The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Deadbolt

New Road and Home Sweaters unveiled / Do you like them?

Do you like the new uniforms ?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the New Uniforms ?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know yet

I figured I missed something. Just was hoping it wasn't that obvious.

The helmet in the image that shows "New Storm" on the back of the jersey has a 12 on it, so it's definitely Eric. Was probably taken prior to his injury, but it's still a bit odd.

The Dallas Stars are also unveiling their new logo and jerseys on June 4th, although the logo may have already been leaked.

Not that anyone cares but there it is...

Oh, and to be on topic I am very pleased that we are changing our uni's, they needed it. My two biggest complaints were the piping and the white collars on the home jerseys, good to see that both may be a thing of the past.

Edited by Kyrule

Oh, and to be on topic I am very pleased that we are changing our uni's, they needed it. My two biggest complaints were the piping and the white collars on the home jerseys, good to see that both may be a thing of the past.

My Grandma liked piping. 

So what are we looking at in todays hint...the sleeve, the pants or something else?

just wondering why the Canes have not changed the logo to reflect a hurricane instead of a tropical storm

Maybe the hurricane was sooo strong that it ripped the other flag off the bottom.  Or, maybe it's to confuse the opposing goalies long enough to get the puck by 'em.

So what are we looking at in todays hint...the sleeve, the pants or something else?

This one is kind of confusing to me.  I don't think it's a sock or pants because of the material.  I was thinking it's a shirt tail... about where the "squares" would have been?  I dunno, I'm stumped.

This one is kind of confusing to me.  I don't think it's a sock or pants because of the material.  I was thinking it's a shirt tail... about where the "squares" would have been?  I dunno, I'm stumped.

Dump the Hurricane Flag squares. That's almost sacrilege.  Could be though.  Maybe it is the end of the sleeve. I'm stumped too.

Todays fashion snapshot clearly has our shoulder numbers in black on the white sweater. Unless we have white at the top of our red sweater sleeve. I'm still debating yesterdays picture.  I'm hoping for an oh wow moment when we get to see them but I don't take to change easily.

Piping's gone but it appears the away jersey will have red shoulders. I'd hate to hate it before I see it but I can't see a white jersey with red shoulders looking very good.

Also to be fair it's difficult to tell what I'm looking at and that red in the upper left could be something else.

Edited by legend-1

I was hoping that Red in the background was the Red Sweater in the background. Red shoulders !  I hope not.

I think the red in today's pic is the collar for the away jersey. It seems the new design may be taking a more simplistic approach.

Yeah, you guys are right.  This is the away jersey and it looks to me like the red we are seeing is the same material as the rest of the jersey, the same texture.  I think this means we have red shoulders on the away jersey.  Also there is no silver between the red and white, so it's not the logo/crest.  I guess it could be the collar (but I would imagine the texture would be different - the material would be smoother) and the numbers would be on the upper right.  We know the collar on the home jersey is in fact black... so a red collar on the away jersey would make sense (unless there are red shoulders).  So I guess the 'C' and 'A' patches will be on the other side, now - their upper right.  Because it looks like the numbers are on their upper left.

This also means that the previous photo is probably the shirt tail of the AWAY jersey.  But below the bottom of the photo could be the squares... it would be disappointing if they were omitted in the new design.

The new jerseys might feature the lace-up collars, considering they didn't show the bottom of the front collar in the crest photo.

And hey, I just realized that we now officially have 'throw-back' unis!!  Yay!

I don't think they have red shoulders. I think the black number is on the upper sleeve of the away sweater. I think yesterdays picture of the red bordered by black might actually be a sleeve stripe on the away jersey. White on the upper sleeve with number runs into black and red stripes 3/4 of the way down the sleeve and back to white.

Guessing,Guessing, Guessing.

Upon further review, I think you're right, OBXer.

That would be a first. What amazes me is I'm actually hooked on this exercise.

That is a lot of red in this mornings clue. Looks a little like the old Soviet Red Army team uniforms. I'm guessing the sleeve is tucked down into the glove to hide the bottom of the sleeve and the background is the leggings and socks. But I'm not sure. 

clues

coastal_caniac, perhaps you are running into what I did. (I kept wondering what everyone was talking about.) If so, if you refresh the page, you will hopefully be able to see the "bigger picture".