The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
truecaniac163

Micheal Vick

What does everyone think of this?

I think it is disgusting, he should be banned from football if convicted though Jon Stewart said he was "just trying to be a two sport athlete".

I think it's funny as @*#^ that he got caught! Cocky @$$ thinks he can get away with anything just cause he's got money and he's an NFL quarterback.

Plus that's just sick stuff. He should be banned from the NFL.

Being an dog lover, I find it sick. If convicted, I say hang him by.. well, I can't say how he should be hung, seeing how it's a family forum. But, Ricky Williams smokes some weed, and BOOM! Dealt with right away. Vick is indicted, and Nikes standing by him, the Falcons (I think the GM is a BIG dog lover) are behind him, just "mentioning" he should take a leave of absence. What a load..

Though I personally believe he did the horrid, repugnant things he has been accused of, I can't claim to know everything about this situation, and I do still believe in the concept of innocent until proven guilty. I will, therefore, let the legal system do what it has to do to prove to a jury that Vick is, in fact, a criminal, or, if it cannot, accept that he did not commit a crime.

More than likely, it'll be simpler than a trial. Vick will get together with his lawyers, and agree to plead guilty to some lesser crime in exchange for busting the other three accused in the case. He'll get off with a few hundred hours of community service and a fine (mind you, a seven-digit fine). Also, of the four indicted by the Grand Jury, Vick is the only one whose name will mean anything if he goes around giving speeches about why what he did was wrong to 12-year-old children. The government will see an outlet to preventing more of this in the future, and someone who they can also fine a bigger amount than the others, who likely don't HAVE the nine-figure bank account Vick has. Fair? No, but when has the government EVER been fair?

Though I personally believe he did the horrid, repugnant things he has been accused of, I can't claim to know everything about this situation, and I do still believe in the concept of innocent until proven guilty. I will, therefore, let the legal system do what it has to do to prove to a jury that Vick is, in fact, a criminal, or, if it cannot, accept that he did not commit a crime.

More than likely, it'll be simpler than a trial. Vick will get together with his lawyers, and agree to plead guilty to some lesser crime in exchange for busting the other three accused in the case. He'll get off with a few hundred hours of community service and a fine (mind you, a seven-digit fine). Also, of the four indicted by the Grand Jury, Vick is the only one whose name will mean anything if he goes around giving speeches about why what he did was wrong to 12-year-old children. The government will see an outlet to preventing more of this in the future, and someone who they can also fine a bigger amount than the others, who likely don't HAVE the nine-figure bank account Vick has. Fair? No, but when has the government EVER been fair?

Agreed. While I believe that he has committed the crime, that is not up to me to decide if he is guilty or innocent. I would want to be innocent until proven guilty regarding anything I have or haven't done. I think the entire thing of dog fighting is inhumane and ridiculous(sp?), and I think that Nike should void out the contract. I have nothing to do with Nike now until otherwise.

If enough negative sentiment is expressed by the public, Nike will pull their contract with Mr. Vick, thus eliminating a vast chunk of his revenue. This is how you punish people of his status.

BTW, Mr. Vick's first name is mis-spelled. :P

If enough negative sentiment is expressed by the public, Nike will pull their contract with Mr. Vick, thus eliminating a vast chunk of his revenue. This is how you punish people of his status.

The problem then becomes one of, what if he actually is innocent? He'll have lost all that money for no reason other than what amounts to a Federal smear campaign. Granted, he could sue for damages and make it all back, but still...

The problem then becomes one of, what if he actually is innocent? He'll have lost all that money for no reason other than what amounts to a Federal smear campaign. Granted, he could sue for damages and make it all back, but still...

I gotta ask...Gipper, in this particular case and from everything you've read, do you think Michael Vick may be innocent?

I gotta ask...Gipper, in this particular case and from everything you've read, do you think Michael Vick may be innocent?

No, I do not. From what I've seen, I think he's guilty. However, I cannot claim to know everything. Regardless of my opinion on the case, Vick, like anyone else accused of a crime, has the right to be presumed innocent until found guilty in a court of law, because there is certainly the possiblity that he didn't actually commit a crime.

Here's what annoys me about the whole incident. For instance, instead of Vick say it was the punter for the Arizona Cardinals...this would have been a sidenote on the back of the sports pages. I'd bet money no one would be calling for the NFL to ban said punter just because he's a nobody as well.

Here's what annoys me about the whole incident. For instance, instead of Vick say it was the punter for the Arizona Cardinals...this would have been a sidenote on the back of the sports pages. I'd bet money no one would be calling for the NFL to ban said punter just because he's a nobody as well.

I would, as would my wife and PETA and the Humane society if they were aware of it. I know several members of PETA who once they know about someone being cruel to animals for whatever reason, they have their judgements.

Would the NY Post, USA Today, and other majors like Nancy Grace and CNN care? No, you're right. They would have found another evidence to convict him of dog fighting, or he would of already pleaded guilty, and be a small article on page 8 of the paper somewhere and in sports where.

Even if he IS innocent of not owning the dogs, the dog fighting materials and what not, WHY?!?! is he there in the first place supporting such cruelty?? He shouldn't put himself in a position where it can comeback and "bite" (pun intended) him in the butt.

Actually, he's only facing a $350,000 fine.

I'm content to wait and let all the facts come out and judge Vick then (Conflict of Interest disclaimer: As a Tech Alum, I do have a soft spot for the Maroon and Orange Number 7 :rolleyes: ). I will say, however, as more of these NFL, Pro Wrestling, Soccer, and NBA follies take place, it is interesting how well NHLers behave off the ice as compared to their other sports counter-parts. Along those lines a recent article in SI.com by Darren Eliot talked about this concluding, in part, that "NHL players are an honest, genuine and hard-working group with little in the way of bad behavior examples..."

It looks like the other three are rolling over on Vick based on how the prosecutor thought that there was not going to be an indictment a few weeks ago and then it came. The Feds want the big name to make a show of it and get a poster case.

I'll wait to say the NFL should do anything until he's convicted, but if the Falcons feel he's a distraction and suspend him I've got no qualms.

The current news is the Falcons don't want Vick in training camp and are preparing the guy who was to be his backup as the starter.

The current news is the Falcons don't want Vick in training camp and are preparing the guy who was to be his backup as the starter.

The NFL told him not to go to training camp.

Suspended without pay was an option I heard around ESPN/CNN today. Did that go through, or are they still unsure about the season yet?

Suspended without pay was an option I heard around ESPN/CNN today. Did that go through, or are they still unsure about the season yet?

Last I heard, he would still receive pay and I imagine that would be the case until he is convicted of something.

I hope he and his co-horts burn in hell forever. Sure, he hasn't been convicted yet, but I'm not stupid. I can figure out why someone would have about 60 pit bulls and all the accessories of dogfighting. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it's a duck. And even if he didn't actively participate, I can't believe he didn't know what was going on. :blink:

If it talks like a duck, it's Howard the Duck ;) . Anyway, I heard Nike finally dropped the sponsorship (yay!), and I hope he's hung by his reproductive organs... then shocked with a taser, and finally slammed by some wrestlers on a concrete patio repeatedly. I'm not really for Eye for an Eye (due to the qoute, An Eye for and eye would lead to a blind world), but I can make an exception in this case. Or, if we can't do that, submit his whole contract (all 130 million of it) to PETA and the Humane Society.