The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Deadbolt

New Road and Home Sweaters unveiled / Do you like them?

Do you like the new uniforms ?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the New Uniforms ?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know yet

I see laces.....pic

YESSSSS WOOOOOOO! I've wanted laces since they announced the RBK edge jerseys in 06/07

As for the Home and Away jerseys being different other than color. I think that's a smart move by the organization. I think it'll result in more jersey sales. some my like the away design better and some will like the home design better. Not to mention it'll add some diversity in the arena.

Edited by SuckaPunchd

If there's no red shoulder yoke on the away I think the pants have a good chance of being black and that could look pretty slick. If it's got a red shoulder yoke they'll be red.

Edited by legend-1

I think they're on the socks. That would be the most ideal place for them in my opinion. I heard other theories, like the inside of the collar, but why bother with that?

Plus the material looks like the flexible nylon they use in the collar.  I've never seen the socks close enough to figure out what kind of texture/pattern they have, Sucka.  It's possible, but I see it as a cop out so they can say "Well, they are still on the uniform."

Laces and Squares. It doesn't get better than that. :spin:

I have no idea where the squares are. But they are there.

It does look like the flags are on the collar. The only other possible place I think it could be is on the bottom of the shorts. The old ones had a solid black stripe.

I'm pretty sure it's the inner collar now, look at Nashville's jerseys inside the collar, they have the piano keys. Someone did a mock up based on the teasers and basically the home is team Canada with the hurricanes logo, while the always are like one of New Jerseys old jerseys. But we don't really have to wait much longer to know for sure. :P

Good gosh its like Christmas Eve. Can't we just unwrap one of the sweaters tonight..maybe the road jersey.

Do I buy one of the new jersey and forgo about 6 home games next year? ($50 is my limit for tickets on Stub-hub).  They have to be a measurable improvement over the current ones for me to get one.

I'm getting one, just not this coming season. My Semin jersey didn't get much game action since we nosedived, so I gotta wear that one in. Plus the next jersey I get I think will be a Tlusty, so I'll have to wait for his extension/resigning.

They are out.  Most of your final guesses are spot on.  The front logo is smaller, to help flexibility.  The flags are in the collar.  You can't see them unless it is hung up.  Laces, yes.  Plain pants.

I like the away jerseys better than the home.  I feel the home jerseys are missing something.  As I was thinking, they went with a more classic, simplistic look overall.  I'm going to miss the warning flags on the outside, but they are still there.

I like the away jerseys better than the home.  I feel the home jerseys are missing something.  As I was thinking, they went with a more classic, simplistic look overall.  I'm going to miss the warning flags on the outside, but they are still there.

I think it is the black and silver accents on the striping.  The bottom half of the torso or arms is very plain.

Kind of reminds me of when I see old first year jerseys with the white-only name lettering.

Oh, they also say they changed the font.  The new font is straight up/down with no leaning bias.

I don't hate them. I don't love them. I wasn't wowed.I hope they will grow on me. I think I'll keep my classic sweater.

Road jersey is nice. Home jersey looks very plain. I prefer the jersey style before the Reebok jerseys. The new ones don't seem better, just different.

I'm very underwhelmed. With the Home uniforms they should've had the pants some other color, all red gives it a real bland and boring look. I like the laces, but about everything else on the home unis is just boring.

The away Uniforms are pretty neat, I like them way better than the home ones. But honestly, I'd take our old uniforms with all their 'flaws' over both of these. :( I'm disappointed.

I think over time and in person the home ones will look a lot better than they seemed today.

The nameplate on the away ones is nice.