The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
bossk92

E Staal injured....3rd degree knee sprain/no surgery planned

Yeah.  Just watching the game against the Sweds.  Edler hit him knee to knee.  Staal went down right away and could not put any weight on his leg.  Edler got 5 and a game.  Staal left the game.

Oh man, his thriving in pain on the ice afterwards was scary. There's no way he doesn't miss some serious time next season if that is as bad as it looked.

I don't even know what the *edit* Edler was doing, I don't think he purposely attempted to take out Eric's knee but he certainly made no effort to avoid it either. And him throwing his stick after being kicked has left is just laughable, you probably dealt out a ACL tear and are going to throw a tantrum when you get thrown out? Grow up.

Edited by Blinding

Great, this is absolute bull. Players under 8million dollar contracts or any contracts with NHL should not be allowed to play for anyone else while under contract. Well we're off to a great start next year.

These stupid non-Olympic tournaments are a waste...especially for the NHL'ers.

God I hope this isn't a long-term injury.

Can we pull a "Slap Shot" and place a bounty on Edler?  Please?

That was Matt Cooke blatant!  Edler, welcome to my eternal hatred list!

Edited by AWACSooner

He plays for Vancouver.  I think that is punishment enough.

So did Raffi Torres and Matt Cooke...I'm noticing a pattern here.

Edited by AWACSooner

Although I am obviously devastated and angry, the timing of this injury is actually not that bad. We have a long time before the season starts so Staal can get started in rehab or whatever is required. JR has the time to pick up a second line center such as Ribiero assuming Jordan will take over line 1. Best wishes to Eric.

Aaron Ward @aaronward_nhl 1h

Eric Staal expected to have MRI done at 10AM (Swedish time) and to have diagnosis soon after that. #TSN

Luke DeCock @LukeDeCock 2h

What an amazingly bad hit. Why on earth? RT @emptynetters:

Chip Alexander @ice_chip 3h

Just watched replay of Staal injury. Gut-wrenching. Not a doctor but did not look good.

I watched the game live, after the hit (cheap shot) I felt physically sick. What a forgettable year for this franchise, the black cloud just will not go away. Keeping fingers crossed for some good (relatively speaking) news. I would like to spend some "quality" time with Edler....my emotions are still pretty raw right now.