The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Deadbolt

New Road and Home Sweaters unveiled / Do you like them?

Do you like the new uniforms ?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the New Uniforms ?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know yet

The helmet in the image that shows "New Storm" on the back of the jersey has a 12 on it, so it's definitely Eric. Was probably taken prior to his injury, but it's still a bit odd.

Not arguing but what if the person in the picture is not even a player but an intern for the summer?  I mean, Eric has been away for awhile playing hockey.  I personally think it's just someone wearing his new stuff to show it off.

Regardless, I will remain wearing the jersey I have and hope the change works for them!!!

I have to think anything remotely interesting about these will be revealed at the end. Wake me if that happens.

So are we looking at the front of the away sweater today with logo or a shoulder patch.  Help, this is taking too much time away from work. I'm hooked on this puzzle.

Clue

I think the pic on the 2nd day (red stripe sandwiched between two black ones) is more confirmed as the sleeve stripes based on today's pic.  I still think our new look is going to be very simplistic and basic, just based on what I've seen so far.  Now, this could be different once we see the final product all together.  However, I'm hoping the "warning flag" squares are still involved somehow.  But this also poses another question...I know the main logo isn't going to be messed with, but what about the secondary logo (black triangle with warning flag on the hockey stick)?

I also have no idea what I'm looking at. Probable the away sweater but what is it. I've seen guesses that it is the bottom of the sleeve and a guess it is the bottom of the away sweater.  Where are the Hurricane squares!

I can't believe the flag squares won't be on the uniform somewhere. I'm not sure we have seen the logo yet. I know JR said the logo and colors are the same but that doesn't mean there won't be some visual modification. 

I'm not so sure that is the primary logo. It may well be but they also could be top of the shoulder patches. Ok probable not but I have to have something to play around with while we wait for the great unveil.

How could it be the shoulder patches when the sleeve was in plain view on the road jersey?

I guess I'm just hoping for a very creative photographer and a very big wow factor at the unveiling. Summer heat always makes me delusional.

If the squares are gone I wouldn't be upset, their kinda dated and a new look would need something new and clever.

However if these are the stripes on the bottom of the jersey those Carolina Red Wing jokes might very well come true.

With todays hint I think we have the sleeve numbers down Pic.  Do you suppose yesterdays Pic was taken with the sweater turned inside -out?

What the heck are we looking at today....HERE ?

My guess (call me crazy) is we are looking mostly at the back of the sweater with the shoulder and sleeve pulled forward. It still looks to me like the Hurricane logo we have seen is on top of the shoulder. The collar is definitely black and it looks like there might be laces involved. 

Maybe there will be a wow factor here.

It definitely looks like the shoulder, and it seems that the secondary logo is gone.  So, we haven't seen any "warning flag squares" and no 2nd logo so far.  Another clue that the 2nd logo may be gone or changed is this quote from the article on the main site...

"The team's primary logo and colors will remain intact."

Unless they are hiding something major until they release the full uniforms on Tuesday, I'm seeing a very basic and simplistic uniform, which may not be bad, but I'm not getting terribly excited either.  I like the "squares" and our 2nd logo, which I think makes our uni stand out from the rest.  There's nothing wrong with simplicity, but I fear we may be compared to being an imitator of other teams' uniforms.  Again, unless they're hiding something from us.

It definitely looks like the shoulder, and it seems that the secondary logo is gone. So, we haven't seen any "warning flag squares" and no 2nd logo so far. Another clue that the 2nd logo may be gone or changed is this quote from the article on the main site...

"The team's primary logo and colors will remain intact."

Unless they are hiding something major until they release the full uniforms on Tuesday, I'm seeing a very basic and simplistic uniform, which may not be bad, but I'm not getting terribly excited either. I like the "squares" and our 2nd logo, which I think makes our uni stand out from the rest. There's nothing wrong with simplicity, but I fear we may be compared to being an imitator of other teams' uniforms. Again, unless they're hiding something from us.

It has been confirmed the AlternTe jerseys are staying the same and not being retired. So those who liked the squares you still have them on your third jersey. To me, the black bar bordered by thin white and red are the tails to the home jerseys, and the white and red alternating bars are the tails to the away jerseys. But hard to tell since the numbers and letters are now black on the away jerseys. Either they chose a ridiculous color combo that doesn't match from the torso to the sleeves, or they are taking some super close ups and confusing us all. Edited by SuckaPunchd