The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Canesfanforever

In the off season , who would you like to see join the canes ?

Not to rain on the defense parade, but I doubt we pick another dman given our Cap space as Coastal pointed out. 

The key need is still the scrappy tough but can produce third liner and and ABP back up goalie (anybody but Peters).

That said I am really thinking Sekera>>>>>>McBain will help ALOT.

we do have the farm to look at in the off season to fill in those roles we need .  as for making any trades .  if it cost us skinner then thats a no go . i wont hear it  . 

We got our D. JR is going to throw a few offers around at the free agency, he usually does, and not expect anything substantial to come from them. Then he'll look over the list of UFA players and find the cheaper ones who have once held promise or have potential to be effective given the right role and scoop them up. As far as backup goalie, there's a few that look real nice. Like Nabokov, Thomas. We may actually get someone like Hedberg from NJ, seeing as they now have 3 goalies. Wonder how much the Moose costs?

We still could use that gritty but some scoring third liner and please don't tell me we're going with Peters. 

I'm not saying we don't need one more solid dman to be complete, but how do we pay for it? I guess trade Joni is possible, but would we get fair value? 

Focus on third line and back up goalie.

for a back up goalie why not 

Ilya Bryzgalov  

We probably wouldn't need to spend as much as he'd demand for our backup. It is posible if he takes very low pay but I just dont see it.

How will the some of the Canes fans react if the new goalie has the "HOT" hand in camp and preseason, it could happen. Then our "elite" becomes a backup. The twists and turns of a professional career. Supposedly every one has an equal chance for a top spot. 

Edited by winger52

We're not getting anyone.

you are probably right .   i think rutherford is banking on the idea of the canes using what they already have and not making any more moves , may it be through trade or  free agency 

I would love to see us get Sekera from the Slugs, Komisarek from the Leafs, and Khudobin from the B's.  That'd be totally awesome if we could get those three...  ;)

I would love to see us get Sekera from the Slugs, Komisarek from the Leafs, and Khudobin from the B's.  That'd be totally awesome if we could get those three...  ;)

2ac29_surprised-cat1.jpg

Ryan McDonagh...trade for Riley Nash, Matthew Corrente, and maybe a conditional 3rd round in 2015.

Just a thought...LOL!