclaw if I went to Hogwarts.

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure."

I bought the book.

I own all 7 of them. I am in love with how JK Rowling writes and I am just amazed at how creative and wonderful everything she has written has been. I would never dream of thinking up something so great. I love how everything came together in the last book, it was fantastic. I could read these books over and over and not be bored. I am pretty sure I have read every book 3 times (I read 1-6 before the 7th book came out so I wouldn't forget anything) they are just marvolous.

JK Rowling was sued by a local author of a children's book (they did not sell well) from when JK Rowling was a child after (Rowlings) 1st or 2nd book came out that had similar topics and names. It was on 20/20, within one week of lawsuit filed after show aired, they went back to get a comment from author, her attorney stated the author accepted a settlement from Rowlings of undisclosed amount, with this author agreeing to never doing another interview or make any comments about her earlier books she wrote. You have never heard anything else from her (I suspect she is living the high life now).

Although Rowlings may have gotten her base ideas for her books from her childhood of this author, she has written several books since to her credit.

I didn't care for the epilogue much either, but I think I know the reasoning behind it.

If JK Rowling ties loose ends up at the end of the book, it will be much harder for any other person to write spin-offs from it if that makes sense

The book was great! I read it Saturday. The only time I wasn't reading it was when my kids would say they were starving. I fixed them lunch and supper and that was the only time I stopped reading it all day. I will read it again soon. I always like to reread good books because there is always something that I miss.

I am sad that there will be no more books, but I think that she did a good job of tieing everything up.

Good Bye Harry! :(