The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Deadbolt

New Road and Home Sweaters unveiled / Do you like them?

Do you like the new uniforms ?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the New Uniforms ?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know yet

I've got it. I keep thinking those home uniforms just need a touch. A little something more. Then it hit me:

Capes!

Edited by remkin

Concerning the jerseys, this quote says it best:

Still, unless the product on the ice improves, this is all superficial. The real issue facing the Hurricanes isn’t the jerseys they wear. It’s who wears them. When people clamored for a new look for the franchise, this isn’t what they meant. :thumbsup:

It is about time that the NHL flip jerseys again making the whites the home jersey.  Maybe the Canes organization knows something we don't know.

IMO, the away jerseys are OK and have potential to grow on you. However, the home uniforms are yucky!! As someone pointed out yesterday, the jersey is the Team Canada jersey, Can't believe the in-house staff took "years" to come up with it when Canada had it all the time! I believe the home jersey and socks can be greatly improved with simple black stripes outside the white stripes as somebody also posted here yesterday.

Maybe the uni's were designed by the player development or scouting staffs.

In fairness to the designers its said their first task was to dump the Hurricane Flags (squares) I think the statement fans thought they looked to much like NASCAR must have been gleaned around a water cooler. But if that was their task they were behind the eight ball before they started. I think the squares actually made us unique and gave us our tradition.They poured two years work into it and I'm sure they thought they had a winner.

I'm also sure it is way to late to change the uniform design but maybe they could put the flags on the stockings. If they were placed between the stripesit might look ok. It might not be as sleek as they visualized but would restore our "heritage". I know the franchise is only 15 years old here but it hasn't been without tradition. It would be an easy fix to give us something back we want.

In the end the play on the ice will be the determining factor.

Concerning the jerseys, this quote says it best:

Still, unless the product on the ice improves, this is all superficial. The real issue facing the Hurricanes isn’t the jerseys they wear. It’s who wears them. When people clamored for a new look for the franchise, this isn’t what they meant. :thumbsup:

I'm so completely on board with this.  Fix this complete mess of a defense and start winning some frikin games.  Get the focus back where it should be.....on JR doing his job.  New uniforms alone won't accomplish that.

I love the road/white jerseys. The red shoulders is a good look. The home/reds are a little plain, but I'll reserve my opinion until I see them live.

Sorry I've been away! Was out of action for quite sometime and missed out on a couple GDT I volunteered for. I'll understand if you want to trade me away....

I like the white jerseys, don't like the red. Just voicing what everyone else has said. Black pants would be nice to break up all that red. And what does this do to the 3rd jersey? And another thought, does this mean the Checkers will be going to similar jerseys as well?

After long consideration, I am sorry to say I do not like the new jerseys because the "Warning" symbol should be there.  That's part of the atmosphere we want to create.  It's very symbolic of the intensity a Hurricane and makes people fear it.  If they had left the warning symbols on the jerseys, I might have had a different opinion.

I'm not in love with them, but I feel like they're an improvement in a lot of ways. This won't change anything for me as the only thing that matters is getting some wins.

I love the road/white jerseys. The red shoulders is a good look. The home/reds are a little plain, but I'll reserve my opinion until I see them live.

love it thst  Mr Haney has a new job, but the twenty-somethings probably have no clue of his identity

In fairness to the designers its said their first task was to dump the Hurricane Flags (squares) I think the statement fans thought they looked to much like NASCAR must have been gleaned around a water cooler. But if that was their task they were behind the eight ball before they started. I think the squares actually made us unique and gave us our tradition.They poured two years work into it and I'm sure they thought they had a winner.

I'm also sure it is way to late to change the uniform design but maybe they could put the flags on the stockings. If they were placed between the stripesit might look ok. It might not be as sleek as they visualized but would restore our "heritage". I know the franchise is only 15 years old here but it hasn't been without tradition. It would be an easy fix to give us something back we want.

In the end the play on the ice will be the determining factor.

Yeah, hearing that I wonder if they have any clue what their fans really like/want. Because general consensus is no one wanted to see them completely removed (hiding them behind the collar doesn't count as being on the jersey for me), and that was their starting point. I think the things most people disliked about our jerseys were the sleeves and faux yoke piping. They say they wanted to simplify things, so what they should have done is small tweaks, not remove everything that gives us our identity besides our main logo. They even removed the Storm Flag patches, which is beyond me. It doesn't give the jerseys a "clean" look, it gives them a boring and practice jersey look.

I understand the sentiment in keeping the only main logo we've had, that logo and hockey are pretty synonymous in the Carolinas.

EDIT: as for the new Dallas uni's, I like their new color, and the more I see the logo the less I hate it. At least they have laces on both jerseys. Wish I could say that about Carolina's new uni's. Dallas's new getup reminds me of the Whalers. D in a Star = Dallas Stars. H in a W = Hartford Whalers. And the color helps significantly. Maybe it's just me. I think if management wanted a throwback uniform, to make an alternate Whaler setup, trying to create a Carolina one was a big mistake.

My favorite part of Luke's article:

If there’s an issue with the new look, it’s that it’s so simple it veers dangerously close to generic and anonymous. Tear off the (much smaller but otherwise unchanged) logo on the front, and there’s nothing to indicate it’s a Hurricanes jersey at all. You could just as easily slap on a maple leaf for Team Canada, or any other logo for that matter – especially the home reds with the lacing at the neck...

Edited by SuckaPunchd

Could be worse... much worse...

I always thought they could've gotten creative and created their own font that fits a Hurricane theme. Like the 'Avs had their own for awhile, and the Wild. But then again, JR is throwing away all originality, so.

And @hopper, welcome back! I've said the same thing among friends about black pants on the home uniforms, but if they did that the uniform would literally be Team Canada's with a Hurricanes logo on it. It's so ridiculously obvious of a copy that I wish we did do black pants then got sued. Sorta.

Edited by SuckaPunchd

Home jerseys ... that's a lot of red. Don't like them.

Away jerseys ... not bad.

As others have said, I miss the warning flags.  I defintely won't be buying any.

Black pants may be more a fsahion statement, but I think of something Don Cherry said.

He said the Bruins goalie (Cheevers) hated the black leggings in Boston since he'd lose the puck more often when screened.  He preferred the gold/yellow for contrast with the puck.

Sorry I've been away! Was out of action for quite sometime and missed out on a couple GDT I volunteered for. I'll understand if you want to trade me away....

You were traded to Buffalo for a member to be named later, tough break for you ;)

Black pants may be more a fsahion statement, but I think of something Don Cherry said.

He said the Bruins goalie (Cheevers) hated the black leggings in Boston since he'd lose the puck more often when screened.  He preferred the gold/yellow for contrast with the puck.

Makes sense, that's why I'd go with a black liner on the bottom of the pants to break up ALL THAT RED

Great picture and location! Will Arnold be around later?

You were traded to Buffalo for a member to be named later, tough break for you ;)

Makes sense, that's why I'd go with a black liner on the bottom of the pants to break up ALL THAT RED

So did I take Kevyn Adams old spot? I guess we need to see the product on the ice to determine if this change will result in a different team on the ice.