The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Deadbolt

New Road and Home Sweaters unveiled / Do you like them?

Do you like the new uniforms ?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the New Uniforms ?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know yet

Now, I know they won't do this, but if they put the "warning flag" stripe back where it was on both jerseys and add a little black to the other stripes on the home jersey, I think we could have a solid looking uniform set.

I'm disappointed.  I didn't like the idea of changing them to begin with.  The teaser photos were fun to decipher, but at the same time I'm thinking "This is not better, it's just different."  Now, the unveiling has just confirmed my fear.  We've lost our identity.  The design statement focused on 'simplicity' and 'clean'.  If by 'clean' you mean remove all uniqueness, then yes you were successful.  If by 'simplicity' you mean boring, congrats on a mission accomplished.

In the beginning, our inception, it was about capturing symbols that made NC a special addition to the NHL.  Now, it seems to be capturing identity of those who came before us.

The fact they took two years to develop these is ridiculous.

Dallas Stars unveiled their new jerseys tonight:

eG3fIEK.jpg

And I thought ours were bad... :thumbdown:

I'm disappointed.  I didn't like the idea of changing them to begin with.  The teaser photos were fun to decipher, but at the same time I'm thinking "This is not better, it's just different."  Now, the unveiling has just confirmed my fear.  We've lost our identity.  The design statement focused on 'simplicity' and 'clean'.  If by 'clean' you mean remove all uniqueness, then yes you were successful.  If by 'simplicity' you mean boring, congrats on a mission accomplished.

Mrs. Spy Hunter's first comment was where are the flags. Despite going to games for 10 years with me, to this day the only icing she understands is what's on the cinamon buns. But she knows what the flags are because they are unique. Kinda makes you wonder who comes up with this stuff.

After looking at the home uniform after some time I would say it grew on me...LIKE A TUMOR! 

The one word that jumps to mind on the home uniform: Throwbacks. 

And then after fishing today I think of throwback as a verb.

Someone DO something!! :shock:

The thing is, it's one thing to mess up the away uniforms, but we have to go see these. 

One other question. How often can we wear the alternates? Every game?

LOL.

how about making a distinction in the poll:

Home ???

Away  ???

Far be it from me to suggest something like this.  But I will anyway, even though it's too late. :thumbsup2:

I may be in the minority but I think the road's rock.  Reminds me of the Dawg's unis back in the 80's.  How can you not like that?  But seriously, it's not enough to vote I just don't like the changes hands down.

Didn't another team's fanbase get a jersey tweak done.  Nashville maybe?

Edited by coastal_caniac

I don't really have a huge problem with the away jerseys, but I think the home jerseys need to have black in the stripes. The fact that the collar and logo have black in them makes the top and the bottom of the home jersey unbalanced.

Not to impressed with them home jerseys. Maybe a black shoulder would help them. The away jerseys have a better look to them.

I'm not voting yet, still deciding.

I do like the away jersey/uniform. At first I thought it was ok, now I like it.

The home jersey is so close to being nice, it is a shame. I would like the stripes to be black and a little thicker with small white trim...but that is me.

One positive is that I do think the new uniforms will look good on the ice...even the home jerseys. I like the new black collars, laces on home jersey, smaller logo, shoulder yoke/name plate thing, etc., so there are some good things. Just wish they added a little more to the home jersey, namely some black (as has been said numerous times already).

So very disappointed. The homes are plain, too much red and look way too much like other jerseys. The aways are ok, but I immediately thought of Montreal when I saw it. meh....Glad we still have the black ones. If I buy a new one, it will be black. Like others said....they paid someone to come up with these designs?

After looking at the home jerseys again, in particular the back, where the numbers are outlined in black, I think that they would be significantly better if the white stripes also were outlined in black.

Dallas Stars unveiled their new jerseys tonight:

eG3fIEK.jpg

When the new logo leaked, now the shoulder patch, people were saying prepare for the Starbucks jokes...

Home jerseys are too red and white and too plain. Having flags

inside the collar where they can't be seen is just silly.

At the very least---and the only change that could be made at

this late date, is to put the a pair of vertical warning flags

on one shoulder (or if they insist on "balance" then a single

flag on each shoulder.)

My $.02---but I will never buy one of those. Can't believe

it took two years to come up with these.

Edited by UNCCaniac8

Like the away jersey. Home jersey is too plain!!!!! Needs black strip at the bottom between the 2 white stripes and on the sleeve. Maybe the NHL will put a new rule in place - white jersey at home.

And sans serif - really??????

And sans serif - really??????

for print media sans  serif font improves the readability of the text.  don't think it makes that much of a difference on the back of a uniform

That may be a bit overkill on the warning flags, but they definitely need to return the flag strip to the bottoms of the shirts.  But this shows you can have a simple looking jersey like they wanted, yet still keep our unique identity with the warning flags.  Can anyone send these pics to the Canes organization?

I think that when Dallas plays the 'Canes this year it's going to look like someone dropped a big bucket of Christmas mint candies onto the ice.

...and I think the fonts are copies of the ones used by.....horror of horros.....the Washington Capitals