The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
CardiacCaniac

Long time fan new to the forum!

Hey just wanted to introduce myself since I just joined the forums!

I hope to get involved with some discussions with you guys, also Im from Kitchener so I've followed the Rangers for quite some time. Split season tix with a group of friends, so I go to about half of the season games. If you guys have any questions on the Rangers and other OHL teams I should be the guy!

Thanks!

Hey just wanted to introduce myself since I just joined the forums!

I hope to get involved with some discussions with you guys, also Im from Kitchener so I've followed the Rangers for quite some time. Split season tix with a group of friends, so I go to about half of the season games. If you guys have any questions on the Rangers and other OHL teams I should be the guy!

Thanks!

Any inside info/behind the scenes stories on Skinner or Murphy when they were with the Rangers?  We'd love to hear some history, fun facts or little known instances that you might have witnessed at games or heard about.

One of my Rangers moments I will never forget was game 4 in round 3 of the 09-10 playoffs. Unfortunately the Rangers ended up losing this game and the series, but it was just an amazing back and forth game. The Rangers came in as underdogs against Taylor Hall's Windsor Spitfires and were up 3-0 in the series. I remember it was 4-1 spits going into the 3rd and 2 minutes in Tipoff scored to make it 4-2 then later in the period on the PP Skinner potted one and 20 seconds later Akeson scored to make it 4-4. Obviously everyone at the time thought we were bound to win the game. The noise after that goal compared to the noise in the 2008 mem cup, which was crazy. Then Henrique scored to make it 5-4 spits followed by Chris Mackinnon's goal to make it 5-5, then Taylor Hall scored the game winner. An absolute crazy game, but unfortunately the Rangers ended up losing the series 4-3 in a heartbreak year.