The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Deadbolt

New Road and Home Sweaters unveiled / Do you like them?

Do you like the new uniforms ?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the New Uniforms ?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know yet

I think they are taking super closeups and laying the sweater in creative ways. I really think we haven't seen the front logo yet. I also think the Hurricane Flag squares will be on the sweater and the sweater will have laces. 

I know I know I'm probable wrong but thats what I think

I really liked the squares, it's unique to the Canes.  I hope they don't do away with them.

It looks like the shoulder patches are definitely gone when you can clearly see the "R" in Reebok in today's shot, so that tells me we have seen the main logo.

I don't know anymore OBX'r.  Color me confused.

I really liked the squares, it's unique to the Canes.  I hope they don't do away with them.

It looks like the shoulder patches are definitely gone when you can clearly see the "R" in Reebok in today's shot, so that tells me we have seen the main logo.

I don't know anymore OBX'r.  Color me confused.

I know. I'm sure I'm more wrong than right but thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

I really don't know either. Maybe the next two clues will give us a better idea.

uni_road4.png

Seems spot-on.

Seems to me as well, given PK's ties to Detroit it looks heavily influenced by that, and a small dash of MTL on the shoulders. It does give it a more "classic" hockey look I will say.

You're right, Blinding, that looks about like what we've seen thus far.  Reverse the jersey and socks for the home version?  White shoulders and stripes at home?

God I hope we don't have white yokes on the home jersey.

Would definitely look weird... but nothing at all would be really plain, too.  Kinda painted into a corner here.

Color me doubtful but if that is the case at least I got the sleeve number and collar string right.

That concept doesn't look BAD, but we will be accused of totally copying the Team Canada jersey and be prepared for the 'Candy Canes' insults in force.

Is it anti-PC to give a shout out to the Canes marketing, since everything else the org does seems to be scrutinized as thin in results?

I think the whole sneak-a-peek concept for the new uniforms has been pretty dadgum successful.

Is it anti-PC to give a shout out to the Canes marketing, since everything else the org does seems to be scrutinized as thin in results?

I think the whole sneak-a-peek concept for the new uniforms has been pretty dadgum successful.

I agree.  It will only be considered a success if people like the end results - the uniforms.  I mean, we appreciate the clever work by the marketing department... but the public at large will just wrap it all up into one package and could reject it all if the new unis are a miss.  Even then, being successful on the ice could nullify any failed rebranding attempt.

I'd give them a solid A for this delayed unveiling.  It's generated 7 pages and almost 100 posts in the offseason.

Edited by jb_online

With todays hint I'm conceding I was not looking at shoulder patches but the logo. I don't see laces on the sweater in this pic. I do like the look in this picture.  I can't wait for the reveal.

Guess the red shoulders on the white away are out based on what I can see on today's reveal.

That's what I thought initially, but I think there still might be enough room for the yoke to be there. I think the top of the picture ends about where the yoke would begin. The white in the lower left corner of the pic of the red shoulder is what really convinces me that the shoulder is red. I think the white is too high to be the logo, and the texture of the white looks like jersey so I don't think it is the edge of the "C" either.

As a note, the home jersey will be a little different than the concept because the teaser shows two black stripes separated by a red stripe, not a single black stripe.

Of course I could be completely wrong about everything...

Edited by Kyrule

It sure does look like the home and away sweaters will be different. I'm still holding out for the Hurricane squares to appear somewhere on the uniform. I don't accept change easily so I expect it will take me awhile to warm up to the new look. I never liked the piping so it might not take me that long.