The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB thread: Trade deadline time

Well DiceK was good, but Hernandez was unhittable. Thank goodness for JD Drew.

Anyone else going out to the PawSox @ Bulls game tomorrow? I'll be there.

Hernandez was unbelievable :o . If he wasn't throwing against the Sox I'd have rooted for him. At least Dice-K shut down Ichiro and he really didn't pitch that bad, not his fault when no one can hit the ball.

I don't get Francona changing pitchers so much. Romero was pitching just fine and should have finished the inning. I hope that's not how the bull pen will be used all season, it didn't work out too well last year.

Can't make it tomorrow to the Bulls but I sure did try to make it work. Maybe Lester will come through when he starts pitching for the PawSox. Have fun tomorrow at the game.

Hernandez was unbelievable :o . If he wasn't throwing against the Sox I'd have rooted for him. At least Dice-K shut down Ichiro and he really didn't pitch that bad, not his fault when no one can hit the ball.

I don't get Francona changing pitchers so much. Romero was pitching just fine and should have finished the inning. I hope that's not how the bull pen will be used all season, it didn't work out too well last year.

Can't make it tomorrow to the Bulls but I sure did try to make it work. Maybe Lester will come through when he starts pitching for the PawSox. Have fun tomorrow at the game.

Thanks. Though I think the PawSox have lost every single time I've gone to see them play in the DBAP, including once on a walkoff grand slam several years ago, its always a good time, provided the weather is better than today's.

That kid for Seattle was awesome last night. I give full credit to him. The Soxs bats did not look good but I think Felix had a lot to do with it.

My Dodgers are rolling along at 6-3. I am happy but concerned over their lack of hitting. I hope it does not bite them in the long run.

On the Bright side, Brad Penny has looked excellent in his 2 starts and Saito has 5 saves already. :)

Just got back from the PawSox/Bulls game. PawSox lost 3-2, continuing their long losing streak in games I've attended.

Anyway, the most important thing I gleaned from this game is about Hansen: don't look for him any time soon. His line was 2+ IP, 5 hits, 2 walks, 1 K, 1 R. Don't know what his velocity was since the park's radar gun wasn't working, but his control was lousy and he wasn't fooling anybody, and these are AAA hitters we're talking about.

David Pauley started and pitched well. 6 innings, 2 runs, 7 hits, 2 Ks, 0 walks. The 7 hits were well spread out, only once did he give up multiple hits in the same inning, which was the inning where he allowed the 2 runs.

You're officially banned from PawSox games in Durham LOL.

Scary to hear that about Hansen, I'm keeping my fingers crossed about Lester returning and taking the place of Tavarez in the rotation.

You had some great weather out there, they cant say that in Boston but at least they didn't all the snow.

You're officially banned from PawSox games in Durham LOL.

Scary to hear that about Hansen, I'm keeping my fingers crossed about Lester returning and taking the place of Tavarez in the rotation.

You had some great weather out there, they cant say that in Boston but at least they didn't all the snow.

I am really liking the Braves right now. They look like they are back to their old division winning form, and Edgar Renteria is smokin' right now.

He seemed like a nice enough guy but it seemed like he couldn't deal with the pressure cooker in playing in Boston. Nice to hear he's found a good home.

I am really liking the Braves right now. They look like they are back to their old division winning form, and Edgar Renteria is smokin' right now.

He seemed like a nice enough guy but it seemed like he couldn't deal with the pressure cooker in playing in Boston. Nice to hear he's found a good home.

When he's not messing up he's great. Definitely looks like the old Braves. Chipper is looking almost better than ever.

When he's not messing up he's great. Definitely looks like the old Braves. Chipper is looking almost better than ever.

He does make some errors at the worst times.

On a different note, looks like Halliday may own us again this year. We may not have hit well against him but at least we cost him his first loss. I'm not sure though what I expected with a Halliday/Tavarez matchup, very similar to a Marty Brodeur/Ty Conklin match up :rolleyes: .

Manny gets his first homer of the season finally and how bout that Alex Cora, what a game he had today.

Medford you are right about Dice-K, I wish he could get the run support and and some wins. He's doing his part.

On a different note, looks like Halliday may own us again this year. We may not have hit well against him but at least we cost him his first loss. I'm not sure though what I expected with a Halliday/Tavarez matchup, very similar to a Marty Brodeur/Ty Conklin match up :rolleyes: .

Manny gets his first homer of the season finally and how bout that Alex Cora, what a game he had today.

Medford you are right about Dice-K, I wish he could get the run support and and some wins. He's doing his part.

Halladay vs. Tavarez? I knew we had it in the bag the whole way. ;)

Ok so I'm not a Yankees fan but coming back to win a game your losing 6-2 in the bottom of the 9th with two outs.....crazy.

I was hoping they'd have a loss not a sweep heading in our first series meeting. So be it.

Ok so I'm not a Yankees fan but coming back to win a game your losing 6-2 in the bottom of the 9th with two outs.....crazy.

I was hoping they'd have a loss not a sweep heading in our first series meeting. So be it.

Schilling vs. Pettite

Beckett vs. Jeff Karstens

DiceK vs. Chase Wright

Given those pitching matchups, it'll be a serious disappointment not to win the series. But if we can win a game with Tavarez against Halladay, anything's possible. Schill vs. Pettite should be great tonight.