The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
warbird-1

MLB thread: Trade deadline time

Don't you mean they need to do nothing. I think the yanks are fine where they are.

I think things are just perfect the way they are :D

Josh Hancock, pitcher for the St. Louis Cardinals died in a car accident this morning.

Thoughts go out to his family and the Cardinals.

Josh Hancock, pitcher for the St. Louis Cardinals died in a car accident this morning.

too many athletes dying this year. I know being a Bronco fan :( :(

Prayers to the Hancock family

Looks like the Hancock story is taking a turn for the worse.

On a better note..Okajima is lights out! Perfect set up guy for Papelbon.

The Yankees are killing the Rangers 8-0. Maybe releasing some frustration?

Edit: Papelbon with his first blown save...he's human. :(

Looks like the Hancock story is taking a turn for the worse.

On a better note..Okajima is lights out! Perfect set up guy for Papelbon.

The Yankees are killing the Rangers 8-0. Maybe releasing some frustration?

Edit: Papelbon with his first blown save...he's human. :(

Thanks for the update Slapper. I guess I'll give Tavarez the benefit of the doubt cause Lester is just not ready. Nice to read that they're thinking of Lester's health first. Sounds like his pitching is coming along fine, he just needs more time to build back up his energy.

I heard the Yankees are putting out all the stops to get Clemens to join their rotation. Woudn't he rather play for a winning team :P ?

Thanks for the update Slapper. I guess I'll give Tavarez the benefit of the doubt cause Lester is just not ready. Nice to read that they're thinking of Lester's health first. Sounds like his pitching is coming along fine, he just needs more time to build back up his energy.

I heard the Yankees are putting out all the stops to get Clemens to join their rotation. Woudn't he rather play for a winning team :P ?

Here's another update on Jon Lester taken from the Pawsox website:

(Pawtucket, RI) - The PawSox losing streak reached 5 on Wednesday night as Indianapolis scored early and beat Pawtucket 5-1. Jon Lester (0-1) was touched for 2 runs in the first inning. Lester, on a major league rehab assignment was taken out of the game after 3 innings. Initial reports indicated that Lester had some cramping in his left wrist.

Here's a link to an article regarding Lesters' outing last night from the Boston Herald if you want a little more detail:

http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view...rticleid=198264

Anyone see Tom Brady wearing the Yankees hat? Classic

:o Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

(I need proof)

(I need proof)

(I need proof)

BDD_TB_GB_nyy_INF.jpg

I'm not a Pats fan, so it doesn't really bother me (although how does a guy from California who now plays in Boston become a Yankees fan). The more disturbing part is it looks like he's carrying a purse.

Well the hat definately bothers me!!!!!

As far as the purse, as long as he keeps driving the Pats into the post season, he can carry any color "man-purse" he wants. Probably a diaper bag anyway for either one of his pregnant girlfriends :o .

Now I can see why Tedy Bruschi was the Pats player selected to throw out the first pitch on opening day at Fenway following the World Series win. You'd think Tom would be smart enough to pick a winning team :P .

Slapper and Medford can back me up on this....this will not go over well with Red Sox Nation or the Pat's Fans, who are usually one in the same. LOL!

Well the hat definately bothers me!!!!!

As far as the purse, as long as he keeps driving the Pats into the post season, he can carry any color "man-purse" he wants. Probably a diaper bag anyway for either one of his pregnant girlfriends :o .

Now I can see why Tedy Bruschi was the Pats player selected to throw out the first pitch on opening day at Fenway following the World Series win. You'd think Tom would be smart enough to pick a winning team :P .

Slapper and Medford can back me up on this....this will not go over well with Red Sox Nation or the Pat's Fans, who are usually one in the same. LOL!

Props to Wake on a great game tonight. I find it humorous that on a night we win a game 2-0, the Yankees lose a game 15-11. Guess that great game Igawa had against us was a fluke.

Can't wait till he pitches his first game in Fenway. I'd imagine he'll be getting the same reception as Damon and ARod get, they're gonna have field day with it.

Just makes it more interesting....

Red Sox win series with the Twins. The train keeps on rolling........

Can't wait till he pitches his first game in Fenway. I'd imagine he'll be getting the same reception as Damon and ARod get, they're gonna have field day with it.

Just makes it more interesting....

Red Sox win series with the Twins. The train keeps on rolling........

I wonder if Clemens is getting his typical prorated $20 mil, or if he decided to drive up the price to the desparate Yankees since they've gotten so injured lately?

Clemens will be earning $4.5 million a month, $28 million overall (prorated, of course).

Interestingly, he says his first start will be at the beginning of next month...and the Yankees head to Fenway June 1st. Coincidince? I THINK NOT!

ESPN had some prediction for Clemens (though I have no idea how anyone could even guess such a thing).

12 wins and a 4.0 ERA How on earth can he get 12 wins starting in June, I don't care who he is.

ESPN had some prediction for Clemens (though I have no idea how anyone could even guess such a thing).

12 wins and a 4.0 ERA How on earth can he get 12 wins starting in June, I don't care who he is.

It's not that big of a stretch. He's got 4 months...all he needs to do is win 3 games a month. That's hardly anything. Winning 20 games means you win, on average, 3.3 games a month over a full season (April-September). It's entirely possible, given the Yankees offensive capabilities, that Clemens can pull it off.