The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Deadbolt

New Road and Home Sweaters unveiled / Do you like them?

Do you like the new uniforms ?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the New Uniforms ?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know yet

The crest being higher up kills the Away jersey for me, and I think I'd quite honestly prefer the Devil-esque Home concept I posted over this Team Canada rip.

I can't add much, most of it's been said but if a random ESPN guy can tell this

"That home uni looks so generic, so minimalist, and the loss of the warning flag pattern robs the team of a big share of its identity."

then you would think a designer would get it.

Home Jersey makes me want to yak, if the Red Wings and us both accidentally wore our home uni's to the same game no one would have a freaking clue who to pass to.

Stripes and more stripes. As others have said, too much red in the home. Away jersey will grow on me, but missing the warning flag design. "Hanger design" ? Yeah, like the guys really compliment each other on how it looks in the locker room on a hanger.

Everything that needs to be said has pretty much been said, which makes it even more frustrating because apparently it is obvious. The aways are decent, but the homes need help. I prefer a simpler is better approach but this is a bit much...or should I say not enough. Something more blatant to maintain our identity would have been nice. At least we didn't end up with some busy or cartoonish crap.

Still, like someone else said, it is hard to believe someone was paid to do this. Ask a 5 year-old to draw a hockey jersey and you likely end up with our home sweater...or our entire home uniform for that matter.

Edited by Kyrule

I look at the home jerseys and like everyone else , to me they look very original 6 , but at the same time , people could compare them to Detroits home Jerseys , Team Canadas Jerseys , Or even the yotes jerseys  , 

if you were to add black to them them in some small fashion , they would look at lot better  but in the end they would look kinda like the new jersey devils jerseys also . 

and like many others , I personally feel the removal of the warning flag strips steals the identity of the canes ,  which made it very clear they were the canes .  sure watching the team in the stands or on tv , you might not be able to make out the design of the warning flag pattern . but  when looking at the new uniforms , you get the sense that something is missing.  

as for the away uniforms , they sorta remind me of an old school calgary flames design .  i like the away jerseys  , but still that important warning pattern is missing .  i think over the next few years , the canes management will throw away their ego and do the right thing by adding that warning pattern to the uniforms , but until then . we canes fans and the players will just have to deal with them for the time being 

Edited by Canesfanforever

Still, like someone else said, it is hard to believe someone was paid to do this. Ask a 5 year-old to draw a hockey jersey and you likely end up with our home sweater...or our entire home uniform for that matter.

......or maybe not.

“The process of making these changes began several years ago,” said Rutherford. “We are pleased with the results, and proud that our team was able to design the new look internally.

I started watching the video on how they designed it and I couldn't finish it. I'm getting disgusted and will now go take a nap or something.

as it done in a design class in middle school? No esy eill  spend the big bucks on one of the jersies.  I will just wait for the old ones to go on the clearance rack at the Eye. This way I can get my

Joe Btfsplk

jersey..   Don't have to worry about him getting traded

Well a few thoughts, I like the away jersey at least its somewhat different and has some nice elements to it. The home is ok very RED to say the least and as others mentioned almost team canada and red wings. laces are a plus. I wish they would move from the toilet bowl swirl to the flag logo from the third jerseys. Maybe I just need to get up close and personal with it to judge it better.

......or maybe not.

“The process of making these changes began several years ago,” said Rutherford. “We are pleased with the results, and proud that our team was able to design the new look internally.

An intern?

An intern?

NHL 13 jersey maker :D I think they should have seriously considered consulting some outside sources before doing this, looking around in a few hockey boards and news outlets, pretty much everyone is mocking our "new" jerseys. I only hope that the stars muck it up just as much so that ours don't look as bad lol.

Edited by Ichigo-1

An intern?

Worse..It sounds like by committee.

You have the group of people who put it together, and then you have another group of 8 or 10 people that have an opinion. When you have that many people, there are going to be varying opinions,” Rutherford said

I really don't like them. I dislike the road uniform more then the home. I do hope they grow on me. They probable will but the unveiling today was underwhelming.

I think the home jerseys are very, very plain. Clean looking, yes-

exciting---no, not especially. I really like the away jerseys better.

I love the red shoulders. That is an exciting change to me.

I miss the warning flags.

The home jerseys are "clean" looking-yes-but so

very, very plain---and RED !! White laces only nice addition.

I do like the away jerseys. They "pop", to me! I miss the warning

flags--which made our jerseys look different from all others.

The home jersey needs black. No doubt about it. Suckas mock up looks so much better.

wish they would simply make the home jersey the reverse of the road jersey.  but instead of white use black

Edited by colliefan

The truth is that no-one cares what a teams jersey looks like when they get in the playoffs and win the SC. So, unless we want to hear about our new jersey design all next season we better start winning and shut people up.

I have never heard "great SC win, but their jerseys suck"

After looking at the home uniform after some time I would say it grew on me...LIKE A TUMOR! 

The one word that jumps to mind on the home uniform: Throwbacks. 

And then after fishing today I think of throwback as a verb.

Someone DO something!! :shock:

The thing is, it's one thing to mess up the away uniforms, but we have to go see these. 

One other question. How often can we wear the alternates? Every game?

I too like the  away, like the  black   C...  The home one reminds me for some odd reason of the russian uniforms diring the 80s..