The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB thread: Trade deadline time

A-Rod looks unbelievable. If he played like this last year I'm afraid they'd have taken the Cardinals easily. He's in the end of a contract year, wonder if he'll be in NY next year or maybe out West?

Side note: Is it time for Timlin to retire :mellow:

A-Rod looks unbelievable. If he played like this last year I'm afraid they'd have taken the Cardinals easily. He's in the end of a contract year, wonder if he'll be in NY next year or maybe out West?

Side note: Is it time for Timlin to retire :mellow:

Redman has been HORRIBLE. They need to just call someone up, and I believe they did last night when they got the win. I saw a very unfamiliar name as the pitcher.

PawSox are coming to town mid May. Anyone know if there's a chance we'd see Lester?

PawSox are coming to town mid May. Anyone know if there's a chance we'd see Lester?

Durham is in Pawtucket in mid-May. The PawSox were already here in Durham in April. They only come down to Durham once a season. Lester is scheduled to pitch on Friday and throw between 85-90 pitches against Buffalo. He is also supposed to get at least one other start in Pawtucket before being re-evaluated.

Durham is in Pawtucket in mid-May. The PawSox were already here in Durham in April. They only come down to Durham once a season. Lester is scheduled to pitch on Friday and throw between 85-90 pitches against Buffalo. He is also supposed to get at least one other start in Pawtucket before being re-evaluated.

Thanks for the update. I was at the Bulls game yesterday and saw it on the schedule but obviously missed the "away" part. Keep us posted Slapper. We could really use him in the rotation instead of Tavarez.

It'd be nice if the Sox could get a few more wins under their belt while the Yankees are still down and out. We know that won't last forever.

Thanks for the update. I was at the Bulls game yesterday and saw it on the schedule but obviously missed the "away" part. Keep us posted Slapper. We could really use him in the rotation instead of Tavarez.

It'd be nice if the Sox could get a few more wins under their belt while the Yankees are still down and out. We know that won't last forever.

So I've figured out the Red Sox strategy for this season, sit back against starters and completely light up the relievers.

Willy Mo!!!!!!!! The guy hasn't been able to see the ball let alone hit it but tonight......a grand slam and the Sox go ahead

5-2.

So I've figured out the Red Sox strategy for this season, sit back against starters and completely light up the relievers.

Willy Mo!!!!!!!! The guy hasn't been able to see the ball let alone hit it but tonight......a grand slam and the Sox go ahead

5-2.

5-2.

yes when Willie Mo hits a dinger to win a game its like winning the lottery. lol

Now lets hope the Sox can win 2 of 3 vs NY. Keep them down when you can. They have been here before only to let NY off the matt and win the division.

As for my Dodgers they have really struggled lately after a scortching hot start. Hope they wake up vs a good SD team.

Coco looks pretty sharp and so far so good for Dice-k. The Japanese media is killing me :lol:

Yoouuuukkkkkkk!!!! 2-0 Sox :D

Coco looks pretty sharp and so far so good for Dice-k. The Japanese media is killing me :lol:

Yoouuuukkkkkkk!!!! 2-0 Sox :D

Matsuzaka just had a meltdown!

The Empire marches on! ^_^

That was ugly. Dice-k looked a little lost out there. We need to get some runs back...quick.

There's some wierd stuff happening in this inning. Petit having just as much trouble with all the walks. 4-4 :o

Both pitchers are driving up their pitch counts.

Edit: 5-4 Sox

Edit: I have to think that this is where its gonna get tough for the Yanks. Time to call on the bull pen.

(although Dice-k isn't far behind him)

Edit: I was saying......6-4

Matsuzaka just had a meltdown!

The Empire marches on! ^_^

That was ugly. Dice-k looked a little lost out there. We need to get some runs back...quick.

There's some wierd stuff happening in this inning. Petit having just as much trouble with all the walks. 4-4 :o

Both pitchers are driving up their pitch counts.

Edit: 5-4 Sox

Edit: I have to think that this is where its gonna get tough for the Yanks. Time to call on the bull pen.

(although Dice-k isn't far behind him)

Edit: I was saying......6-4

Great night of baseball for me. Watched State pound Carolina 11-1, then got back in time watch the last couple innings of the Sox pounding the Yanks. My two fav teams beating up on their biggest rivals, doesn't get much better than that.

Here's a report on how Lester did last night up in Pawtucket taken from the PawSox website:

(Pawtucket, RI) - Friday night was a tribute to patience for the PawSox. After beating the rain, they beat the Bisons 5-1. Jon Lester was sensational in his season debut for Pawtucket, which started 29 minutes late due to inclement weather. Lester (ML rehab-cancer) threw 5 shutout innings, scattering 3 hits, with no walks and 6 strikeouts.

Nice outing for Lester, can't wait to see him up with the big club. They are going to give him at least one more start in Pawtucket before they consider bringing him up. It sure was nice to see the Sox hammer the Yanks...............gotta love it!!!

Here's a report on how Lester did last night up in Pawtucket taken from the PawSox website:

(Pawtucket, RI) - Friday night was a tribute to patience for the PawSox. After beating the rain, they beat the Bisons 5-1. Jon Lester was sensational in his season debut for Pawtucket, which started 29 minutes late due to inclement weather. Lester (ML rehab-cancer) threw 5 shutout innings, scattering 3 hits, with no walks and 6 strikeouts.

Nice outing for Lester, can't wait to see him up with the big club. They are going to give him at least one more start in Pawtucket before they consider bringing him up. It sure was nice to see the Sox hammer the Yanks...............gotta love it!!!

Awesome!!! Thanks for posting this. Its gonna be great to see him back in the rotation soon, not to mention greater to see Tavarez back in the pen.

Sox need to rack up some more wins and get a big lead on the division while they can. Its not gonna be like this forever.

Awesome!!! Thanks for posting this. Its gonna be great to see him back in the rotation soon, not to mention greater to see Tavarez back in the pen.

Sox need to rack up some more wins and get a big lead on the division while they can. Its not gonna be like this forever.

Don't you mean they need to do nothing. I think the yanks are fine where they are.

I think things are just perfect the way they are :D